• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

i remember one playthrough leveling up Kyza, evening making sure to give him good stat ups with save scumming.

it was not worth it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Problem with all US FE games is that there's too many good characters. People who haven't gone back don't know what real struggle is about. None of the Laguz are awful, (none are worth using in PoR at all by most standards yet are perfectly fine) but few are great. It's pretty much like you say, 2 of the Herons, Royals, and Volug.

Volug is great on any team, let alone the Dawn Brigade.

Problem with all US FE games is that there's too many good characters. People who haven't gone back don't know what real struggle is about. None of the Laguz are awful, (none are worth using in PoR at all by most standards yet are perfectly fine) but few are great. It's pretty much like you say, 2 of the Herons, Royals, and Volug.

Volug is great on any team, let alone the Dawn Brigade.

Outside of FE1/3 Jeigan/book 2 Alan there really aren't any bad characters in the older FE games. FE5 is the exception because everyone in that game minus Finn and Sety is bad :p

And yeah you can use anyone you want in any FE game FE6 and on and do well/make them work, but not all characters are equal in both the struggle to make them good and just how good they can be.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fiona is the only borderline do not use in RD, and that's hard mode only. That's only because of how late you get her and being in the weakest, most oversaturated Beorc class.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love it when this thread descends into highly detailed discussions about completely unrelated subjects.

FE is animu as hell. The first three games are 80's as fuck. The next two are super early 90's anime. 6-8 are late 90's while 9-10 are late. 11-12 are remakes of 80's as fuck games using kinda bad GitS looking 3D models. 13 is glorious early this decade animu as fuck.

daveo42

Banned
Zoro v Kaku is a pretty amazing fight. Both guys are definitely beasts.

FE is animu as hell. The first three games are 80's as fuck. The next two are super early 90's anime. 6-8 are late 90's while 9-10 are late. 11-12 are remakes of 80's as fuck games using kinda bad GitS looking 3D models. 13 is glorious early this decade animu as fuck.

In some ways this thread is animu hell.

Seda

SGiJ5kI.gif

Lunar15

It's very true. FE has always been ridiculously anime. It's just that the genre has changed over time. Genre as in, the most prevailing mainstream type of anime.

Is Zoro v. Kaku this weekend? Kinda want to see the reactions to that.

Soulflarz

Banned
fmab kills fma 03, how do some people like 03 better.

On 38

I love it when this thread descends into highly detailed discussions about completely unrelated subjects.

Me too. To me, this is a chatroom of people who love their hobbies to extremes, and I enjoy the weekly chats :3

On that note, I just finished Rayman Legends today, and I highly recommend it to those of you who liked origins.
If you didn't play Rayman Origins, go do that, it's pretty cheap nowadays.

Soulflarz

Banned
fma 03 does a better job with the material both versions cover. And generally? I like the music and tone better in fma03.

Okay, I'll give you all 3 of those points. 1-14 brotherhood does not beat 1-30 03 when its not filler. I like both OSTs, 03 had better openings/endings generally.

But seriously, 03 31-51 was just...erg

First time poster here. God I remember the good ol days when they aired the unedited version of Outlaw Star by accident.

I haven't kept up with it recently and going to get back into it.

Raxus

I hope I can survive tonight. Kind of sick...

Looking at the episodes we are covering tonight...You're already dead.

One Piece and DBZ are good and KLK is ok, dunno about Final Act. The rest? Actually kind of boring, even SAO.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should look more into censoring differences of the US airing of DBZ. Some of these lines of dialogue are hilarious.

"LOOK, I can see their parachutes, they're okay!"

"That area may have been evaculated, but it'll give them something to think about."

*Tein's arm gets cut off* "You just wait until it grows back!"

& probably my favorite:

"Too bad it's Sunday, those buildings would have been filled up tomorrow."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I should look more into censoring differences of the US airing of DBZ. Some of these lines of dialogue are hilarious.

"LOOK, I can see their parachutes, they're okay!"

"That area may have been evaculated, but it'll give them something to think about."

*Tein's arm gets cut off* "You just wait until it grows back!"

& probably my favorite:

"Too bad it's Sunday, those buildings would have been filled up tomorrow."

There's also turning Hell into HFIL, the "Home For Infinite Losers". We didn't see that on Kai as it was a filler episode.

Among all the terrible censorship changes, HFIL is by far my favorite and is totally a change I would keep in all versions of DBZ :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's also turning Hell into HFIL, the "Home For Infinite Losers". We didn't see that on Kai as it was a filler episode.
AHAHAHAH, wow, I just saw that. The folds in the shirt sure were convenient for that to happen.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think Animaniacs was able to get away with saying "Hell" at the beginning of the episode during a song, then the episode continues being in Hell with SATAN HIMSELF.

Raxus

AHAHAHAH, wow, I just saw that. The folds in the shirt sure were convenient for that to happen.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think Animaniacs was able to get away with saying "Hell" at the beginning of the episode during a song, then the episode continues being in Hell with SATAN HIMSELF.

Animanics got away with so much shit

"Give me the bird!"
"Fingerprints"
And so much more.

It was funny seeing all the outcry with DBZ being censored to hell when Animaniacs got away with so much more.

True Story, Animaniacs was how I found out what "the bird" really was!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Animanics got away with so much shit

"Give me the bird!"
"Fingerprints"
And so much more.

It was funny seeing all the outcry with DBZ being censored to hell when Animaniacs got away with so much more.

True Story, Animaniacs was how I found out what "the bird" really was!
Seriously, it's what made the show so great. That bird joke is one of my favorites. I really wish I got to see when I was younger. I sort of skipped it because I was in those teen years of "EEWWWW, cartoons! Those are for kids! I'll stick with Adult Swim & the animes I watch cuz those are for older people, LIKE ME!" Thankfully, I watched most of the episodes thanks to Hub reairing them, plus I finally got around to seeing Freakazoid a few years ago. If anything, being older has me appreciating them even more, like knowing one episode is basically a parody of Orsen Well's rants.

Took me soooooo long to understand the "finger Prince" joke. I must say, Animaniacs was one of those shows that was actually meant for "everyone", not "everyone, but only kids will like it".

Seda

i dunno, i feel like 'it got away with stuff' isn't really an interesting thing for a show to hang its hat on

Man God

Non-Canon Member
fma 03 does a better job with the material both versions cover. And generally? I like the music and tone better in fma03.

Agreed. It's also secretly got better animation most of the time. I prefer its coloration as well.

The music is the big one. Not to say FMAB has bad music, it does not, but FMA is easily one of the best scores in anime.

i dunno, i feel like 'it got away with stuff' isn't really an interesting thing for a show to hang its hat on

The show was still very well written, had amazing music, and much of its humor still holds up today. The fact it also got away with some really mature jokes just adds to its legacy.

Lust's backstory episode was kind of ruined for me because everyone still called her "Lust" and she still looked like a supervillain

I agree, its part of the major issue the fma 03 homonculi have that they have to be named and designed after the 7 deadly sins when nothing in bones adaptation really warrants that naming motiff.

Jarate

Banned
Man God I'd totes switch to a Fire Emblem avatar, but I promised I'd keep this till DBZ Kai ended

Nephenee and Fir are the best waifus of the series

So today's the big day of the fight, eh guys? I know a lot of people have been waiting for this one. There's just such an intense rivalry between those two that makes it all the more interesting to watch. Yup, can't wait to see Zoro and Kaku battling it out. It's gonna be fun on a bun.

So today's the big day of the fight, eh guys? I know a lot of people have been waiting for this one. There's just such an intense rivalry between those two that makes it all the more interesting to watch. Yup, can't wait to see Zoro and Kaku battling it out. It's gonna be fun on a bun.

Nah that ain't the big fight. As for the actual big fight, my money's on Lucci. Guy's a beast.

Team Giraffe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom