• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Netflix show is based on Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse thus we get Trevor Belmont and all his companions and such. We also get Alucard as well and I assume a future season could quite literally be based directly on Symphony of the Night.

Oh and this is produced by the guy behind Dredd and is written by Warren Ellis of Transmetropolitan fame and I believe its being worked on by the Adventure Time people. Basically they got a dream team together and from the sounds of it Warren Ellis has been wanting to do this for a long long time and is a hardcore Castlevania fan.

Its also supposed to be pretty hard R from the sounds of it so I'm expecting this to be something like a spiritual successor to the old Spawn cartoon on HBO in some ways.

Xe4

Banned
I'm still surprised no studio has tried to adapt Jin Roh The Wolf Brigade. They could literally remake it scene for scene from the anime movie and have an excellent live action movie and it would resonate like crazy in this day and age especially, even if they white washed it.

Jin Roh is fairly obscure, even by anime fan standards. There's really no market for it like there is for Death Note or GitS. Also, an easy excuse for whitewashing would just be to say they're Germans instead of Japanese. Just change the names, and bam!

There were two live action Japanese films adapting the property as well, which I recall people saying were ehhh.

ckohler

MlCPdwl.jpg

Episode 58 "Reading Rainbow"
This week Grexeno, ckohler, BBboy20 and Imperial Bishop discuss Lupin, Back to the Future, DB family structures, too many Satans, YELLING!, Tokyo Bankai, Jet Black, what's in the box, and blasters.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode058.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:20 Lupin Joining the Block
0:12:52 Samurai Jack
0:20:51 Dragonball Super
0:28:58 Dragonball Z Kai
0:34:15 Attack on Titan Season 2
0:41:28 Tokyo Ghoul
0:50:52 Hunter x Hunter
0:55:35 Gundam Unicorn
1:00:30 Naruto Shippuden
1:06:13 Ghost in the Shell
1:06:50 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Episode 58 "Reading Rainbow"
This week Grexeno, ckohler, BBboy20 and Imperial Bishop discuss Lupin, Back to the Future, DB family structures, too many Satans, YELLING!, Tokyo Bankai, Jet Black, what's in the box, and blasters.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode058.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:20 Lupin Joining the Block
0:12:52 Samurai Jack
0:20:51 Dragonball Super
0:28:58 Dragonball Z Kai
0:34:15 Attack on Titan Season 2
0:41:28 Tokyo Ghoul
0:50:52 Hunter x Hunter
0:55:35 Gundam Unicorn
1:00:30 Naruto Shippuden
1:06:13 Ghost in the Shell
1:06:50 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

The cover image is better than I imagined. lol

Reminder that Samurai Jack used to host Reading Rainbow.

The episode where Aku reads fairy tales to kids is the closest we'll ever get to a crossover.

Okay I know this is a little late but I kinda feel as if a father and daughter relationship between Jack and Ashi would've worked better imo and don't get me wrong I'm not against Jashi but I don't know I felt as if Ashi became a little too emotional stable I mean 3 episodes ago she was basically naked Laura

cntr

Banned
The way I see it: Season 5 fell apart after the first half. The first half sets up a Berserk-like personal conflict with Jack, a character arc with Ashi, the danger of Scaramouche getting to Aku, and the Scotsman. The second half drops all of that.

It's like they changed their mind on what the story was actually about half way through. It reminded me of Kill la Kill, which...isn't a comparison I was expecting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, I greatly prefer the first 6 or 7 episodes to the last few. Which if you know me is a very odd thing to say as I generally prefer comedy/romance to depressing edgy action stuff.

My attitude towards Ashi is she basically fell into the same situation Jack found himself in. Like Jack, she was completely ignorant of the world she found herself in. She was raised with the sole focus on killing someone, and like Jack, she failed in her attempt, and it kind of broke her as a result. The only difference is, Ashi broke for the better, growing as a person, while Jack lost himself.

With all those similarities, I'm not bothered by Jack and Ashi being together.

Morlas

naff? well anyway i'd say i can see where people have problems with it but i enjoyed pretty much everything about that season.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reminder that the Toonami panel at Momocon is tomorrow at 8:30 p.m. Eastern, 5:30 Pacific.

I'm guessing someone will be live-tweeting it, so I'll keep an eye out tomorrow.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 won't be at E3 this year.

If you listen closely, you can hear my innocence and hope dying every time I have to say that.

HStallion

Beyond Good and Evil 2 won't be at E3 this year.

If you listen closely, you can hear my innocence and hope dying every time I have to say that.

Its never happening. At least we've seen screenshots from Wild so we know that at least is still in development and that sounds stupid ambitious all things considered.

HStallion

One thing I've been wondering is, if we see a new Devil May Cry at E3, how is Capcom gonna screw it up?

I wanna believe. Hell, my rapping sensei taught me I have to believe.

parappa-11.png

And you've got a poorly mismanaged kickstarter campaign for a rapping rabbit that will most likely not come close to meeting its goal. See what believing gets you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom