• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I wonder how much it would cost to contract a chinese company to twitter spam demarco with Ping Pong requests the next time he takes requests

America needs Ping Pong

Grexeno

I wonder how much it would cost to contract a chinese company to twitter spam demarco with Ping Pong requests the next time he takes requests

America needs Ping Pong
You would probably succeed in him making it company policy to never ever air anything Jarate likes ever again.

Jarate

Banned
You would probably succeed in him making it company policy to never ever air anything Jarate likes ever again.

If I ever go to a con where a Toonami panel exists. Im gonna ask him when's ping pong during the Q&A
Id then ask him why Bleach is cancelled

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would imagine Part 3 would get aired first since that's the most popular with the US audience (hell, it was the only one we knew of for a long time). Plus, as much as Part 2 was great, I have a bad feeling some people would get turned off having to watch the first few episodes of Part 1, which are NOWHERE NEAR representations of Jojo as a whole.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I mainly just want Part 2 to air so we can see Joseph before becoming who he was in Part 3, but oh well, I'm perfectly fine with starting with Part 3, especially since the episode count would work better.

Jarate

Banned
Yeah, but it isn't like part 1 beginning episodes is bad or anything.

Jojo would be stupid to start at part 1 and 2, especially with how much hype part 2 has

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It would be nice if Jojo replaced a soon to be departing Dragon Ball Z Kai just so we wouldn't be locked up with yet another long runner.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, but it isn't like part 1 beginning episodes is bad or anything.

Jojo would be stupid to start at part 1 and 2, especially with how much hype part 2 has
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it's just a bit slow & they pail in comparison to what happens later in the series. I like to think of Part 2 as a more realized version of Hamon from Part 1 & giving in more to the "bizarre" aspects.

I've heard some people try to watch Jojo starting with Part 1 & not getting into it, mainly with those first two or three episodes, but as soon as Part 2 started, they were hooked.

I hope they keep the VAs from that test dub, it turned out rather good & I want Patrick Seitz to ham it up when he finally gets to go all-out as Dio. Plus they could use Toonam as a dub premiere.

Jarate

Banned
DBZ Kai is most definitely going to be replaced by either a rerun of DBZ Kai, or an unrated viewing of DB Super.

If Jojo gets on air, then so be it, it's more contained stories within the same universe rather then following the same characters for 10 years

Remember, Ping Pong is only 11 episodes...

Moaradin

DBZ Kai will get replaced by DBZ Buu Kai, which will get replaced by DB Super (could potentially run for hundreds of episodes.)

Dragon Ball is here to stay :p

Crocodile

They should air Jojo Part I because:
  • It's good
  • It's short
  • It sets up Part III well. I think Part III suffers if you haven't seen Part I
They should air Jojo Part II because:
  • It's fucking awesome <3
Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Ah I see. Thanks

It would be nice if Jojo replaced a soon to be departing Dragon Ball Z Kai just so we wouldn't be locked up with yet another long runner.

LOL NO

DBZ Kai will get replaced by DBZ Buu Kai, which will get replaced by DB Super (could potentially run for hundreds of episodes.)

This guy get it <3

They'll get the original DB & call it "SEE THE ORIGINS OF GOKU BEFORE HIS MOST FAMOUS FIGHTS"

xxlds8a6iai47xyul3l3.png

I hope DBS stopped being a complete doo-doo.

It did (when did you stop watching?)

I mean we basically know Psycho Pass would have aired on Toonami had Netflix not outbid them for the show. Also despite what anime gaf thinks of the series it's still really popular with the anime mass audience.

ckohler

So, the only reason Jojo seems like a good idea to me (having not seen it) is because everyone here raves about it.

One Punch Man is my personal pick. It would make for an epic group watch.

I know nothing about Psyco Pass but it looks kinda generic. Is it really something we want after the string of generic anime we've had recently?

Line_HTX

Crocodile, after about 5 weeks. I was like, nope, I don't have the patience for this. I'm going to set it aside until way way later.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There is literally no reason whatsoever to not start Jojo at Part 1 aside from arcane legal mumbo jumbo. It's short, it establishes the entire franchise, it directly sets up both Parts 2 and 3, it has the most meme-able moment in the entire series (in episode 1!), and it's a completely new franchise to Toonami.

Levyne

Banned
Crocodile, after about 5 weeks. I was like, nope, I don't have the patience for this. I'm going to set it aside until way way later.

It got way better after the movie retellings. the Resurrection F arc was poo poo, but everything after has been good.

Grexeno

There is literally no reason whatsoever to not start Jojo at Part 1 aside from arcane legal mumbo jumbo. It's short, it establishes the entire franchise, it directly sets up both Parts 2 and 3, it has the most meme-able moment in the entire series (in episode 1!), and it's a completely new franchise to Toonami.
Reasons to not start with Part 1:

1. Early episodes will more than likely bore a large amount of the audience
2. Doesn't have Stands
3. Part 3 will probably get a Viz dub first

Crocodile

I legit don't understand how people think Part I is "boring". It's better than a good chunk of the shonen that has aired on Toonami. Shit starts going down from episode 1 and barely lets up. It's only like 9 fucking episodes. I'd even say its better than some stretches of Part III. I feel people are arguing a problem that doesn't exist.

Squishing the frog meme?

:lol
"IT WAS ME, DIO!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"WHAT THE HELL, I heard this Jojo series has awesome punching ghosts and other bonker powers, where aaarrreee theeeyyyyy?!?!"

"WHY ISN'T DIO USING HIS ZA WAURDO?!? He looks nothing like what I've seen online!!"

I feel that the slowness of the first few episodes of JJBA is very overstated. We already have a crazy "final battle" in the third episode, and there are several memorable moments in the first few episodes, mainly of Dio being a dick.

All Toonami needs to do is emphasize in their commercial that the battle with Dio lasts generations, and show brief shots of Joseph and Jotaro. Though they probably wouldn't do that.

Tenumi

Banned

I would genuinely be surprised if anything else happened.

I know I certainly enjoyed Parts 1 and 2. And honestly, with a franchise like Jojo, it feels less like getting a 26 episode series and more like getting a long runner. I mean, right now, counting Part 4, that's 75+ episodes if all seasons are possible.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I never got the slow complaints. If anything, Part 1 is faster than all of them. It's only like 8 episodes after all.
Well, it was only about 5 volumes to begin with. Meanwhile, Parts 3 & beyond were 16+ volumes.

I'm not saying Part 1 is BAD or anything, it's just when you're someone like me who's read/seen all 7 parts & keeping up with Part 8, it's just not high on the "favorite Jojo part" list.

I'm fine with rewatching it, I just hope people don't skip out on Parts 2 & beyond because Part 1 isn't doing anything for them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, we double dip on DBZ as Goku is back in the game and the Saiyans focus on powering up to stop Cell's path of destruction, the Hunter candidates who survived Phase One's grueling endurance run find themselves faced with a new test in Phase Two that will evaluate a completely different and unexpected skillset entirely, Jin learns Spike's lesson in how to be like water while Mugen and Fuu are reunited with Sara, Shippuden returns from its long filler nightmare to focus on its true protagonist Sasuke as Orochimaru decides the time is right to take Sasuke's body as his own, Inuppe the penguin dog zombie stands his ground to protect Nami but it's not long before Lola appears to hunt down Nami for stealing Absalom's heart, and Migi turns Shinichi into Spider-Man.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 70 - The Dizzying Deception and the Daring Escape! Defeat the Android Cell!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 71 - The Hunt for Cell Is On! Goku, Back in Action!
12:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 72 - Break the Super Saiyan Barrier! Into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber!
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 6 - A × Surprising × Challenge
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 21 - Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 113 - The Serpent's Pupil
2:30 - One Piece - 347 - Chivalry Remains! The Traitorous Zombie Protects Nami!
3:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 6 - The Sun Also Rises

If the adult swim audience is cool with early hxh they should he fine with early jojo
Yeah, I feel like the first few episodes of JJBA are more interesting than the first few of HxH. The real danger is that HxH is fairly familiar in its story beats (at the start) while JJBA starts off more like a soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom