• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Glad to see my pushing for MHA hasn't gone unheard. I really look forward to the major arc they have been teasing forever now. I wanted to wait for that to end (and likely the announcement of the inevitable anime) before hyping it up even further.

Speaking of anime, SnS just got to the point it gets REALLY good. It's all gravy from here on out.

I miss the previous OT title, hopefully after MoMo con we can unleash all the JoJo titles we have been sitting on.

Jintor

the only thing i'm sad about mha is that i'm going to run out of chapters to read in a day or so probably and then i'll be sad again

i hate reading chapter by chapter, it's the worst way to read anything.

Raxus

the only thing i'm sad about mha is that i'm going to run out of chapters to read in a day or so probably and then i'll be sad again

i hate reading chapter by chapter, it's the worst way to read anything.

You may want to hold off for a bit then because we are about to hit a point where the wait for chapters is going to become painful with a big revelation that occurred the chapter before.

Jintor

eh i'll just go do something else for half a year.

i mainly need to find a way to remind myself 'oh yeah I was reading this' without getting a notification every time a new chapter turns up

Raxus

eh i'll just go do something else for half a year.

i mainly need to find a way to remind myself 'oh yeah I was reading this' without getting a notification every time a new chapter turns up

With a arc just ending this sounds like a good plan. Keep me up to date on your reactions! I live for that shit.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4n7o58d00vi88k4coo8kgg8ck_640.gif

Yo what anime is this?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 108:

Well then, it has been awhile since we had a group focused episode and this certainly was one, beyond that not much else as this just reeked of being one of those light before the darkness episodes. Well, we do see Usagi get drunk again, which is just not a thing that happens in anime anymore. Also, Hakura is apparently the most desirable human being in this universe given how entire rooms of people of both genders want to dance with her. All and all an inoffensive episode but not one that was all that worth watching, mild recommendation to avoid.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 109:

I for one am quite frankly shocked that everybody turn out to be the other everybody that looked and talked and acted like the other self. Yea, Sailor Moon has really always handled the secret identity thing really terribly, which is why they got that bit out of the way at the beginning of a given arc.In the 1990s anime, we are just flat out never given a reason why the simple deductions were never made. Basically this made for less of a whole bunch of shocking moments and more, yea, you all should have pieced this knowledge ages ago on all sides of the equation. Anyway, speaking of continuity, they actually remembered that Minkao had up to this point never been attacked over her pure heart and that is eating at her. Basically we get a lot of comedy involving her search to find pure heartiness, including giving blood and somehow drinking about 50 5-hour energy vials. Basically this is the catalyst for next week's episode, which is promising to be the world shaking episode that will alter the game yet again. Mild recommendation to watch.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's Pretty Cure. A multi-billion Yen franchise empire that serves as the little girl answer to Super Sentai and Kamen Rider (only it's animated).
Since Toei makes loadsamoney from Precure, they put more effort into it.

I get the feeling the lack of trying for One Piece is that most of the money comes from manga sales, which goes to Oda and Shueisha, not Toei. You'd think all the merch would have them try harder but apparently not.

As for World Trigger... let's be honest, that was never going to be big.
Still, scenes like the webm linked show Toei just stopped caring, and it's going to hurt Dragon Ball Super so hard come July.
Also, July is way too early. It was just announced.

Puruzi

Banned
Shokugeki No Soma over does it with the foodgasms and the fan service.
There should be more fanservice tbh. Luckily for you though, they tone them down a whole lot later on.

That's Pretty Cure. A multi-billion Yen franchise empire that serves as the little girl answer to Super Sentai and Kamen Rider (only it's animated).
You would think so, but the precure before this one had incredibly shitty animation with a whole lotta art errors too. It was the 10th anniversary series.

It front loads with the foodgasms and fan service, and while they never go away the series does largely become a serious shonen.

I get the feeling the lack of trying for One Piece is that most of the money comes from manga sales, which goes to Oda and Shueisha, not Toei. You'd think all the merch would have them try harder but apparently not.

Still, scenes like the webm linked show Toei just stopped caring, and it's going to hurt Dragon Ball Super so hard come July.

World Trigger is a solid b tier series like Shaman King or Medaka Box. The anime looking like ass does no one any favors sadly

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Like some of us have said, it goes for less fanservice & more silly/goofy as the series goes on. It's just that the anime starts waaaaay back at the beginning when the manga is almost at 120 chapters, so things are in that "early days" phase.

..........also if it matters, i kind of goes for equality. & what Bass said as well.

Line_HTX

(Sees title)

Wow, has it really been three years? Man... When did they come back? Early June, right?

Now I wish I started posting when Space Dandy was airing.

OG Naruto (Canon) is easily better than DBZ.

Also I can only assume KLK was disqualified for not having aired in its entirety yet on Toonami.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I haven't seen all of dbz so I can't really say if this list is wrong on anything. The kai run is my first time watching it.
Same here. But I kind of find it a bit unfair to judge such a long series with shows like Hellsing Ultimate which only have a fraction of episodes. The pacing is going to be completely different, which is part of the reason why I stick with shorter running shows.

.........though I kind of find it funny Sailor Moon wasn't mentioned.

........& it's Dragon Ball Super, not Super Dragon Ball. It's not a SNES game.

Raxus

OG Naruto and AoT better then DBZ?

LOL nope

OG Naruto is pretty fantastic if you ignore the filler hell at the end
or a ManGod.

DBZ, despite its faults is still legendary and nothing will every take that status away from it. It is up there with Berserk, JoJo and Fist of the Northstar as shows that influence anime and other mediums to this day.

Hell Bloodborne is rife with Berserk references.

Cwarrior

Jesus CHRIST

1.contrary to neogaf propaganda not everything is about budget, the reason why that gif looks good is due to Who is behind that animation, the key animator behind that gif is shingo fujii currently working on go precure as key animator who was prevously working on one piece.

Toei does not put more money, effort or talent in precure, would they do is rotate there talent between the shows they produce each season, it's more a game of musical chairs one week toei poster boy animator naotoshi shida would work on precure then one piece then world trigger then back to precure it's just that there more anime to spread there talents too nowadays.

2. Love how you guys judge an entire anime based on a few seconds of a webm that's selectively chose only the worst aspect of an episode instead of just watching the entire episode, you guys are going to sorely disappointed if you watch any of latest episode of world trigger that the show isn't bad at all in fact it's best anime airing at the momment.

I challenge you guys to actually just jump in and watch any of the latest world trigger episodes.

DBZ has historical value and influence on the medium going for it, it's just that most of what was influenced by it does what DBZ does better.

Canon original Naruto has more interesting abilities, better strategy, better pacing, characters with more depth (all IMO of course).

Raxus

I challenge you guys to actually just jump in and watch any of the latest world trigger episodes.

I'll be fair and try and give it a fair shake but this is one of several examples of really bad animation in World Trigger which (going by the manga) deserved a lot better.

OG Naruto is overrated as fuck.

Agreed, I like OG Naruto but it's not a masterpiece of anime, even if you cut all the filler out (which if we're talking simply about the original anime we shouldn't) the series still has major issues including a main cast of characters who you want to strangle 90% of the time.

Several arcs in Shippuden are better than anything in original Naruto.

Woah woah woah, I'll give you the upcoming arc, and maybe the Pain arc, but several? Outside of the two above mentioned nothing in part 2 is anywhere near as good as the worst parts of Naruto Part 1

OG Naruto is pretty fantastic if you ignore the filler hell at the end

You really can't ignore the filler when talking about the OG Naruto anime, yeah it's largely back loaded but it's a 220 episode series where over 1/3 of the episodes are largely terrible filler. Original DBZ has it's share of terrible filler and pacing issues but if we're going to ignore Naruto filler we have to ignore DBZ filler as well.

Edit: Also I have watched the first 10 or so episodes of the World Trigger anime, mediocre animation aside it's a fairly good adaptation of the manga which shares a similar problem IE it takes awhile for the series to really find it's footing and get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom