• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss One Piece.

I miss Space Dandy.

I miss Black Lagoon.

I miss Lupin The Third Part 2.

I miss FLCL.

I miss Outlaw Star.

I miss Paranoia Agent.

I even miss Parasyte.

Crocodile

I feel like literally every other "vampires" vs. humans urban fantasy in existence has done a better job of this narrative than this show

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just realized they cut out the scene where Kaneki and Touka dress up as high school kids and try to sneak into the Doves HQ. Why though?

I miss One Piece.

giphy.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"We should talk to each other."

-10 seconds later-

"Instead of talking to you I'm going to beat you up."

giphy.gif

I... don't even know who we're supposed to root for. Okay, so the old guy is crazy as in "entertaining crazy," but he's a dick and is using that poor mother's power, so fuck him. Actually, fuck everyone in this scene, and fuck this show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh, about that eSports plug, they explained it on Pre-Flight, that is a Turner mandate because TBS invested in eSports.

Morlas

I... don't even know who we're supposed to root for. Okay, so the old guy is crazy as in "entertaining crazy," but he's a dick and is using that poor mother's power, so fuck him. Actually, fuck everyone in this scene, and fuck this show.

but most of all fuck zombie movies.....i don't find them entertaining.

Oh, about that eSports plug, they explained it on Pre-Flight, that is a Turner mandate because TBS invested in eSports.

Pretty much. Toonami/adult swim and TBS are under the same umbrella. Also, yeah ELeague has been successful for TBS...probably because it was Street Fighter. I don't know if the earlier CS:GO ELeague episodes did the same or better.

Seda

If you are going to make your main cast of protagonists a species of beings who kill and eat humans, you have to be incredibly meticulous and deft when crafting the opening events of the show in order to give your characters empathy.

This show failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom