• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nen's nearly always coherent and consistent, even when it's complicated.

...Togashi's not a great explainer, though.
So it's the opposite of Stands? Togashi does explain stuff poorly at times as evidenced by the last fight, which was the first Nen fight I have read.

caliph95

I still don't think
i understand Chrollo vs Hisoka
in HXH
Part 5 while dumb GE and KC is easy to understand it doesn't even have the dumbest stands

cntr

Banned
So it's the opposite of Stands? Togashi does explain stuff poorly at times as evidenced by the last fight, which was the first Nen fight I have read.
Araki works on intuition and explains things in a memorable way, but they fall apart if you think about it too hard, and Togashi works on strict logic and explains things really badly, but they'll always hold up to scrutiny.

cntr

Banned
Still need to catch up to the manga and that fight, tbh.
I actually haven't read the Election Arc.

I've forgotten most of it anyway, so maybe after the anime is over.

caliph95

Araki works on intuition and explains things in a memorable way, but they fall apart if you think about it too hard, and Togashi works on strict logic and explains things really badly, but they'll always hold up to scrutiny.
No idea what you are talking about
Weater report
makes complete sense and there are no inconsistent, forgotten powers and retcons in stands powers ever

It was amazing i just don't understand it a hundred percent
It just works.
No idea what you are talking about
Weater report
makes complete sense and there are no inconsistent, forgotten powers and retcons in stands powers ever
Gold Experience never does the same thing twice.
I know Jojo works on bullshit logic, but that never stops me from putting some kind of thought into it and going nuts in the process.

caliph95

It just works.

Gold Experience never does the same thing twice.
Remember when it has broken and useful powers like
damage that reflects back on the enemy and slows the enemy by just punching them
until it was conveniently forgotten because of how broken they are
I actually have an explanation for
adding interest
ready for when we get to that episode, lol.
There is a simple explanation for it and it's not really complicated they just didn't explain it well

adding interest
So like have any of you guys took out a loan from the bank and then keep forgetting to make your payments and then wonder why you owe more money than you're supposed to six months from now?
Remember when it has broken and useful powers like
damage that reflects back on the enemy and slows the enemy by just punching them
until it was conveniently forgotten because of how broken they are

There is a simple explanation for it and it's not really complicated they just didn't explain it well
Then he makes a new eye out of a fucking shirt button. "I give life to this..."
Shut the fuck up Giorno.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
adding interest

This power makes sense its just incredibly complicated and obtuse. I have a friend who is an accountant that laughed out loud when he came across that power.

cntr

Banned
It makes sense, but Togashi explains it especially badly. I had to think for a long while to figure out what he was saying. It is kind of hard to explain, though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It makes sense, but Togashi explains it especially badly. I had to think for a long while to figure out what he was saying. It is kind of hard to explain, though.

That was why I brought up the accountant part. Even he was like"This seems like an incredibly specific power even for this show. No one who isn't big into math or things like taxes and such is going to be able to easily understanding this"

Jarate

Banned
Sorry I havent been posting much, on vacation and havent seen the most recent Sam Jack so I didnt want to spoil myself pf anything

Moaradin

Hope it sticks!

815lezxv.jpg

given the popularity of story-based shows like Steven Universe, ATLA would probably do even better today than it did originally

Steven Universe is also 15 minutes long and I find that even though there is technically an overarching storyline, Sugar is afraid to make any true significant changes. Eventually everything returns to the status quo. I remember seeing so many promos for big Steven Universe events but they always just go back to living in Beach City and having whimsical adventures there. It's like it's a plot-driven show but it isn't.

cntr

Banned
You can have hope even if you know that only despair awaits you.

still one of my favorite dumb videos by the way

Steven Universe is also 15 minutes long and I find that even though there is technically an overarching storyline, Sugar is afraid to make any true significant changes. Eventually everything returns to the status quo. I remember seeing so many promos for big Steven Universe events but they always just go back to living in Beach City and having whimsical adventures there. It's like it's a plot-driven show but it isn't.
Fair.

is hunter x hunter good
Yes, but I can easily see why someone wouldn't like it.

Definitely one of the best power systems in manga, but it has some pretty...rough aspects.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
is hunter x hunter good

The world is all about moral relativism for the most part. Even our good guys, Leorio excluded, are murder babies. One is an assassin born and bred. The other is a poor Sasuke clone. The third is too dumb to know that murder is wrong. They all attempt to join an organization that has no problem with taking what you want when you want it, as long as you're willing to face the consequences. The HA might be government sanctioned in a way but it is a libertarian's wet dream.

The world is all about moral relativism for the most part. Even our good guys, Leorio excluded, are murder babies. One is an assassin born and bred. The other is a poor Sasuke clone. The third is too dumb to know that murder is wrong. They all attempt to join an organization that has no problem with taking what you want when you want it, as long as you're willing to face the consequences. The HA might be government sanctioned in a way but it is a libertarian's wet dream.

Technically Sasuke is a poor Kurapika clone

caliph95

Which is why you should vote for
Pariston
he will make Hunters great again

Though Leorio is the trump of the the election just a lot nicer

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope to the sweet lord above that we get to see all of HxH together. This show is a gift.

When One Piece was cancelled I was sad, but I could watch it anytime on Funimation Now.

With HxH this is the dub premiere and Viz releases shit slow so not only would I have to buy it on Blu-Ray but they'll probably take 5 years to get it all out.

When One Piece was cancelled I was sad, but I could watch it anytime on Funimation Now.

With HxH this is the dub premiere and Viz releases shit slow so not only would I have to buy it on Blu-Ray but they'll probably take 5 years to get it all out.

By then maybe we'd have 10 more chapters of the manga!

Moaradin

I hope to the sweet lord above that we get to see all of HxH together. This show is a gift.

I seriously might not watch the block anymore if HxH got One Piece'd. It's pretty much the pillar holding it all together for me right now, and the only reason I can sit through shows like Tokyo Ghoul and Unicorn.

But it shouldn't happen unless something really goes wrong. HxH is the most premiere dub on the block right now, when episodes airing are like 6 months ahead of the dvd and blu ray releases. Plus the entire show and more can fit in the episode count that One Piece ran for.

cntr

Banned
Unless Viz or Madhouse jack up the prices for some reason, I'm pretty sure they're going to keep Hunter x Hunter around until it's over.

Toonami doesn't have the budget to constantly get new shows, and they need reliable long runners like HxH. Especially after Kai ends next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom