• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
To be fair, this is their other mascot

SgiqTJP.jpg

Amikami

Banned
Wait. What mascot is there besides Ronald?

Anyway, might as well share. Posted this in the Recreate your avatar in paint thread. I HATE PAINT!!!

4bu6.png

I think you missed my main point. Not everyone has the same life situation as you, I'm not going to spend hours a day catching up on episodes or the reading the manga for a bloated shonen. I have friends, family, a girlfriend and other entertainment options vying for my attention every single day so it's not feasible to sit down and catch up on One Piece unless I want it to take months or years. I'm not a huge fan of the series so why the heck would I put myself through all that effort when I can read the wiki and watch clips of the important parts? I feel like all the people saying 'oh no you HAVE to read the manga, reading the wiki or watching clips is lazy/subjecting yourself to potential spoilers are being unreasonable. I didn't ruin one single future plot point so that's a dumb argument and I already addressed how it's not laziness.

I feel like this thread's One Piece fanbase can be pushy at times, especially if you have a dissenting opinion.

Didn't you already watch ahead to the next arc after Water 7, Gucci? If so, why didn't you read the wiki or watch clips for the next arc? Just curious.

And I think you also missed my point. If someone wants to catch up with the anime/manga, there's. no. need. to. rush. at. all.
If they don't want to catch up, and just stick with Toonami or the dvd sets, that's fine, too.
If they enjoy what they're reading/watching and wish to continue, it should be at their own pace.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm a One Piece fanatic and I'd say that while the manga is the faster way to catch up that the anime does a better job on most of the material (barring one change in Sanji's backstory) and also that it's too bad people are catching up now when a lot of it is missing from Hulu. Last summer in preparation for One Piece funimation/hulu had 1-205 up for about two months, none of their oh hey, let's cut out an arc or two nonsense that they usually have.

Didn't you already watch ahead to the next arc after Water 7, Gucci? If so, why didn't you read the wiki or watch clips for the next arc? Just curious.

And I think you also missed my point. If someone wants to catch up with the anime/manga, there's. no. need. to. rush. at. all.
If they don't want to catch up, and just stick with Toonami or the dvd sets, that's fine, too.
If they enjoy what they're reading/watching and wish to continue, it should be at their own pace.

I marathoned Water 7 because:

1. It was over the summer right after graduation when I didn't have a job lined up

2. No girlfriend at that point in my life

3. Many of my close friends were in another part of the state last summer

4. I think it's one of the best modern shonen arcs of all-time

Outside of Water 7, I do not care for One Piece so the rest of the series (prior to W7/EL) I caught up on via wikipedia/youtube and was/am more than satisfied with that decision. I have not seen any One Piece content past the arc we're on now and will just wait to watch what happens next on toonami.

I get your point bishop; I responded directly to it and provided a counter-argument. I'm not sure if you're not acknowledging what I'm saying or if there's a failure to communicate on both sides.

I marathoned Water 7 because:

1. It was over the summer right after graduation when I didn't have a job lined up

2. No girlfriend at that point in my life

3. Many of my close friends were in another part of the state last summer

4. I think it's one of the best modern shonen arcs of all-time

Outside of Water 7, I do not care for One Piece so the rest of the series (prior to W7/EL) I caught up on via wikipedia/youtube and was/am more than satisfied with that decision. I have not seen any One Piece content past the arc we're on now and will just wait to watch what happens next on toonami.

I get your point bishop; I responded directly to it and provided a counter-argument. I'm not sure if you're not acknowledging what I'm saying or if there's a failure to communicate on both sides.

Thank you for filling me in on that, Gucci. I understand what you're getting at, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree when it comes to the wiki thing.

As long as you don't watch too far ahead like...some other people. >.>

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I was a One Piece fan before it was cool.

I found the manga in Shonen Jump in 2003, and it was the one that stood out to me the most (and that's compared to DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu Yu Hakusho, Shaman King, and Naruto).
Then 4Kids made it look like sharbage. Horrid rap theme, awful voicework, all the editing...

And thus, everyone gravitated towards Naruto. Boy, they sure bet on the wrong horse. Isn't that right
Obito, Nagato, and Madara?
Oh and Sasuke.

ckohler

With the Momocon panel coming this week, I'm even more so looking forward to Saturday. It'd be neat if they tease something exciting for the future.

ckohler

It's going to be super duper dumb, isn't it?

Beyond the whole oh, we're tiny but fast nonsense.

I've saw a couple of late season episodes back before it started on Toonami (that's all I've seen) and the 3D gear makes sense when you learn its specific purpose.

daveo42

Banned
Totally screwed the Target deal. Should have gone yesterday.

I was a One Piece fan before it was cool.

I found the manga in Shonen Jump in 2003, and it was the one that stood out to me the most (and that's compared to DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu Yu Hakusho, Shaman King, and Naruto).
Then 4Kids made it look like sharbage. Horrid rap theme, awful voicework, all the editing...

And thus, everyone gravitated towards Naruto. Boy, they sure bet on the wrong horse. Isn't that right
Obito, Nagato, and Madara?
Oh and Sasuke.

I got into Naruto and One Piece in early 2004 after taking a break from FFXI and slowly caught up with both. Dropped both and came back to them in about 2006. Switching over to the manga was the best idea for me due to the amount of time I spent just watching the show.

The anime works to see a lot of the action animated and a few situational bits, but I generally find the manga better paced and easier to stay current.

daveo42

Banned
I... don't have any idea how the 3D Gear works... I guess it must have something to do with the weight distribution...

It's better explained in the manga. I think it's explained some in the anime, but those were during the break cards (not sure what they are actually called) and we won't be seeing due to time restrictions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ugh, really? I still don't get how that'll work but whatever.

I'm enjoying it so far but its definitely not blowing me away. I'd go as far to say that I enjoyed the first few episodes of SAO more but they are likely going to take different trajectories quite soon.

Now onto more Samurai animation budget for only the first Six episodes.

1/10? I figured it out just watching the opening and was surprised they treated it as a "reveal". It's just exactly what you would think.

You talking about the first or second opening? And what "reveal" are you talking about? Pm me cause last thing we need is walls of spoiler text

That's not that risky Bass. It's not zero risk either though to be sure.

At worst you leave yourself with hector at 8 hp and the enemy not damaged at all, and its not like FE7 didn't have tons of great sword users running around who'd be better equipped for that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom