• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
7PiEB95.gif

BBboy20

Not sure what prompted this outburst but I agree with the sentiment
Minority "Best" Friend and his family (and maybe my) friends in last night's dinner. Pharmacy student, Restaurant Owner (makes the best Far Eastern food in town), ex-nurse & firefighter, doctor, two ex-teachers. Only racist thing was ex-nurse/firefighter calling Obama "bamboo", otherwise it turned into a transphobic nightmare that was triggered by Target's recent polices and gossip about not allowing flags and "Christian" symbolism (talked to a friend who works at one and apparently that is not true) , overall mentioning the bathroom bills that's been going around, "Best" friend making a "chopping off" joke and would like to tell those who would move to Canada if Trump wins the US presidency to not have the "gay gate" hit them on the way out or some homophobic shit. Different walks of life with critical thinking skills that got them far in life, threw away at moments like these where they still think they're knowledgeable folks.

I've known him for over 6 years now but the more I've come to understand the world, the more I feel emotionally detached to him as I don't want to even feel like I'm part of such putrid aura but I don't do conflict well (I've tried before with racism and my nerves went to absolute shit and barely even able to speak) and even if I manage to steady my emotions, I don't want it to just turn into endless routine arguing...despite knowing defending Americans at any given time would be the right thing to do. I don't even want to hang out with my grand relatives' place any more with Drumpf in the scene.

And I live in a blue state...

the more I think about this apollo justice case the less it makes sense and it was already nonsensical

The fingerprinting obsessed girl doesn't fingerprint the gun

We are supposed to operate on the notion a 14 year old blind boy who does not speak english killed a grown man with a .45 revolver, left the scene, came back and dragged his body through a hallway and up a flight of stairs to a platform on a stage then collapsed...and no one saw this? Is this kid fucking Daredevil?

No one brings up that a 14 year old blind boy couldn't fire a .45, or a gun in the first place

Apollo doesn't bring up any of this. What a shitty lawyer.

It's the ultimate in frustration issues the other cases have had where you already know a bunch of details or in this case answers that no one brings up until way later down the line and I'm not even sure that will happen here. Does this make like, any sense in the original Japanese? I can't imagine it does because the details are so bad

Now would be the perfect time for Capcom to make a real-ass Megaman game in the swerve of the century.

This IS Capcom's project, their ain't gonna be a swerve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I was helping a buddy move out yesterday, it was sad but I got some stuff from him. couple mangas, a SEGA Genesis, and these:
zlWih12.jpg

FOS72aJ.jpg

QSJYqjO.jpg

All 3 are in excellent condition, but I didn't know their were Gundam novels esp. ones from the 90s. so, how much of MS Gundam does these novels actually cover?

It's telling that I remember very little of Apollo Justice, and what I do remember isn't nice.

Apollo's power is fun, but the way its implemented is pretty stupid to be honest.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use it outside the courtroom?

I'm playing on an emulator (even though I own all the games physically already, I decided to try an emulator for AJ) and realized I could just set it to move 2x faster because I read extremely fast. WOOHOO

In better news, Diamond is Unbreakable is so good. I haven't been this happy with an adaptation since...certain Hunter x Hunter episodes?

Raxus

Man, Part 4 of JoJo would be one of the most boring shows to discuss on Toonami

Since most of us will say it is pretty great.

Part 4 is hard to talk about. It's not thematically deep or anything, it's just a well executed show that's very entertaining and fun to watch. Most of my comments on it come down to "that episode was fantastic"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's just a constant reminder why I remember it being my favorite part along with Part 2, & being to see it animated has been great.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Starting next Saturday night, Toonami will be taking off a half hour earlier! Your weekly dose of anime will now air from 11:30p – 3a. This means you'll get the premiere of Iron-Blooded Orphans just a little bit sooner. "

Well damn, leading with Gundam.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, so they're just shifting the whole block 30 minutes. But still, that'd kind of neat.

I thought for a moment they extended it.

Grexeno

Sooooooooo....................the second Kai episode is here to stay?

EDIT: Oh, they're just moving the block up 30 minutes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No, I THINK it's just making everything 30 minutes earlier. DBZ is still midnight, but then....

Hunter X Hunter: 12:30
Champloo: 1:00
Shippuden: 1:30
One Piece: 2:00
Parasyte/rerun slot: 2:30.

Grexeno

No, I THINK it's just making everything 30 minutes earlier. DBZ is still midnight, but then....

Hunter X Hunter: 12:30
Champloo: 1:00
Shippuden: 1:30
One Piece: 2:00
Parasyte/rerun slot: 2:30.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I get it.

This increases the chance that Champloo's replacement will be something big since it'll air at 1 instead of 1:30.

Line_HTX

I wish they brought back the super long block so the back end would be reruns of good classics.

I remember what this thread was like at the start of AoT, lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The 12:30 premiere slot was sucked into the Wth dimension.

But yeah, now Champloo's replacement might not be the older &/or cheaper show.

Ratings will be interesting.

IBO is at midnight, btw. Kai should be at 11:30 now. There should be an official schedule soon, but here's what it's starting to look like:

11:30 - Kai
12:00 - Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
12:30 - Hunter x Hunter
1:00 - Champloo
1:30 - Shippuden
2:00 - One Piece
2:30 - Parasyte

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder how this is going to affect the numbers. Could be we see a small bump in the back half due to the earlier airing times.

Regiruler

I wonder how this is going to affect the numbers. Could be we see a small bump in the back half due to the earlier airing times.

I'd say your downplaying it. Just imagine every time slot
prior to the one piece drop-off
getting the ratings of the prior slot.

Although I'm sure they're probably moving up family guy as well given how that's a ratings gorilla (big and kinda dominant but nobody really likes it around).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kai's still first, it seems. I jumped a week ahead on Dish & it lists Kai at midnight, then Mobile Suit Gundam at 12:30.

I imagine Dish just needs to update for the earlier timeslots, but seems like IBO is after Kai, not before.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, Guts was a cute dog from Kill La Kill. Nice to see they have a slice of comedy to break up all the seriousness.

Grexeno

So the Iron-Blooded Orphans promo is literally a remake of the classic Gundam Wing promo. It even has almost the exact same narration.

Tamanon

Banned
I actually liked the Gundam novels. They were my first actual exposure to the series. I mainly picked it up because it looked like Robotech/Battletech.

I believe it only covers Mobile Suit Gundam, not anything after it, but it's been a while since I read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom