• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
CUcsvZu.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So from what I understand, SAO is popular BECAUSE Kirito is an overpowered Sue, and is basically a wish fulfillment character for game playing Otaku that want to be like him.

This makes me ill.

Yea but why do so many girls watch it? It makes no goddamn sense! It couldn't offend them anymore if it actually tried!

Crocodile

So from what I understand, SAO is popular BECAUSE Kirito is an overpowered Sue, and is basically a wish fulfillment character for game playing Otaku that want to be like him.

This makes me ill.

It's SOOOOOOOO transparent that you'd think people would see through it (at least those over the age of like 12) but nope :/

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Last week, Kohaku died but then came back to life thanks to bullcrap.
But hey, after so many years, the Shikon Jewel has finally reformed. We really are at the end.

Grexeno

Kirito is up there with Broly in terms of characters who clearly were jettisoned from the mind of a 7-year old for the express purpose of being better than everyone.

Some of the action in SAO would be pretty cool if it actually felt like the protagonist earned it.

Or hell, he doesn't even need to earn it if he's amsuing . Gary/Mary Stu characters can be awesome if done well like in No Game No Life or Mondaiji-tachi. Kirito might as well just be a blank slate character.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh hey, remember the animal costume everyone.
Feels so long ago

IS THIS A CLIP SHOW?!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yea but why do so many girls watch it? It makes no goddamn sense! It couldn't offend them anymore if it actually tried!

His relationship with asuna is legitimately the best thing the story pulled off, I could see the interest from that, however she has hardly had 15 mins of screen time since this season started so idk what anyone would see in the second season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom