• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Pretty boring episode besides the OP/first few minutes and the ED.

Then again I could care less about the plot of KLK, just like I could care less about the plot of Gurren. I just wanna see shit happen.
These guys cant write edgy characters well, KLk was at its worst when Simon was edgemeister supreme

Line_HTX

I mean, I enjoyed this show enough to keep watching. I just think that Gurren Lagann is better than this shit. It's one of the reasons why I would call this Shit la Shit. =D

PROFESSIONAL MMO PLAYERS TIME

Crocodile

"You die first, I don't give a shit" LOL this dub

Mako continues being the best as well <3

GL had people throwing whole galaxies at the end that concept is far more ludicrous

Right I think TTGL worked. I'm just saying, "its not meant to be taken seriously" doesn't work if the show itself takes the concept seriously. Plus not all silly is created equal. I don't think this plotline is offensively stupid or anything but I just don't think they do as good a job making work here as they do in TTGL (in part because TTGL has a central and consistent theme at the core of the show whereas KLK doesn't really).

Plus I'm a pretty non-fan of "turn your brain off" type of defenses. Something can be silly, over the top and not completely sensical and either work or not work. It's all a case by case basis. I just don't think it works as well in KLK as it could have or, again, as well as it work in TTGL. That's my only point.

that's dumb

this is really dumb

so is there an explanation as to why Senketsu has to make her look near naked when they fight?

or why the nudist beach people don't wear any clothes?

As of now? No. I heard there's some kind of explanation for it at the end, but I wouldn't take anything they say here as logical lol. That's never been Trigger's best atribute, especially when one of their most famous lines is to "kick logic to the curb."

Puruzi

Banned
that's dumb

this is really dumb

so is there an explanation as to why Senketsu has to make her look near naked when they fight?

or why the nudist beach people don't wear any clothes?
No reason for senketsu but nudist beach don't wear shot because all clothing has alien life fibers
They said it in the episode

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So........they're relaxing in one MMO somehow watching a match happening in ANOTHER MMO?

HOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

CGTyqlZW0AAuuaX.jpg

Gonna dump this here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
that's dumb

this is really dumb

or why the nudist beach people don't wear any clothes? you know, as opposed to just making or wearing clothes without life fibers
Clothes are the evil antagonists in the show.

Crocodile

These guys cant write edgy characters well, KLk was at its worst when Simon was edgemeister supreme

I don't think Simon was ever an edgelord so much as incredibly depressed. There's a difference in my mind. Plus the way he pulls himself out of it eventually is great. Ryuko never really gets that chance.

Not to dwell too much on something that wasn't that big of a deal, but I don't get why we're not allowed to think that the whole life fiber/nudist beach thing they tried to spin in a serious manner was dumb. It doesn't matter that the show is over the top in many areas such as character design; they introduced a new element to the plot and it came off as odd and out of left field.

To be fair I'm pretty sure everyone thinks it's dumb. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom