• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

wtzgU.gif

Raxus

Man, as much as people hate this series I am looking forward to S2 of this because the arc after the female Titan is really good.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Why do they keep showing those three together.

rewatching this show so many times in a row is totally spoiling me, isn't it?

Raxus

Oh right. That's what it was. What was up with the AoT production schedule?

Wish I knew. After watching Shirobako I wonder what went so wrong in the production schedule to lead to still frames and the purple bricks fiasco. Wonder if someone in animeGAF has some insight about what happened.

Crocodile

Wish I knew. After watching Shirobako I wonder what went so wrong in the production schedule to lead to still frames and the purple bricks fiasco. Wonder if someone in animeGAF has some insight about what happened.

Studio Wit was a newly established offshot of I believe Production IG. Attack on Titan was their first anime as a company and they had only just been established. I heard rumors that they had barely moved into their offices and finished unpacking before they had to start working on Titan. Seems like the people who paid for the manga to be adapted into an anime wanted it to air in Spring 2013 (or was it 2012?), NO MATTER WHAT. Hence SCRAMBLE, SCRAMBLE, SCRAMBLE.

Seda

That's probably one of the better episodes of this series.

And then things drag, the boring boulder mission, and Eren's back.

Raxus

Night ToonamiGAF. Don't lose your way next week! I will stay up and don't want to post solo :(

EDIT: Good stuff SAB, that last pic...that's a penis.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Night ToonamiGAF. Don't lose your way next week! I will stay up and don't want to post solo :(

EDIT: Good stuff SAB, that last pic...that's a penis.

WITH BLOOD ON IT! Wait... ew? That makes the dude in Naruto's death even more disturbing.

you can totally see Kirito's manly bulge

"In your pocket, that bulge..."
"Stay out of my pockets!"
"Harry, that feels like a GUN!"
(get the game reference, win NOTHING!)

TOONAMI PENI-.... Naaa, I can't even type it.

LOLDSFAN

I don't know if the title change was obvious and already planned out, or if it was from my suggestion, but I'll take it as a win either way. :>

Line_HTX

And finals are done! Congrats to those that graduated. Though I screwed up somewhere down the line, I will try and get to that one day where I know I finished
and hopefully listen to a 45 minute commencement speech by Matthew McConaughey.
. Until then, I have to get it together... Alright. Alright alright....

OSAKA
"YOU'RE JUST TOO HOT TO SUCK. I NEED YOUR BLOOD NOW~"
AWW SNAP!! SATSUKI UP IN DA HIZZIE!! Lady Satsuki is so hot, it's like DAYYUM GURL!
FOO, all this money is all 'bout the Takarada West side and you Kiryuin suckas in the East side.
The power of money motivation.
FEAR RULES PEOPLE!
Mah worth is about to blow the roof off dis BEEYOTCH!
Anti-Honnouji Mobile Suit LOL.
You GOTS to git yo ass a bigger gun. Anything goes if ya wants to be a baller, shot caller.
DIE, BITCHES! YAY-YAH!
Blade Regalia Mk. III?
I'm telling you guys, Nonon is without question as witty as Lisbeth.
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

AWW, HELLZ NAW!!
Baked crab guts is tha SHIZZNIT~~~
Dayum, that hurts a ton... O_O

NO MOBAs on TV please, especially none on a real sports channel. Complete bore and totally UN-hype as a spectator.

Try and take it if you can.
HUNTING RABBITS. SATSUKI JIGGLE.
EXTRACTION ONLY! NO COMBAT!! YOLO~
We are... the upgraded FOUR GENERALS!!
We are back together working as one.
Satsuki A$$.
FALCON KICK!
Objective accomplished. Next time we meet will be the last! [Final boss threatening as it flies away]

Line_HTX

Get paid in six figures at top ranks.
Nighttime in GGO complete with dark city skyline, the fog, and all the lights.
Wow, there was a Namco logo in one of the monitors. There needs to be a US version of SAO Lost Song with dual audio. =D
Main event in 65 minutes.
Those Kirito-chan bangs.
Sinon totally acting tsundere there.
This is like some giant MLG e-Sports party. The only thing missing is the obnoxious shit-step.
Hot berserker with a blade?
Sinon's more my type, brother.
A.L.O. IS FOR FAIRIES AND CASUALS, ya SCRUBLORDS.
Oh no, is this that scene? GODDAMNIT IT IS.
Hope y'all root for me~ <3 <3 ;)
IIRC there was a video of a Q&A panel a while back where Bryce was speculating about how he would do the whole Kirito-chan thing. This was before the original air date and it wasn't confirmed yet to be localized. There was only the official promotional poster to go off of at the time.
30 player free for all on a giant map, huh. Last man standing.
OUR UAV IS ONLINE.
Uhh, yeah I guess.
Sterben???
Prepare to psych yourself up for fighting. TOURNAMENT NERVES.
Oh hey, it's that elevator shot like in the EVA movies.
GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE
Live and unscensored, just like Twitch chat... SMOrc TASTE MY SKILL SMOrc
Start of the main event with a giant light show and all the fireworks going off.

Living well is the best revenge. Tom is the best anti-bullying robot.

This is like Advanced Warfare World Championships or something.
I've lost count on the number of ass shots and shots where the hot pants was so low it was showing the top half... evoDeKappa
Of course you care. You care enough to go tsundere and fall for his powerful manly aura.
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

That acrobatic dude must be using OMNI-DIRECTIONAL MANEUVERING gear. DOH-HOHOHOHO~
X_X Dead.
There are only sounds of the river.
Okay, this is really fucking stupid. I'm talking REALLY PUSHING THE LIMITS OF MY SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF. UNEQUIP EVERYTHING JUST TO GO UNDETECTED UNDERWATER? My face hurts from all the fucking cringe.
Silent assassin. Super high end sniper with a silencer.
Kirito panicking? Why you losing your cool, brah?
I don't know... that felt like a bad cutoff for some cliffhanger, if that's what it was supposed to be.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone.
So begins the two week wait. I mean sure we get Kai... but that's not enough.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Vegeta moves up Freeza's ladder to take on his right hand man Zarbon. Of course, he didn't get there by his basic form alone. Hello ugly monster form! Vegeta gets his first wreckage on Namek. Grand Elder soon I hope.

Kill la Kill:
Osaka is burning. Anymore fighting and the city would be a desert out of Mad Max Fury Road.
Takarada (I finally learned his name) gets defeated in a way that wouldn't look out of place in an original Adult Swim show.
Ryuko and Senketsu are back! But Satsuki remains standing.

SAO II:
Bullet of Bullets is still a stupid fucking name.
As is the name Death Gun registered under. You should have picked something that wasn't suspicious, like LeetHaxxor420Swag. Kawahara must think he's so clever when he thought of that... it's like creepypasta writers that discovered "Louis Cypher".

Inuyasha: The Final Act:
This is one rather boring final dungeon.
Just because Kagome gets her powers back, doesn't mean Naraku will stop his trolling. The ride never ends.

LIVING ON A LIGHTED STAGE APPROACHING THE UNREAL. FOR THOSE THAT THINK AND FEEL. IN TOUCH WITH SOME REALITY BEYOND THE GILDED CAGE

One Piece:
Robin is free! Thus begins Spandam's train of punishment. Oh, you think slapping is all that will happen? Oh ho ho ho.
Also, Sogeking too OP, plz nerf.
But yeah... this is where the show's pacing really starts to take a hit. Even though the next arc is filler, Toei did their absolute hardest to avoid catching up to the manga without resorting to massive filler. This meant pacing had to die. Still... better than Shippuden at least.

I didn't realize how tired I was last night, ended up sleeping for 10.5 hours and missing Toonami :( will catch up later today

I was wondering where you were. At least you have two weeks to catch up.

So far only had a chance to watch InuYasha Final Act (was highest priority due to having never seen it and being most invested in it), yesterday's episode was really good. Naraku trolling Sango and Miroku was great though I was a bit disappointed with how things played out for Miroku (with InuYasha/Kagome having to save him) though I really liked how Sango's scene played out. Looks like the next episode is the beginning of the final boss should be very exciting for all the flak we've given FA (and rightfully so) I'm happy it happened to give us this finale.

Priority list to catch up is Shippuden (yeah I know... but it's the only one I've never seen before technically) -> DBZ Kai (as it'll actually air this Saturday) -> SAO II (never seen dub before, only seen show once) -> One Piece (never seen dub before) -> Kill La Kill (because it's reairing next weekend in the marathon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom