• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Snake Way feels right out of the end of DB so that's not surprising.

The driving episode was the only filler I wish was canon. Along with Tao's return, since he was one of my favorite characters in Dragon Ball.

Same here. The rest isn't bad. Oh and despite not really liking it I wish Pikon was canon, he's a cool bro.

ncPyJ.jpg

You need to tell me what anime this is from, Schad. lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
3 > 2 >1 IMO.

There's also a 10 year anniversary version that features Goku/Bulma/Oolong/Yamcha/Puar battling the Red Ribbon Army. Has the best animation in the series.

Is that the one where Mr. Black is turned into a Native American for no reason?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It...kinda looks like GT with DBZ movie quality animation. Made my brain explode just putting those two together.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yo that Maron gif Imperial Bishop laid on this thread has me thirsty as hell.

No wait, that just means it's time to brush the teeth and go to bed. Good night, Toonami thread.

Yokowaves.gif.

Raxus

There are two new characters in the image I posted. :eek:

I noticed. Who are the characters to the top right? I know the yellow shirt guy from the yellow scarves. The pig tail girl is new along with the track suit girl and the blonde boob lady seem new to me. I need to watch again to remember if they show up.

MikeMyers

Krillin's at least the strongest human in the manga, even if the anime didn't give him any filler redemption like the other humans got.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ooh this is a good MM research post.

Where does Krillin's final power level put him against the various DBZ villians? Who could he time travel to and then whoop?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ooh this is a good MM research post.

Where does Krillin's final power level put him against the various DBZ villians? Who could he time travel to and then whoop?

Hmmmmm
Nappa?

This talk of Krillin has given me an idea for Death Battle.
We've had Vegeta vs Shadow the Hedgehog, and Goku vs Superman.
But what about... Krillin vs. Renji! Battle of the jobbers!

MikeMyers

Krillin can easily beat up to any Frieza form except the final one.

Piccolo with Nail fused could easily beat Second Form Freeza, while he couldn't see Final Form Freeza's attacks on Dende that base Vegeta could see.

Dr. Gero was stronger than any base Saiyan, remember they needed Super Saiyan to fight him and 19.

Tenshinhan could see Dr. Gero's laser beams and dodge them, meaning he should be stronger than Piccolo/Nail fusion quite a bit, while Krillin should be stronger than that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Krillin can easily beat up to any Frieza form except the final one.

Piccolo with Nail fused could easily beat Second Form Freeza, while he couldn't see Final Form Freeza's attacks on Dende that base Vegeta could see.

Dr. Gero was stronger than any base Saiyan, remember they needed Super Saiyan to fight him and 19.

Tenshinhan could see Dr. Gero's laser beams and dodge them, meaning he should be stronger than Piccolo/Nail fusion quite a bit, while Krillin should be stronger than that.

I always figured Krillin didn't pass Tien until the final arc of DBZ.

It does make Tien look like a total failure though, he trains at least as much as Krillin did and he ends up behind him.

MikeMyers

I always figured Krillin didn't pass Tien until the final arc of DBZ.

It does make Tien look like a total failure though, he trains at least as much as Krillin did and he ends up behind him.

To be fair, Krillin cheated.

He only got stronger when Guru unlocked his potential on Namek.

Raxus

Krillin's at least the strongest human in the manga, even if the anime didn't give him any filler redemption like the other humans got.

Hence a good goal to have. I love Krillin but all the humans apart for Tien (who is arguable) got shit on. At least Krillin got a smoking hot wife, in fact I hope DBZ Abridged has a Krillin owning everyone count of 1 when he
marries 18.

MikeMyers

Ten and Chaozu were pretty interesting when they debuted but once they switched sides they lost all personality; Toriyama should have kept to the original ideas of making them rivals for Yamcha and Krillin instead of making them just suicide all the time.

Wait isn't uub both technically human and canon?

Yeah but he's kind of like Kid Gohan; can only use hax when enraged. The manga ends before we see him do anything decent with his potential.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I noticed. Who are the characters to the top right? I know the yellow shirt guy from the yellow scarves. The pig tail girl is new along with the track suit girl and the blonde boob lady seem new to me. I need to watch again to remember if they show up.

Yellow shirt guy I believe is the thug that Izaya shaves early in the series:

6miCb4k.jpg

Pigtail and tracksuit girl were actually in the last episode of the series ("World at Peace.") They're
Izaya's younger sisters.

Guy in the upper right in drab clothing is Kasuka Heiwajima ("Yuhei Hanejima"), Shizuo's younger brother and star actor. I believe the girl behind him is Ruri Hijiribe, pop idol who made a brief appearance early in the series but has a fairly major role in season 2
(she's "dating" Kasuka.)
Do not look up any wiki info about her.

I actually don't know who the girl in front of Kasuka is, haven't finished reading the light novels and now I'm debating on whether I should or whether I'll just wait for the animation. I also don't know who the guy behind Masaomi is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
More like everyday is one of those days. :p

I disagree. This place is pretty laid back during the week until one of us posts something that gets the place rolling and then it becomes the wild west.

TOONAMI night should be very rocking until the fall though. AoT and more Dandy? More Black Lagoon? The next 15 episodes of One Piece? Shippuden finally doing something?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Going to push this to a new page as fast as possible before going to bed.

Been listening to FMA:B opening themes for no real reason.

4>1>3>2>>>>>>>5.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The few snippets I heard sounded like the usual high quality AAA tier Funimation that they save for the bigger shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom