• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Lagoon probably won't be back yet.

The manga is only "half" way done with that wild card arc or whatever it's called. I can't see a season 4 until maybe next year. Director/madhouse tho apparently is foaming from the mouth for them to speed up the manga.

Lagoon probably won't be back yet.

The manga is only "half" way done with that wild card arc or whatever it's called. I can't see a season 4 until maybe next year. Director/madhouse tho apparently is foaming from the mouth for them to speed up the manga.

I'm glad the mad house director is cool with waiting for the manga and only adapting what they have then waiting

Gorillaz

I'm glad the mad house director is cool with waiting for the manga and only adapting what they have then waiting

Yea it sounds like they are on pretty cool terms. Honestly thought the director (or Mad house in general) was going to give up at one point especially since like mentioned they have HxH at the same time.

Same with the VA, I thought they were going to pass Black Lagoon just because how long it took the OVA to come out, but the gang came back. Probably because of contracts lol but it's nice that everyone is waiting patiently for the next part.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The manga must do crazy sales in Japan if the author is allowed long hiatuses like that.

MikeMyers

They could always go for vanilla DBZ but the dub hasn't aged well in my opinion and watching that on a weekly pace would be like how we watch Shippuden on a weekly base. It'd take like half a year to get to the Saibaman battle.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
They could always go for vanilla DBZ but the dub hasn't aged well in my opinion and watching that on a weekly pace would be like how we watch Shippuden on a weekly base. It'd take like half a year to get to the Saibaman battle.

I am not sure old DBZ is even an option at this point in time.

You can actually watch coolers revenge on nicktoons website, and while I can't find an exact date they have aired the movie on nicktoons before. I'll admit the movie rights are probably separate from kai's rights.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Disney made sure viz signed an exclusive 5 year deal with them for shippuden which is why it was trapped forever, not sure if nicktoons has the same pull as Disney to pull a stunt like that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is pretty dull!

It is very poorly animated.

The music is at least passable and none of the acting is terrible.

GXP, the final show in my lineup doesn't even have that going for it. It also manically swings from being too dull to watch and too terrible not too. It will be nice to watch something in comfort on Netflix again instead of various ad supported free streaming services that always freeze after every tenth ad or so.

It is pretty dull!

It is very poorly animated.

The music is at least passable and none of the acting is terrible.

GXP, the final show in my lineup doesn't even have that going for it. It also manically swings from being too dull to watch and too terrible not too. It will be nice to watch something in comfort on Netflix again instead of various ad supported free streaming services that always freeze after every tenth ad or so.

You can just buy the dvd box set like I did :D

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just got back from Godzilla. Here's my review:

FUCK YEAH, MOTHERFUCKER!

zq04l8z.png

End of review.

Oh, yea, whomever said DBZ Kai was gone from the Nicktoons website did not look hard enough.
http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/dragon-ball-z-kai-videos/

And when you click on that main page link for DBZ Kai on that page, or any link that tries to send you to this:

http://nicktoons.nick.com/shows/dragon-ball-z-kai

It autoforwards you to Nicktoons' home page, which was all I was saying.

BassForever said:
You can actually watch coolers revenge on nicktoons website, and while I can't find an exact date they have aired the movie on nicktoons before. I'll admit the movie rights are probably separate from kai's rights.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Disney made sure viz signed an exclusive 5 year deal with them for shippuden which is why it was trapped forever, not sure if nicktoons has the same pull as Disney to pull a stunt like that.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't DeMarco tease Nicktoons a little about counterprogramming against Toonami with DBZ early on?

As for "pull", there's nothing of the sort. The two sides agreed to a contract worth X amount of years. Viz got paid, and they couldn't get paid again until the rights became available again. The same thing'll happen with Nick - if they don't want to renew, someone else will get a chance at whatever DBZ rights become available.

i just think it's too big of a coincidence for this movie to be airing 4 years after DBZ's Nicktoons premiere.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There a movie version of this, or do you mean Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven, which I've probably seen a dozen times each.

They did not have a carborated samurai as far as I can remember.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There a movie version of this, or do you mean Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven, which I've probably seen a dozen times each.

They did not have a carborated samurai as far as I can remember.

I mean the original Kurosawa movie...I guess you already covered that then.
Word of warning, S7 goes really weird places.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Samurai 7 Episode 14

They were betrayed!

No, Swerve, it's a raid on Majora's mask!

Evil Vash doesn't need no damn mecha.

Oh no, pretty boy activated his super mode! Doesn't he know that a serene state of being is how you truly use the hyper mode???

This was the first halfway decent episode of the show.

Gorillaz

Yo Yo and his circus de soleil of a father look awkward . Dude looks like Ridding hippos over Dairy Queen looking dessert levels. Does 4kids still exist? Did they dub that? this whole thing looks like a 4kids dubbers dream.

King of Games is doing somersaults in his grave. Pharaoh deserved better than this, Andrex

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So his father is a ringmaster...? That would explain the getup.

His father Yusho was kind of a dueling performance artist, yeah. It's how Yuya learned showmanship (he says "ladies and gentlemen!" quite a bit.)

Yuya also stated a duel school named after his father called the "You Show Duel School." He had a poster of his father in his room, because his dad has been missing for a while when the series starts.

His father Yusho was kind of a dueling performance artist, yeah. It's how Yuya learned showmanship (he says "ladies and gentlemen!" quite a bit.)

Yuya also stated a duel school named after his father called the "You Show Duel School." He had a poster of his father in his room, because his dad has been missing for a while when the series starts.

How the hell dif he go from Yusho to "You Show"?
Japanese/Engrish word play. :p

This is the second series in a row where parents vanished under mysterious circumstances, 3rd if you count Yusuke's parents being "dead" in 5-ds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom