• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Curvy Asuka and her girlfriends are typical high school students -- except that they're secretly learning the ways of the ninja! Get an education in action-packed naughtiness and sexy slapstick fun, as Asuka's gorgeous gang takes on the hardest-hitting -- and hottest -- fighters in town!

I like how they stated "curvy" Asuka and not just Asuka. Thank god for the ad before it as well so I can exit out of it.

daveo42

Banned
Curvy Asuka and her girlfriends are typical high school students -- except that they're secretly learning the ways of the ninja! Get an education in action-packed naughtiness and sexy slapstick fun, as Asuka's gorgeous gang takes on the hardest-hitting -- and hottest -- fighters in town!

I like how they stated "curvy" Asuka and not just Asuka. Thank god for the ad before it as well so I can exit out of it.

Oh god, I didn't even read the description. Funi really does know the demo they are aiming for on this one. Best is the "sexy slapstick fun".

unclephil.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So, Andrex, do you still collect Yugioh cards or are you more of an anime-exclusive fan?

The temptation is strong. Thankfully I can just use Dueling Network and the YGO Pro Android app to get my fix instead of sinking hundreds of dollars into physical cards. The game is immensely fun and rewarding.

I dropped out during Zexal but I really like Arc-V so far. Yuya's great, the perfect mix of confident and humble.

Ratings are in

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.9 HH, 1.344 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.7 HH, 1.012 million viewers
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.7 HH, 1.014 million viewers
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.7 HH, 969,000 viewers
1:30AM One Piece 0.6 HH, 847,000 viewers
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.6 HH, 804,000 viewers
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.5 HH, 708,000 viewers
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.6 HH, 772,000 viewers
3:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 771,000 viewers
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 732,000 viewers
4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.5 HH, 647,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 630,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 563,000 viewers

For its entire week in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 4 percent in total viewership (1.192 million vs. 1.149 million) and up 6 percent among Adults 18-49 (686,000 vs. 647,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 7 percent in total viewership (1.192 million vs. 1.287 million) and down 9 percent among Adults 18-49 (686,000 vs. 751,000) from the same week one year ago (May 13-19, 2013).

Source

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shota Yuya looks like he should be on Digimon, not Yugioh

Hair is too ridiculous for Digimon.

Yo Yo and his circus de soleil of a father look awkward . Dude looks like Ridding hippos over Dairy Queen looking dessert levels. Does 4kids still exist? Did they dub that? this whole thing looks like a 4kids dubbers dream.

4kids Productions went under but their New York office was bought by Konami to continue dubbing Zexal, and Arc-V will indeed be dubbed by them eventually.

It's fun to watch. Don't know why it has to be more than that.

King of Games is doing somersaults in his grave. Pharaoh deserved better than this, Andrex

I don't know what point you're trying to make...? Yu-Gi-Oh's always been pretty cheesy.

This is the second series in a row where parents vanished under mysterious circumstances, 3rd if you count Yusuke's parents being "dead" in 5-ds

Did we ever find out what happened to Yugi's father too?

Gorillaz

AoT is keeping that million view tier. So that's good.

Interesting seeing BL take a dive and everything else went back up afterwards. So it's not a time problem with it. Even beware the batmen did better in ratings.

Hair is too ridiculous for Digimon.

4kids Productions went under but their New York office was bought by Konami to continue dubbing Zexal, and Arc-V will indeed be dubbed by them eventually.

It's fun to watch. Don't know why it has to be more than that.

I don't know what point you're trying to make...? Yu-Gi-Oh's always been pretty cheesy.

lol it was all tongue and cheek breh

I forgot about Dueling Network tho, have they kept up with the new series like Zexal and Ar c V? that's pretty cool if they have been and are still keeping it free

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think it has the most recent cards, yeah.

Wish the UI didn't suck ass though (and it wasn't Flash, but that's not here nor there.)

YGO Pro is legit though, it plays like an official game with how automated everything is.

Yugi's dad is away on business in the manga dropped from the anime completely, his mom is also basically non existent and 4kids cut her 2 anime appearances for reasons

daveo42

Banned
Ratings are in

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.9 HH, 1.344 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.7 HH, 1.012 million viewers
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.7 HH, 1.014 million viewers
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.7 HH, 969,000 viewers
1:30AM One Piece 0.6 HH, 847,000 viewers
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.6 HH, 804,000 viewers
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.5 HH, 708,000 viewers
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.6 HH, 772,000 viewers
3:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 771,000 viewers
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 732,000 viewers
4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.5 HH, 647,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 630,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 563,000 viewers

Source

Nice to see some viewer retention during the block, but we are still seeing them OP and BL drops. Sadder is that same day views of BtB are the highest in the back stretch (and over BL ;_;). The brand has some serious pull, but so far the show has been wholly unimpressive.

Gorillaz

I'm surprised Naruto still "charts" that high. Like i consider whatever show is on at 3 after lagoon being the "soft ending" to toonami for people. But I guess not
With a little jump Samurai could have passed up Lagoon.

yea brotherhood actually passed it up that late in the schedule

I think it has the most recent cards, yeah.

Wish the UI didn't suck ass though (and it wasn't Flash, but that's not here nor there.)

YGO Pro is legit though, it plays like an official game with how automated everything is.

hmm...might look into YGO Pro one of these days then. I remember DN years back when I was "kinda" interested in it being touch and go because it counted on both parties following the rules (a blessing regardless because it was open for all)

I'm surprised Naruto still "charts" that high. Like i consider whatever show is on at 3 after lagoon being the "soft ending" to toonami for people. But I guess not
With a little jump Samurai could have passed up Lagoon.

yea brotherhood actually passed it up that late in the schedule

hmm...might look into YGO Pro one of these days then. I remember DN years back when I was "kinda" interested in it being touch and go because it counted on both parties following the rules (a blessing regardless because it was open for all)

Don't play with randoms on dn or else fear then they do something wrong or accuse you of doing something wrong leading to a dn mod deciding things and often they'll be wrong too

on one hand the back end is way higher than i remember it ever used to being on the other hand that drop at one piece is disappointing as usual.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

*shakes cane* Back in my day we had to use YVD and download our own card packs and we liked it!

Man everything looks good except for Black Lagoon. Why? Whyyyyyyy?

Another note: Does anyone wanna meet up for Momocon or is there already an unofficial GAF meetup?

Gorillaz

Don't play with randoms on dn or else fear then they do something wrong or accuse you of doing something wrong leading to a dn mod deciding things and often they'll be wrong too

*shakes cane* Back in my day we had to use YVD and download our own card packs and we liked it!
Yea DN was pretty interesting, I'm rusty but I remember people trying to pull one over on me and I'm like "nah bro that ain't the rules, I still remember them lol". Also what is YVD?

Man everything looks good except for Black Lagoon. Why? Whyyyyyyy?
Mix between people not into that type of thing and probably the fact people watched ahead.

My old roommate literally started watching ahead after episode 7.

I don't know if naruto is finally getting better paced that wouldnt really show in ratings until the following week i would think, additionally it really isnt like one piece isnt in build up mode right now still, not really gonna write it off until it gets to fights and stuff itself. Though I will say the shift to 1:30 hasn't helped it at all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Really well? No. Decent? Yes.

Soul Eater did 981K in the same time slot one year ago.

It had a far better lead in.

A year ago we were used to petamils and whatnot. Now we don't have them anymore. Something is turning people off, it could be the Dandy repeats, it could be Shippuden or it could be the lack of something to drive the hype later, like SAO.

Why? Did One Piece suddenly stop being lead in by a poorly paced Shippuden episode?

Maybe because One Piece would get a bounce if the masses actually gave a shit about it? I think Shippuden has been a slog long enough for people to realize the pacing won't improve anytime soon.

It had a far better lead in.

A year ago we were used to petamils and whatnot. Now we don't have them anymore. Something is turning people off, it could be the Dandy repeats, it could be Shippuden or it could be the lack of something to drive the hype later, like SAO.

Uh, what? One Piece was the lead in for Soul Eater a year ago. I'm not sure if the One Piece fan in you is saying it's a much better lead-in or if you actually believe that because the numbers don't support your claim.

A year ago we didn't have pentamils, that didn't happen until August when summer was almost over. And how are you going to say we don't get them anymore? It just happened last in March. More than once too.

Yeah something is turning people off. The fact that One Piece has questionable art, uneven pacing, and annoying tenancies (i.e. the getting stuck gag and constant yelling). Instead of blaming Dandy and Shippuden, basically anything except One Piece, I think it's time people realized the show has flaws.

EDIT: added in links

Seda

Ratings are fine for general curiosity but in the end I don't care much if One Piece gets 800k or 1200k or that Black Lagoon experiences a drop. I'm just here for the ride.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yea DN was pretty interesting, I'm rusty but I remember people trying to pull one over on me and I'm like "nah bro that ain't the rules, I still remember them lol". Also what is YVD?

Yugioh Virtual Desktop. It was the first online YGO simulator, a desktop program for Windows that didn't come with any card images.

joCNy6E.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom