• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naraku is poison, tons of the early demons are poison. There are the thunder brothers, Kirara is a fire type, Shippo is a fire type. Rapidash is a fire type.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Good stuff as always. Bread+ potatoes what other foods will this show try to shove down our throats.
The Shippendun dance team and Orhihime fantasty pics are cute.
And we were Really SHINY SHINY last night.

I think AoT actually wants our next food to be PEOPLE. SHINTY SHINY *Titan eats a village* ^_^ Or whichever fast food survived into the age of wall-building.

I love this sketch dump. These are my favorite. Great job with hummingbird/magpie image expecially. The Naruto one makes me laugh way too hard.

Real glad ya like it! Magbird was to fun NOT to do. Elegant dancing Chiyo and Sakura was channeled to my by Raxus apparently, which is appreciated! ;)

Well that episode of Clone Wars was pretty freaking fantastic, good story, awesome action, great pacing, and just a lot of fun.

It's funny, I never have any strong feelings for Clone Wars, no matter how good it is. I did appreciate the obvious Akira Kurosawa inspiration, though. Especially after having anime try it on the block in a much more drawn-out fashion.

paranoia-agent-op-o.gif

I kinda wish we had something like Paranoia Agent on around the 3~4:00 A.M. time of night. Something to wind down after the harsh feel of Black Lagoon, but yet doesn't get all childish-faire like Batman.

R.I.P Satoshi Kon! :{

I must say for as dragged out as Shippuden is, I feel it's more enjoyable on average then Beware the Batman, it's got great potential but it's just squandering it on a lame batman, a lame gordon, a decent Alfred, a decent side kick, and some decent if obscure villains.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd actually take the two episodes of BtB over the almost 20 episodes of Shippuden so far just out of total time wasted...and I like Naruto.

It feels like beware the batman takes out half the stuff for why people like batman, like the rogues gallery could be fine, much like brave and bold's own was irregular and fine, but B&Bs batman was like...brave and ...bold...and charismatic.

Takashi

I was going to post a parody of the AoT opening but decided against it when I saw even the damn recommended videos had massive spoilers. If you haven't seen AoT I wouldn't recommend looking up anything about it.

Seda

Youtube in general is a spoiler minefield, from video titles to comments section. Looking up music or opening is dangerous on the front.

Gorillaz

I would avoid looking up anything AoT on youtube.

People are so giddy spoiling shit that the anime hasn't covered yet like
who the Armored and Colossal Titan are
that it's annoying. I remember just looking up the alt opening (personally I like it better) and got spoiled from shit in the manga. Nobody has any sort of filter. Also if you try to look up on scene from the show, I promise the related vids on the side will most likely spoil something else. Especially this early out in the dub.

Tenumi

Banned
I still can't get over how 3/4 of the Black Lagoon English cast has done voices for MLP:FIM.

The boy in the current arc is Spike, the exact voice from the exact same actress. Roberta is Rarity, Luna, and so many others.

Certainly makes Black Lagoon a heck of a lot of fun to watch for me, given that.

Black Lagoon
Sym-Bionic Titan
Space Dandy
Samurai Jack
FMA Brotherhood
Attack on Titan
One Piece
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Blue Exorcist
Naruto
Bleach
Beware the Batman
Naruto Shippuden

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, I wasn't just banging on about BL being one of the finest dubs ever (it's certainly the best thing Ocean has ever done and it's not even close) but that it has so many rookies/never been leads before in big positions is pretty damn cool. Sure Rock and Benny are in a ton of shit but everyone else is either new or a bit player.

In fact outside of a slightly disappointing final act I'd say the show is pretty much flawless at what it sets out to do. The beginning of season two in particular is going to blow minds around here.

Levyne

Banned
Just watched that whole interview. I won't 100% guarantee that all of the clips are from episodes we've seen, but there wasn't any spoilers to my knowledge. Fun watch.

Gorillaz

Yeah, I wasn't just banging on about BL being one of the finest dubs ever (it's certainly the best thing Ocean has ever done and it's not even close) but that it has so many rookies/never been leads before in big positions is pretty damn cool. Sure Rock and Benny are in a ton of shit but everyone else is either new or a bit player.

In fact outside of a slightly disappointing final act I'd say the show is pretty much flawless at what it sets out to do. The beginning of season two in particular is going to blow minds around here.

I liked it the most because it was focusing more on CD and the "grey area" of the underworld/blackmarket. I can understand why tho people wouldn't like it since it's different.

It's hilarious tho if the VA's all worked on MLP tho.

So are they showing Cooler's Revenge next Saturday or did they show it already? Have no tv right now but will next week and I love Cooler's Revenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom