• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Build Fighters is on the same level of kiddiness as Beware the Batman/Clone Wars/Thundercats/Symbionic Titan, all of which aired on TOONAMI. I'd say it would do much better than any of them ratings wise by virtue of being anime.

Regiruler

Build fighters if it got a real English dub would fit better on Disney XD or day cartoon network IMO

Good. Hunter x Hunter can go keep it company.

Kappa

EDIT:
OtX1fe7.png

Build Fighters is on the same level of kiddiness as Beware the Batman/Clone Wars/Thundercats/Symbionic Titan, all of which aired on TOONAMI. I'd say it would do much better than any of them ratings wise by virtue of being anime.

I wouldn't compare build fighters to those other shows at all for tone or kiddy nature. The shows you mentioned still put the cast in life or death situations each week and comparatively darker tones for kid shows, gbf is just kids playing with action figures each week. Yes gbf has better action and writing then all of those shows but I dunno if the usual adult swim audience would buy in.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh, also worth noting IBO was another fruit of that Tokyo Trip Demarco and team took last year. They did confirm the existence of futher endeavors beyond this and IBO.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
EDIT again: So, a dub clip showed on Pre-Flight today from the 1st ep of IBO. Here it is.
So an anime on Toonami starring Jade Saxton as a plucky young girl got replaced by an anime starring Jad Saxton as a plucky young robot girl, which will now be replaced by an anime starring Jad Saxton as a plucky young girl (with mechs). And that's not including all the other Toonami animes starring Jad Saxton as a plucky young archaeologist girl, a plucky young weapon girl and as a plucky young alien girl.

She might be Toonami's most represented voice actress at this point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So an anime on Toonami starring Jade Saxton as a plucky young girl got replaced by an anime starring Jad Saxton as a plucky young robot girl, which will now be replaced by an anime starring Jad Saxton as a plucky young girl (with mechs). And that's not including all the other Toonami animes starring Jad Saxton as a plucky young archaeologist girl, a plucky young weapon girl and as a plucky young alien girl.

ahem.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

I don't think that's Jad Saxton. She's a Texas actress, only appearing in Funi & Sentai shows. IBO was recorded by Bang Zoom in California.

Btw, Doom is fucking rad.

It's great. It's just fun on a bun.

In fact, a lot of people seem to think it's great.

Which brings me to question, WTF Bethesda?

Why not have some confidence in it? Why put a review embargo on it for so long?

Bethesda seems to think people give a shit about Doom's multiplayer mode

Reportedly for getting multiplayer and snap map servers working, but probably lack of confidence in releasing a throwback 90's shooter in 2016.

I'm happy to see they were ultimately proven wrong because more diversity in FPS these days are desperately needed.

BBboy20

It's funny that despite being DOOM, I'm taking my time with it like I have with Uncharted 4 in usually traversing slowly, looking at the environment, and looking for every nook and cranny for secrets.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I think counting Colleen is cheating at this point lol

I don't think that's Jad Saxton. She's a Texas actress, only appearing in Funi & Sentai shows. IBO was recorded by Bang Zoom in California.
It sounds just like her Mira voice, especially the "i'm coming with you" line

If it's not her, then it has to be her voice twin Cherami Leigh, who is also a Texas voice actress. I refuse to believe it's not one of them.

Build fighters if it got a real English dub would fit better on Disney XD or day cartoon network IMO

*Snort* okay sure. and where it going to fit exactly, between the 25th rerun of the day of Teen Titans GO and that afoul Powerpuff Girls reboot?

Cartoon Network today just plain blows, shows like Steven Universe save it from being Nickelodeon levels of terrible but its still pretty bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think counting Colleen is cheating at this point lol

All we need is Fairy Tail on the block as she's in practically every episode of that too.

Just like she's in nearly every episode of One Piece and just about every episode of DBZ Kai (but not Buu or Super presumably!)

She's also been at least a bit role in almost every TOONAMI show from Funimation, not to mention most of the ASA shows from years past.

IBO feels more like Star Wars than Gundam. I mean that in a good way, what I saw was pretty good.

For reference: I think that SEED and 00 are awful. I do like Wing and most of the UC stuff (that I've seen...).

Raxus

IBO feels more like Star Wars than Gundam. I mean that in a good way, what I saw was pretty good.

For reference: I think that SEED and 00 are awful. I do like Wing and most of the UC stuff (that I've seen...).
Watch Unicorn and see that all melt away.

G-reco is barely even talked about so I dunno how that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom