• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Batman Beyond is largely a successful approach to making a teen batman that could air Saturday morning and sell toys to boys 7-12.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, after next week, it's the space race episode (one of my favorites) and pretty much a solid remainder of the first season.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One of the funnier gags was the translator sounding like Google Translate/Babelfish, but that got kind of old.

so i finished GITS 25.

is this show not aware of how much the Tachikomas kill the mood? and i'm not sure i'm ok with how nonchalantly they're killing these government dudes.

Amikami

Banned
If you don't have haters you're doing something wrong. DeMarco needs to take that to heart, you can't please everyone. Take a break from twitter, people are idiots.

Basically yes. It can be hard, but the stronger medicine is ignoring the haters, and I mean ignoring those with no substantial argument and just want to complain because things don't go their way, and go on with your life. Some people are not within reason. He needs to take a break if he can't handle it and cool down. We all get frustrated.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yep. DC Nation was a great idea that CN seemed insistent on shitting upon :(

American Action animation is in a dark place currently :(

To think all they have to do to fix it is give Genndy money and creative freedom, and do the same for DC. Give me The Court of Owls DC, GIMME!

So I have no idea what's happened in Shippuden since it started airing. Gaara fought some dude on a paper bird and got trapped or something? Then an old lady showed up? Oh, and Itachi made an appearance.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so i finished GITS 25.

is this show not aware of how much the Tachikomas kill the mood? and i'm not sure i'm ok with how nonchalantly they're killing these government dudes.
Checking out a few chapters of the original manga, they fit much better there since it was nowhere near as serious as the anime, let alone the movie. They feel rather weird at times, especially the voices.

Jintor

When is Kill La Kill gonna get the Toonami treatment?

32135-headeed.jpg

the only way it'll air on baka american gaijin television

ReiGun

I don't know it's likely not the sole reason but it probably did hurt, that plus a having a certain quality to it. I mean Batman Beyond, my biggest complaint/criticism even while it's good *is* that the rogues gallery is weaker than OG batman's own. Brave and the Bold while it always dug deep and wide for it's content and references still like was entertaining and looked good . I mean I can't speak for beware the batman yet having only seen how it looks and nothing else, but I if it doesn't have the a good rogue's gallery and doesn't make the gallery it uses compelling I can understand it being a complaint. Mind you a show can be good and ultimately still not be popular or fail .

I can buy thinking it didn't use the rogues it had well, but some point to the mere fact that it went more obscure as the reason it failed. That's the mindset I have a problem with, since even the lesser known can be good characters in their own right.

I think "The Batman" shows that even the traditional Batman rogues can be squandered if the writing isn't there.

Seda

So I have no idea what's happened in Shippuden since it started airing. Gaara fought some dude on a paper bird and got trapped or something? Then an old lady showed up? Oh, and Itachi made an appearance.

Gaara died. Itachi and Kisame were just fakes, literally there to stall. Now both groups meet at the Akatsuki hideout.

Still a few episodes before this arc finall gets tolerable. Not great not even good, but tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom