• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Sinon-slap.gif

Please get a better picture Sinon from the PS3 version of Lost Song :p

This jobber MC got nothing against Queen Satsuki.

If nothing else, at least this whole raid arc does make it more interesting than the boring fights that were back at Honnouji.

ckohler

ckohler, I know they can't hear Senketsu talk, but they must see him moving, right? What's the deal?

Mako and her family didn't believe he was alive at first but Mako realized it after episode 4. Since then, everyone knows.

There's a scene in a future episode
with the other Mankanshoku's interacting with him directly

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
She should've killed her here. It would've demoralized her troops really badly and they would have likely survived.

Line_HTX

Gamagoori and Mako's interactions are pretty neat.

This is the halfway point of the show, I assume? There will be a new day next time?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 25 - Power Up, Krillin! Frieza's Mounting Apprehension!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 26 - The Scheme Is Shattered! Vegeta Strikes Back at Zarbon!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 16 - The Girl Can't Help It
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 9 - Death Gun
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 24 - Naraku's Uncertain Wish
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 68 - Moment of Awakening
2:30 - One Piece - 302 - Robin Freed! Luffy vs. Lucci, Showdown Between Leaders!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 9 - Whereabouts of His Left Arm: The Struggle for Trost, Part 5

Later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's only 23 episodes?

Wait, it's already been 15 episodes?!
I miscounted, I meant 9 episodes left. There's 24 episodes + an OVA epilogue/"true" ending, but I don't know if we'll get that since it's about 27 minutes long...though MAYBE they could cut the OP out.

ckohler

See ya next week, ToonamiGAF.

Also Schadenfreude, in addition to the Senketsu being alive question:

In this episode Satsuki says, "A symbiotic relationship between humans a life fibers? That is a fairy tale." It may seem strange for her to say this because she herself fights using Junketsu but keep in mind that while Satsuki knows both kamui's are alive she performs "Life Fiber Override" with Junketsu. This means she is basically using her powerful will to command Junketsu instead of cooperating with it like Ryuko does with Senketsu who uses "Life Fiber Synchronization."

This is why Satsuki doesn't believe that Ryuko and Senketsu are a team. Satsuki thinks Ryuko is just controlling her kamui like she does with Junketsu.

In this episode Satsuki says, "A symbiotic relationship between humans a life fibers? That's a fairy tale." It may seem strange for her to say this because she herself fights using Junketsu but keep in mind that while Satsuki knows both kamui's are alive she performs "Life Fiber Override" with Junketsu. This means she is basically using her powerful will to command Junketsu instead of cooperating with it like Ryuko does with Senketsu who uses "Life Fiber Synchronization."

This is why Satsuki doesn't believe that Ryuko and Senketsu are a team. Satsuki thinks Ryuko is just controlling her kamui like she does with Junketsu.

Would that explain why Junketsu doesn't talk and/or Satsuki doesn't hear him/it?

In this episode Satsuki says, "A symbiotic relationship between humans a life fibers? That is a fairy tale." It may seem strange for her to say this because she herself fights using Junketsu but keep in mind that while Satsuki knows both kamui's are alive she performs "Life Fiber Override" with Junketsu. This means she is basically using her powerful will to command Junketsu instead of cooperating with it like Ryuko does with Senketsu who uses "Life Fiber Synchronization."

Hrm. I see.

3LCzFno.gif

Line_HTX

Well, now that we've come to this point, so far I... ... like the show. I am looking forward to the last half. I liked more things here now that I legitimately watched it for my own experiences. I know I said in the past that I hated this show simply because there was too much overhype that I still feel is completely undeserved. I felt that people at large took away all the attention away from other shows like Space Dandy for example and just put this show on an absolute pedastal like it was the greatest thing ever in the pantheon of time. In the back of my mind I'm still angry that people said that in general this show is super hype when it's only cool at best. The dumb explanations and stupid logic of the show aside, I like the characters. It also helps that the dub is insanely spectacular. I think that the dub performance made me appreciate the interactions between the characters more than I would if I saw it subbed last year. Pretty much the only reason I'm still watching is because a few of these characters carry the show. Mako, Gamagoori, Nonon, and hell that damn teacher are pretty baller.

Long live our S queen, Lady Satsuki~

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 25 - Power Up, Krillin! Frieza's Mounting Apprehension!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 26 - The Scheme Is Shattered! Vegeta Strikes Back at Zarbon!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 16 - The Girl Can't Help It
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 9 - Death Gun
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 24 - Naraku's Uncertain Wish
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 68 - Moment of Awakening
2:30 - One Piece - 302 - Robin Freed! Luffy vs. Lucci, Showdown Between Leaders!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 9 - Whereabouts of His Left Arm: The Struggle for Trost, Part 5

Later.
OH GOD.

It's THAT moment.....of THAT episode.....at THAT time......on THAT channel........which we'll discuss on THAT thread.............on THAT forum.........

Nah, not saying, just jokin' about hype

OR MAYBE I'M LYING & NOTHING ACTUALLY HAPPENS HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEEH

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Feels weird to get a good nights sleep on a Saturday. But marathons of stuff you've seen will do that to you.

DBZ Kai:
And thus we meet Guru (and Nail), get a Dragon Ball, and foreshadow one of the best parts of this arc. I really hope they keep their new theme music.
Speaking of music, I watched a certain scene from DBZ Kai Buu Saga, and noticed that the music was all new. So yeah, if Toonami gets to Buu, we'll be hearing all new music. Hopefully it wasn't plagiarized.

I heard what happens in next week's Kill la Kill. It will be interesting to see what they can and can't show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom