• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm sure it was covered in Fanzines, Wing started almost immediately after G ended.

Literally the next week. March 31st 1995 is the final episode of Mobile Fighter G Gundam and April 7th was the first episode of Wing.

No post series cool down back then huh? damn, Wing must've been in development for quite the while if it was able to that kind of release.

Line_HTX

I don't remember mine, I think it was generically FunkyMonk#16515. I'll update everything when I get home later.

I've been away for so long since I stopped playing Hearthstone, lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So think another older Adult Swim anime will replace Champloo?

Also, thanks to Ben The Sage, I finally know what "Champloo" means:

The word champloo comes from the Okinawan word chanpurū (as in gōyā chanpurū, the Okinawan stir-fry dish containing bitter melon). Chanpurū, alone, simply means "to mix" or "to hash."

So..........the show is basically "Samurai Remix"

Jarate

Banned
So think another older Adult Swim anime will replace Champloo?

Also, thanks to Ben The Sage, I finally know what "Champloo" means:

So..........the show is basically "Samurai Remix"

I think we talked about on here before

Ping pong would be an excellent choice to replace it if Demarco is looking for "artsier" or more adult anime.

I think the replacement for Shampoo will be Kids in the Slope or Terror in Resonance

If we're looking for other shows that might work then maybe Darker then Black? havent seen that show, but I thin k it's HD enough to air on Adult Swim

What we should get for that timeslot is HD G Gundam

Cornbread78

I think we talked about on here before

Ping pong would be an excellent choice to replace it if Demarco is looking for "artsier" or more adult anime.

I think the replacement for Shampoo will be Kids in the Slope or Terror in Resonance

If we're looking for other shows that might work then maybe Darker then Black? havent seen that show, but I thin k it's HD enough to air on Adult Swim

What we should get for that timeslot is HD G Gundam

Kids in the Slope

This one doesn't really fit the Toonami crowd though..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cromartie High would've been perfect as a comedy for the older Adult Swim. I'm keeping an eye on the newly released DVD so I can eventually own it & let my friend borrow it.

I just know I can't imagine a newer show getting that spot since 1:30 is the premiere slot for "older" & sometimes cheaper shows.

Maybe they'll bring Code Geass back to ride on the success of having another robot show on the block.

Line_HTX

Oh, if Toonami ever decides to run a movie, they should definitely air Harmony. It's action enough plus it's a very good Funi dub.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Cromartie High would've been perfect as a comedy for the older Adult Swim. I'm keeping an eye on the newly released DVD so I can eventually own it & let my friend borrow it.

I just know I can't imagine a newer show getting that spot since 1:30 is the premiere slot for "older" & sometimes cheaper shows.

Maybe they'll bring Code Geass back to ride on the success of having another robot show on the block.

Cromartie High was grabbed by Anime Unleashed back in the day.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I don't think they are huge fans of Code Geass and that series had the unfortunate timing of airing just as the anime industry and Adult Swim Action were beginning to implode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cromartie High was grabbed by Anime Unleashed back in the day.
Oh yeah, it was on G4, I think. Pretty sure that's how I discovered it. I was channel surfing at a hotel & found it, was kind of confused, yet couldn't look away from it. Wasn't until years later I figured out/remembered the name & watched the entire series.

Mizerman

Oh yeah, it was on G4, I think. Pretty sure that's how I discovered it. I was channel surfing at a hotel & found it, was kind of confused, yet couldn't look away from it. Wasn't until years later I figured out/remembered the name & watched the entire series.

Yup.

Line_HTX

I remember that emo music video channel Fuse showed Tenjo Tenge and Ergo Proxy.

That was fun, and I finally saw Ergo Proxy all the way through.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Overwatch doesn't look interesting to me.

I'm trying to get some VC Remastered in before I get distracted by One Piece: Burning Blood next week & the 5 games I'm getting in June.

ckohler

I don't play competitive multiplayer games, so no Overwatch for me. I'm kinda interested in trying Doom. I'm playing Minecraft, at the moment.

Crocodile

I don't really play games on my PC and I don't have a PS4 so I can't really hop onto the Overwatch train. Lore, characters, character designs are all aces though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom