• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Wait, how are they not just wearing those things normally? I mean Naruto had those when he was chasing down a cat early on.

ReiGun

It did something interesting with Clayface, I don't think it entirely worked but it was interesting.

I do give The Batman credit for really making use of Batgirl and Robin. The show became a lot better after they joined the cast. The JLA crossovers were fun too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
But the show was getting pretty great around that time. I don't know how they got away with airing some of that stuff though. Shippuden gets pretty violent.

Why do you think they dropped it?

We got that wifi

Really?

Really really.

Once again, I'd like to apologize to Toei for all the stuff I've said about modern One Piece's pacing. I had no idea it could be worse.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Give my that card, old man!"

"NO!"

"DAMN IT, FOILED AGAIN."

BcQQE9g.jpg

"Here it is, my vagina!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wireless radios? What level of technology is this world at?

They have everything except phones, cars, and computers, if I remember right. All other tech is fair game (even if it's technically more advanced than those).

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong, they have computers.

Great Naruto bridge is built for trucks using modern cranes, there's a laptop in one of the anime only episodes...
It's like some Samurai Champloo shit, only without the great characterization, compelling storyline, excellent animation, or bitchin' soundtrack.

Amikami

Banned
Looks like Titan will get the Dandy treatment when it comes to promos. On DeMarco's Ask FM:

That's pretty nice. Glad to see. I wonder if it will be like this for the 8:30/11:30 slot overall. I can see them holding this spot for their bigger animes when they can get them and giving them the special treatment.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"Without a specific time period, Kishimoto included modern elements in the series such as convenience stores and movies, but specifically excluded projectile weapons and vehicles from the storyline. Regarding technology itself, Kishimoto said that "Naruto" would not have any firearms. He said he may include automobiles, aircraft, and "low-processing" computers; Kishimoto specified the computers would "maybe" be eight-bit and that they would "definitely not" be sixteen-bit."

There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom