• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
tumblr_nnisvl6XpO1s6mjtoo1_1280.jpg

Attack on Titan doesn't belong anywhere in the same zip code as Sword Art Online

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
......*removes battery from smartphone, screen doesn't change*.........oh god, I just bricked it, didn't I......

......OH, DUH, I had it plugged in still. No wonder it was still on.

bigkrev

I'll be the wet blanket... I didn't really like Age of Ultron. Nowhere near the level of GOTG or Winter Solider. Just a series of stuff happening (all well choreographed) with no real context or emotional investment. Ultron is a terrible villain, with motives that don't really have any explanation.

Raxus

Damn. If I had posted a few more times, I could have easily topped Raxus and BatDan.

I am shocked I ranked so high. You usually crush us.
I'll be the wet blanket... I didn't really like Age of Ultron. Nowhere near the level of GOTG or Winter Solider. Just a series of stuff happening (all well choreographed) with no real context or emotional investment. Ultron is a terrible villain, with motives that don't really have any explanation.
It was bound to happen when the Avengers became so bloated. They really needed to edit some characters out and have more of a rotating cast from scene to scene. Thor felt like he only showed up when he needed to be in an action scene more than anything else (though he gets some great lines). It isn't as good as Marvel's best efforts but it was still worth the ticket price. I just hope Infinity War learns from AoU's mistakes and leaves Hawkeye AVENGERS 2 SPOILER!
on the farm
until part 2. I also wish Renner was really smarmy as Hawkeye like the recent comics and Avengers: EMH played him. I could get into the movie more since there is lots of stuff I like about it but this would just become a black bar wasteland.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG, chapter 116.5 of Shokugeki no Soma has guest characters from other Shonen Jump manga in the art style of SoS, like Toonami female
Nami from One Piece
. What makes it hilarious is how self-aware everyone is, with lines like
"We can't get swallowed up in a raunchy perverted manga which uses food as a pretext to strip girls!"

Raxus

I started reading SnS as well and after the first few chapters it gets REALLY good. I can start to see the appeal but man, the first few chapters are rough.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I started reading SnS as well and after the first few chapters it gets REALLY good. I can start to see the appeal but man, the first few chapters are rough.
It's like what I've said in the SnS anime OT (& I think here), but like most anime/manga, the first few chapters/episodes aren't always the best representation since things can change much later on (Medaka Box is the perfect example, as it pretty much changed genres completely) & it may take some time for the author to find their "groove".

I mean, imagine if I was like "MAN, these first few episodes/chapters of One Piece aren't that good, I don't think I'm gonna bother reading more. Doubt it'll get any better." You would have people being all "NOOOOOOOOOOO KEEP READING!! IT GETS SO MUCH BETTER!!!"

Grexeno

Oh thank GOD. I barely got enough on my third Physical Chem exam to avoid having to take the final to pass the class.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got Japanese 101 final on Monday (doing my homework of writing 15 sentences in Japanese right now), then Thursday, "Writing for Mass Media", & for some reason, my Tues/Thursday 10 a.m. class of "Survey of Mass Media" final is at......Friday at 8 a.m. (thank goodness I'm already up to take my sis to school).

Then I plan on taking Calculus during the summer.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto was added to Netflix today. Covers the entire canon series and even part of the Non-Canon™ filler hell (up to the Curry of Life Saga)

Jarate

Banned
Jokes on you guys I don't have to take finals!

because of the random disease I got I now have to take 3 summer courses!

bigkrev

We had an inaguration for our new College president today, which was pretty fun. I got to break out my cap and gown for the first time since I graduated, and there was an awesome lunch reception afterwards with a full open bar, Philly Cheeseteaks, Soft Pretzels, and Tastycakes.

Crocodile

1. Yooka-Laylee looks and sounds like sex. Glad to see its doing well
  2. Raxus, did you really have to bring that Avengers spoiler in here? I didn't highlight the spoiler box but given how your sentence is constructed, there is only like 3-4 things that could possibly in that spoiler box and now I'm going to be thinking about that all movie. Unless it was something already revealed in the trailer? (but none of the advertising material has made me think of
    Hawkeye
    is any particular way before)
  3. Speaking of Avengers, is Scarlet Witch being played by the third Olsen sister nobody ever talks about?

1. Raxus, did you really have to bring that Avengers spoiler in here? I didn't highlight the spoiler box but given how your sentence is constructed, there is only like 3-4 things that could possibly in that spoiler box and now I'm going to be thinking about that all movie. Unless it was something already revealed in the trailer? (but none of the advertising material has made me think of
    Hawkeye
    is any particular way before)

Trust me, what he spoiled isn't actually important.

bigkrev

Oh, for AoU, what's the rule for spoilers regarding
Thanos being in it? People were getting angry about it in GOTG

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Was it mentioned or teased beforehand via trailers, news, etc.?

Yes? Then it's fair game.

No? Better be safe & put it in spoiler tags, considering it might get people's expectations up, resulting in their judgement of something to differ.

Since I dunno if I can link it here, I'll just inform you guys about it.

If you missed any Pre-Flight episodes, Toonami Digital Arsenal will be hosting them on a month delay. (Took a bit for the decision to come up.)

Line_HTX

I caught up on SAO II finally, and yeah, this is just silly stuff with some dragged out drama. I wouldn't say it's boring, but more like it's a good laugh for a group hatewatch.

I just realized that tomorrow's Toonami falls on my 26th bday. I guess I'll have that as dessert after the big megafight. :p

Levyne

Banned
Happy early birthday. I will also be turning 26 this month.

Going to try to have my face in here more often, even though I end up playing multiplayer games during toonami time. Doesn't mean i need to avoid this place during the week, etc.

guess who has to do a research project in two days as well as another paper and then another paper that's due a little later and then a statistics exam?

guess who has to do a research project in two days as well as another paper and then another paper that's due a little later and then a statistics exam?

I had to do 8 papers in one weekend for one class, proctastination woo! Got an a on all of them as well. I was in a zen like state pounding out a 4 page paper every 3 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom