• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

I try but I am astonished at your recaps every night about highlights from every show.
I think I'm one of the few posters in NeoGAF in general that sometimes makes multi-quoted posts.

I swear that there were a few camera angle shots where Imperator Furiosa looked like Kenshiro's original manga costume.

Would watch again, and the sequels.

They should have the cheesy music from Fist of the North Star.
Now someone is gonna' put Theron's face on north star memes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 106:

Right, so given all of the screen time the first couple of yuri has been getting all season it was only a matter of time before they got a focus episode of their own. Well, technically speaking the focus is on Hakura and how she became not only a Sailor Guardian but also how she hooked up with Michiru. Indeed as I recall correctly we never see exactly how Michiru awakens but if I had to guess it relates to her psychic powers and visions. This is all intertwined with the present as the victim of the week is athlete who probably has more then a few retraining orders on her given her actions. Anyway, this is an episode that was absolutely needed as it gives greater insight into the personalities of our favorite couple here and also if you look carefully you can see ideas and atheistic values for Revolutionary Girl Utena being birthed right here. It is nice to know that no matter how icy their hearts are and how steel the resolve for the cause is, the passion and the fire for one another burns brightest. Now if only the would take a larger approach maybe they would not be in opposition to the Inners. Anyway, top notch episode and highest recommendation to watch.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 107:

Well, given that Chibi-Usa has been out of focus for the past few episodes another focus episode was unfortunately in the cards, though it is not as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, this episode is actually from the manga, well, adapted from the manga and given a makeover to make it fit in line with this continuity. Still thee are many details that I remember and far more made it then I would have expected. Anyway, watching Chibi-Usa find love again for the first time again was surprisingly tolerable while her interplay with Usagi was predictably awful. Also, nice to see Michiru take the lead this episode, that is at best an uncommonality. I shall go with a mild recommendation to watch.

That's some revisionist history there

It did fine ratings wise both earlier in the night and later in the night, it just did better later due to getting the wake up early CN crowd.

It was pulled in the middle of s3 do to losing the rights, and I don't recall the community as a collective warming up to it, was pretty split between people who liked it enough and people who were indifferent

Jintor

Everyone look at this gif i made

tumblr_nohwe7dE3t1rnx5rho1_250.gif

man animating is hard

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Splatoonami is closer to becoming reality.

Also WHO WANTS TO BUY THE CHANCE TO WIN THE OPTION TO SPEND $14,000 ON LIFE-SIZED ATTACK ON TITAN STATUES/1?!

1257490975210499880.jpg

Yes, you have to enter a LOTTERY at 7-11 in Japan before you get the option to spend $14,000 on those, similar to the Eva statues.

daveo42

Banned
Everyone look at this gif i made

tumblr_nohwe7dE3t1rnx5rho1_250.gif

man animating is hard

Still better than anything I could ever do. Looks really good.

Also WHO WANTS TO BUY THE CHANCE TO WIN THE OPTION TO SPEND $14,000 ON LIFE-SIZED ATTACK ON TITAN STATUES/1?!

1257490975210499880.jpg

Yes, you have to enter a LOTTERY at 7-11 in Japan before you get the option to spend $14,000 on those, similar to the Eva statues.

Levi would probably be worth it. Eren isn't even worth the cost of the lottery ticket.

Jarate

Banned
Im so conflicted over whether to get Splatoon or not

It'sx coming out right when I start school, and it also has the issue of coming out right before Heavensward

But I am a kid now

I AM A SQUID NOW

1257490975210499880.jpg

Time to waste my life savings on a Levi statue.

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member

1257490975210499880.jpg

I don't recognize that character all the way on the right; is she from the manga?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
SHE WAS FROM THE BASEMENT/CELLAR/WHATEVER ALL THIS TIME!!!!

Nah, she's to show the scale of the statues

1257490975210499880.jpg

Was hoping this would be a life size colossal titan

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
>Backdoors not going to June
>Kai and One Piece are still blank.

So, if something does end up happening, what do you guys think it will be?

Nothing will happen, these things happen from time to time. Both are going to stick around, Kai is doing great numbers and One Piece is doing well in it's demo.

If we're gonna make crazy predictions then I say we're gonna see Kai go to 11:30 and OP will take it's slot at 12.

Sounds like a fun Saturday night.

It's not what I'm into but I don't judge.

>Backdoors not going to June
>Kai and One Piece are still blank.

So, if something does end up happening, what do you guys think it will be?

One Piece is leaving the block
Kai taking One Piece spot
JoJo taking Kai's spot
InuYasha Final Act being replaced by Sailor Moon Crystal

/crazyprediction

Realistically probably nothing, if they were seriously planning to pull OP or DBZ Kai they'd have announced it already. If they were losing the rights or AS had an out of nowhere "gotta pull those two for reasons" it'd probably wouldn't show up on back door it'd probably just be announced and programming guides would be off for a week like what happened in January.

Maybe they're going to be rerunning DBZ Kai or OP for some reason and their not sure how far back they're sliding the two

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dragon Ball Super at 11 p.m.
Dragon Ball Z Kai at 11:30 p.m.
Sailor Moon at Midnight
Jojo at 12:30 a.m.

#ToonamiIsSaved

BBboy20

IqfYgYN.jpg

A reminder that I randomly stumbled into the voice of the protag of the Witcher (and people from Warner Brothers & CD Projeckt) during SDCC....when I barely knew much about the Witcher.

Won't play 3 until I can get a new GFX card when benchmarks are released cuz this card can't play DirectX 11.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& it'll actually be a FF7: Dirge of Cerberus HD Remaster, mwahahahahahhahaha.

Bought it for like $2 at a flea market, still need to play it

Raxus

I am getting the Witcher 3 eventually. I never cleared the Witcher 1 or 2.

I am on chapter 2 on the Witcher. I am not liking it so far in large part to the shitty UI.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should've been Witch3r because naming scheme. Then Witc4er.

Also I don't care about the Witcher series. MORE LIKE THE
D
ITCHER.

Grexeno

Don't see The Witcher 3 in my future. I need to find a job and I have plenty of Bloodborne still to play, with Arkham Knight in June

Jintor

i can't actually animate. i just drew a lot of pictures and made them show one after another very fast

i kind of wanted witcher, but i'm gonna be playing a shittonne of splatoon in like two weeks and I already burned full price on GTAV PC only to find it was kind of meh, so

Nothing will ever be better than the FF7 troll by SE. That was too perfect, I can't think of anything that would make GAF explode like that did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom