• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I think the issue people have is its just kind of thrown out there with no reasoning behind it, and it doesnt seem that well thought out compared to the beggining

So a show can't have a silly plot?

Now you're putting words in my mouth and making a strawman argument. I was saying that using the 'this is supposed be dumb, don't take it seriously' approach to sweep criticism of a questionable plot line under the rug is not a valid in my eyes. That's all.

It works, but it's still really dumb. It's just the reveal of the true big bad that kind of fits in with the original story.

Monkeys that can create glowing yellow hair, magic fruits that make you unable to swim, and ninjas that use magic is a-okay, but alien fibers are off limits.

tumblr_n2re9ovVHV1qj8vhzo1_r2_250.gif

Puruzi

Banned
Sure but Kill la Kill takes this plotline seriously. Similar to how even though TTGL was super over the top it took itself seriously as well.
The visuals in the whole episode show that this clearly isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Did you even watch all the exposition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom