• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I always wanted to do a thing where I counted all the actual "days" in Pokemon and added them up. Like, even being conservative about it and only counting on-screen days, it's probably over 1000 by now. That's like 3 years in real time.

So what does Sho-Pro do? They make Ash younger.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always wanted to do a thing where I counted all the actual "days" in Pokemon and added them up. Like, even being conservative about it and only counting on-screen days, it's probably over 1000 by now. That's like 3 years in real time.

So what does Sho-Pro do? They make Ash younger.

Best not to worry about such things.

Oooh, Final Bleach opening will be Saturday. Never seen it before, anyone got a good link to it?

I was legit shook when looking through my local library network and various online retailers to find out how far behind the DVD releases of Bleach are. The one I needed for this project was basically the most or second most recent release and its almost 100 episodes behind Toonami!

EDIT: Actually disregard that last bit, those are UK listings for the DVD. This DVD came out the very end of 2012, so Toonami is only ahead by about a year of the DVD.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, that's another good one.

Has a nice progression of time too.

No wonder I recognize them. They did the fourth ending for FMA:B and the Bleach Opening I love. This group is good.

BBboy20

"FROM THE CREATOR OF YUYU HAKASHO"
Wait, what?

One Piece: Sanji is back! Nothing else matters in this episode. (Okay I feel that Robin's 'sacrificing' the world to save her friends is a bit hokey)
Was she that lonely in the series? She always seem cool and collected.
Blue Exorcist: I did not care about anything that was happening. The conflict and its resolution were boring. Stand-alone episodes are fine and all but 10 episodes in and I feel like barely any 'storyline' has happened. Every main character has been introduced sufficiently, time for the ball to get rolling I think.
I actually did boo when Yugi stated that there was nothing but studying on the horizon, was like "that's not why we are watching this show".
Also Revy can't deal with Rock, <insert Crona/Revy mashup>
Bad Company: The Show

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I wasn't aware until today that YHH had low ratings when it aired here.

I think it would have done a lot better on AS if they had anime Saturdays back then. Show isn't really for kids, especially later on. Same for Rurouni Kenshin.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ah yes, proto-Adult Swim. Must have been the Home Movies / actual swimming pool bumps era.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ah yes, proto-Adult Swim. Must have been the Home Movies / actual swimming pool bumps era.

2002, yes, and yea, Yu Yu Hakasho actually did much better on Toonami, it just could not escape the long shadow cast by Dragon Ball Z.

bigkrev

*peeks out of a hole*

Is SAO gone? Is it safe to come back out?

Yes, its gone, but no, it's not safe to come out.

Off-topic, but there is a crazy Japanese game sale on PSN this week.
Capture_zps2bac3db8.jpg

Capture1_zpsaf1c9fbb.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was actually just about to post it here.

Might finally use my final free month of PS+ to get these sales.

Tenumi

Banned
Yes, its gone, but no, it's not safe to come out.

Off-topic, but there is a crazy Japanese game sale on PSN this week.

Aw man, if it wasn't for the fact that I'd really prefer to have a physical copy, I'd grab Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory as soon as possible.

Does anyone have a similar PSN month trial thing? I want to take advantage of those sales. :< Muramasa Rebirth and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for less than 20 bucks sounds way more appealing than Muramasa Rebirth and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for 32 bucks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for $10 daammmnnnn. I wanted a physical version, but for that price, I might as well go digital again when Vesperia was about $5 on Xbox Live.

Muramasa Rebirth is tempting to rebuy (even if I can't get PS+ price on Vita) so I can get the DLC since I sold my copy months before the DLC was released since I forgot about it a month after I got the game and finished everything I could before selling it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Did anyone actually think that anything other than the movies was anything more than glorified fanfiction? I'm surprised the Clone Wars show is staying canon though.

Clone wars was made with the expressed intention of being canon, so im not surprised by it

bigkrev

Seda is deciding what I spend my paycheck on the 8th on and CoL is one of my most anticipated wiiU games

I'd post a link to the Polygon review that Seda basically said was wrong, but it's been scrubbed from the Internet.

I'm waiting a few days regardless, I need to know how messed up the PC port is. How bad/manditory UPLAY is, and if it's horribly un-optomized (seriously, My computer that gets 60 maxed out on most games can't even get over 30 at medium at the terrible Black Flag port)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'd post a link to the Polygon review that Seda basically said was wrong, but it's been scrubbed from the Internet.

I'm waiting a few days regardless, I need to know how messed up the PC port is. How bad/manditory UPLAY is, and if it's horribly un-optomized (seriously, My computer that gets 60 maxed out on most games can't even get over 30 at medium at the terrible Black Flag port)

What did the polygon review say allegedly?

bigkrev

""There's a way to switch other party members into a fight in medias res, but it's cumbersome, and ultimately doesn't add much strategy."

I....um....disagree with this strongly.

"There's a way to switch other party members into a fight in medias res, but it's cumbersome, and ultimately doesn't add much strategy."

This comment alone discounts Polygon's entire review.

I don't know about Normal mode, but on Hard mode, you have to use party swapping extensively, even on non-boss battles. It's literally, the key to doing well at the game.

Also, swapping party members is literally, "Press Up once, Press A, Select Party Member." That's one more button press than FFX (which has a dedicated party swap button) but it's hardly cumbersome.

daveo42

Banned
Holy poo on a stick! Some of those PSN deals are insane! Might need to pick up a digital copy of Tales of Symphonia at that price. I might finally pick up Dangan Ronpa too.

Yeah I've been reading that thread too. The comments on the game from Polygon are just plain bad. I'm not exactly sure how they actually justify some of these comments. I'm really excited to sit down and play Child of Light later this week. Glad to hear people like Robert and Seda are enjoying it.

Edit: And the reviews are out. Looks like Polygon is the odd one out at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom