• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Not much narration for that one.

I think next week is where the 99 anime ended. I just know it ended on a certain scene.

I wonder what phone company Hisoka uses. Kurapika gonna jump off that ledge. Don't do t, bro! Man God isn't worth taking that leap! Time for Gundam: Unicorn.

TheOGB

Banned
Maybe it's because the ED is usually hype af but that last line by the narrator just killed me
4tCIK.gif
4tCIK.gif
4tCIK.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, if this ends with the phantom troupe actually getting away & we just move to a different arc, that would be amazing.

Quoting self.

To go into more detail about how the 1999 anime ended, it had the Phantom Troupe fake their deaths as seen here, then in the post credits scene, it's revealed that the bodies are fake.

The arc was concluded in a series of OVAs. Funnily, the OP for it includes a section where Kurapika is happily running with the others until he realizes the Troupe aren't actually dead, which he isn't given an opportunity to do in the actual course of the story. Here's the OP, but NOTE that though there aren't any major spoilers, it does indicate which Troupe members get focus in the rest of the arc.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not much narration for that one.

I think next week is where the 99 anime ended. I just know it ended on a certain scene.

This episode was basically the equivalent. The thing you're referring to is probably
what Hisoka was just doing there at the very end of this episode
, which I guess will technically come up next week.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Madhouse gave up every pretense of HxH being a family friendly show at the beginning of this arc, lol.

Yea, there's no way they could get away with being family friendly considering what's coming. I mean, if you think this shit has been dark...oh boy has Togashi got an arc for you...

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I don't believe we ever get an explanation for how Hisoka made that dudes arm's turn into butterflies or whatever when we first really meet him.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Funny thing in Japan, it wasn't even until half way through
the Chimera Ant Arc
that the station finally pushed Hunter x Hunter to late at night rather than as part of their morning broadcast. :p

What shows was HxH even airing alongside? Kids must have been getting fucked up at some of the stuff that goes down.

cntr

Banned
What shows was HxH even airing alongside? Kids must have been getting fucked up at some of the stuff that goes down.
Man, HxH is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the fucked up shit that's ran in Jump.

Japan is way less bothered by violence in kids shows, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom