• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's really another issue with this.
He is a complete newbie, but still managed to get to the fucking finals. This really is the worst....

Man, and I thought Kirito was a Marty Stu last season. They just took it to unimaginable levels. We should start calling it Kirito Stu. Time for Inuyasha: The Final Act.

daveo42

Banned
That's the SAO I remember. The one that does nothing but enrages any unlucky soul that tries to gaze upon its unholy horrors. Part of me is now dead. Thanks Kirito. Thanks Sinon. I'm ready for you Death Gun.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
YO THEY HAVE HAD LIKE THREE CHANCES AT TELLING A GOOD STORY WHY IS THIS SHOW SO ASS?

Resigns

How the hell is she planning to get into the finals again?
once you advance to the semifinals you already make it into the finals bracket

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So from what I understand, SAO is popular BECAUSE Kirito is an overpowered Sue, and is basically a wish fulfillment character for game playing Otaku that want to be like him.

This makes me ill.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Because it's SAO. Prepare more tables.

0QXCytr.gif

Seda

that was confusingly awful

I don't really even care about Kirito being mmo-Jesus. The dialogue and any attempted 'weight' to this fight was totally laughable.

Takashi

I wouldn't be so pissed off at this tripe if Kirito didn't have to be a god at this game using the worst possible weapon. Like if he at least played by its rules and get skillful with guns, then it wouldn't be so bad.

But this is a tiny issue in the sea of dense, steamy shit that is SAO.

ReiGun

Prefacing this by saying I haven't watched Toonami in forever and this is the first episode of SAO2 I've seen:

Um, who programs a game where that bullet slice can happen? And any didn't blue hair just take the shot? What a shit sniper.

Harem transition complete. Went from top-tier paid-for-real-cash coldblooded sniper to tsundere tentacle bait in less than 2 real world hours.
Does this count as a yuri scene?
This is a surprisingly legitimate question.

And people were paid to write this. In a setting with literally infinite potential because it takes places in VR MMOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom