• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Good things about SAO:

Good art
Great music
Decent animation
Great dub
Suguha gifs

Bad things about SAO:

Just about everything else.

Jintor

In the finale for arc one I love how they have the massive boss battle against the level 40 and they skip almost all of it

i mean sure they need to get to the heathcliff fight but still

oh yeah! and the santa boss fight in episode 3

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Vegeta runs into Zarbon while Piccolo and the Job Squad arrive at King Kai's planet in the afterlife for training, Lady Satsuki battles Takarada while Nudist Beach and Ryuko enter the fray, the Bullet of Bullets tournament finally begins for real and Kirito recruits Sinon for his Death Gun hunt, Magatsuhi's defeat unlocks Kagome's full powers which means it's time for Naraku to troll like he's never trolled before, Sora fights to protect the village after all while everyone else's battles rage all over the village, as Spandam steps toward victory and glory across the Bridge of Hesitation with Robin in tow a hero appears, and Armin tries to take advantage of the Rogue Titan.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 23 - Vegeta's Covert Maneuvers! A Tragic Assault on the Namekians!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 24 - Friends Reborn! Zarbon's Hideous Transformation!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 15 - Don't Stop Me Now
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 8 - Bullet of Bullets
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 23 - Naraku: The Trap of Light
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 67 - Everyone's Struggle to the Death
2:30 - One Piece - 301 - Spandam Frightened! The Hero on the Tower of Law!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 8 - I Can Hear His Heartbeat: The Struggle for Trost, Part 4

ckohler

WniO0az.png

HlUAnFQ.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzTXMKO8Z8Cskur

Nostalgic Inspirations for tonight's additions: LAZER GRID FLOORS! From FC3: Blood Dragon to Transformers openings, and every type of show in between, the simple 3D wireframe floors were a popular effect. I can't lie; we might have much better 3D graphics now, but I'll always think there's something cool about them.

Soulflarz

Banned

I can see his viewpoint when on specific points I just can't understand why it's a common viewpoint. I like to think of it as a show some people enjoy but can't defend other than "it's a good show", because they're unsure why they like it.

Also, a lot of people loved the first half of SAO.

Edit:
Some people trapped in the game are hardcore gamers while others -casual players or young children- don't have the experience or skills to be risking their lives in the still unbeaten dungeons.

Bullshit, 10,000 copies were sold and they were all sold out at midnight, no one was going to buy this game who wouldn't risk their life to experience the best MMO ever.

Articalys

$160 actual retail

for 12.5 episodes (second volume has a half-length bonus episode covering the
accomplice ending
from the Golden game), two soundtrack CDs totaling about 65 minutes, two 24-page guidebooks, and postcards

sub only (this one's a fair complaint)

And in comparison to what ckohler said about KLK, the first 14 episodes of that cost a combined $180 and came with 2 CDs, postcards, and posters, but no booklets, but to be fair they were BD/DVD combo packs with a dub

I really try not to get involved in people complaining about the current high-end prices in the U.S. anime market, and they do come with sticker shock for a lot of people, but I just want to make sure there's a fair representation of how much you're paying and what you're actually paying for.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
$160 actual retail

for 13 episodes (second volume has one bonus episode), two soundtrack CDs totaling about 65 minutes, two 24-page guidebooks, and postcards

sub only (this one's a fair complaint, I suppose)

And in comparison to what ckohler said about KLK, the first 14 episodes of that cost a combined $180 and came with 2 CDs, postcards, and posters, but no booklets, but to be fair they were BD/DVD combo packs with a dub

I really try not to get involved in people complaining about the current high-end prices in the U.S. anime market, and they do come with sticker shock for a lot of people, but I just want to make sure there's a fair representation of how much you're paying and what you're actually paying for.
The thing is, if they did this as a "Limited Edition", then that's fine. But having it be the ONLY option, without any cheaper way of getting JUST the show itself (well sometimes they finally do like Gurren Lagann, but it's still not all that cheap compared to Funimation & such), is the main issue.

Soulflarz

Banned
Oh my God why did BatDan link that Kotaku article

This is sin.

Thus the plot explores a love story in Sword Art's unique setting and brings definition to exactly what love is like in a virtual world.

When did SAO bring definition to love in a virtual world beyond the no duh aspects?

Why.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good to Family Guy remains as vile as ever, the universe keeps spinning, time for Toonami.

Years ago McFarlane said he didn't want Family Guy to go on and on and become a zombie like The Simpsons.
Too late.
And when Family Guy eventually ends, The Simpsons will still be going

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wanted to have the house to myself, but oh well, still home & able to watch Toonami.

TOONAMI KICKS ASS, RIGHT GUYS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom