• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
For sure, he serves the role of both being an unlikeable perv, and having someone acknowledge that most of the female characters wear sexy skin tight outfits as super heroes.
That doesn't really count if they're not actually ever portrayed as being skin tight, though. Despite it being a superhero manga.

The students in the class are based on school archetypes, and he's the unlikable creepy guy. That's all there is to it. You guys are making the series sound way weirder than it is out of context.

Eeeh, I guess the only thing that's making me watch it this year is Scorpio & the fact I'll actually be able to catch it this year. I have a Switch & PS4, meaning I pretty much can get all the games I want, but considering I do have a 360, maybe something will convince me to eventually get a X1 as well. Plus it'll just keep me up to date & inform my friend who has a X1 but will most likely sell it & keep his PS4 since he needs some money.

I stopped watching because I realized there was pretty much nothing that appealed to me, & the only announcement over the last two years that had any interest to me was Rare Replay.
Huh, ouch. Didn't think the X1 was doing that badly.

Do people still call it the "Xbone"?

Grexeno

There's a new Toonami Showdown up:

https://soundcloud.com/toonamishowdown/showdown014<q class="ytm_descr ytm_block" data-full="This week, we talk about ENSIGNRIDDHE, Jaco's nudity, and this prospective Cowboy Bebop TV series.

Music:
"Black Hole Megamix" by Jason DeMarco" title="Click to toggle the length of the description.">This week, we talk about ENSIGNRIDDHE, Jaco's nudity, and this prospective Cowboy Bebop TV series.

Music:
"Black Hole Megamix" by . . .
I was on this one too.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Mineta is actually from a Junji Ito manga

hqdefault.jpg

That doesn't really count if they're not actually ever portrayed as being skin tight, though. Despite it being a superhero manga.

The students in the class are based on school archetypes, and he's the unlikable creepy guy. That's all there is to it. You guys are making the series sound way weirder than it is out of context.

And like a creep should, he has by far the least amount of friends in the classroom. Still the best Hero name of the class.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, ouch. Didn't think the X1 was doing that badly.
I think in 2014, I came to the conclusion that Microsoft just doesn't make exclusives that appeal to me in comparison to Sony & their 3rd party content. I think I got a 360 since, along with being the system most of my online friends had, had a more appealing digital library compared to PSN at the time & Microsoft made much more of an effort to get Japanese developers on, meaning more JRPGs & such, plus I could play the few Xbox games I cared about (mainly JSR Future) on it as well.

At least with PS360, there was a good variety of exclusives to warrant owning both, but now, the only games I truly want on X1 are Rare Replay & Sunset Overdrive. Maybe Dead Rising 3 & 4, but I can live without playing them.

cntr

Banned
What the fuck is the deal with the floating whale charging in the AOT opening?
Imagine an alternate version of Attack on Titan, where instead of titans, you have dinosaurs. With Dino Shifters, humans who can transform into dinosaurs.

I want that.

I think in 2014, I came to the conclusion that Microsoft just doesn't make exclusives that appeal to me in comparison to Sony & their 3rd party content. I think I got a 360 since, along with being the system most of my online friends had, had a more appealing digital library compared to PSN at the time & Microsoft made much more of an effort to get Japanese developers on, meaning more JRPGs & such, plus I could play the few Xbox games I cared about (mainly JSR Future) on it as well.

At least with PS360, there was a good variety of exclusives to warrant owning both, but now, the only games I truly want on X1 are Rare Replay & Sunset Overdrive. Maybe Dead Rising 3 & 4, but I can live without playing them.
Yeah same, I can think of a lot of things I associate with Nintendo and Sony, especially Nintendo, but not really for Microsoft. Halo, at best.

Wonder if they'll shift to focusing on PC gaming...probably something that's been debated to death already.

Microsoft made much more of an effort to get Japanese developers on, meaning more JRPGs & such, plus I could play the few Xbox games I cared about (mainly JSR Future) on it as well.

Its not that Microsoft hasn't made the effort, its that Japan wants nothing to do with the Xbox. SONY has the entire country under their spell and developers in that region flock to them because they are the dominant HD console, with Nintendo being second.

Nothing Microsoft can do other then try to convince JP developers to port their titles over to the XBO in other regions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Its not that Microsoft hasn't made the effort, its that Japan wants nothing to do with the Xbox. SONY has the entire country under their spell and developers in that region flock to them because they are the dominant HD console, with Nintendo being second.

Nothing Microsoft can do other then try to convince JP developers to port their titles over to the XBO in other regions.
I should've maybe worded that better, but yes, what you said is right. Most of the games I grew up playing were made by companies developing mainly for Nintendo &/or Sony systems, so they're likely to stick with those consoles, hence my preference.

I also understand that Microsoft knows what its demographic mainly wants & I just don't fall in that demographic.

Tonight's episode of AOT is great. Watch it.

Also, I don't remember who posted the official theme of Bobby Roode, but I can't stop listening to it...

Seda

So I am moved into my new apartment and have my cable/internet login.

Is there any trick to getting the Adult Swim simulcast page to work

Moaradin

Hmm I just get an endless loading circle in Chrome and Firefox. Seems to work in Internet Explorer though! (shrug)

Only it seems my online account takes 24-48 hours to fully activate so I'll have to tune in next week. I still have to catch up on last week anyway.

Not sure if you caught this last week, but I have a guest account you could use if you wanted to watch.

Imagine an alternate version of Attack on Titan, where instead of titans, you have dinosaurs. With Dino Shifters, humans who can transform into dinosaurs.

I want that.
I would honestly prefer that. Fits better with the 'Kaiju' motif.

Or maybe
Invisible Zombies

Morlas

been thinking about the Guardian, since he was around for Eons guarding the portal wouldn't that mean he's still around when Jack gets back to the past...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
been thinking about the Guardian, since he was around for Eons guarding the portal wouldn't that mean he's still around when Jack gets back to the past...

He might not even come into existence without Jack going to the future as that portal seemed to exist for him and only him to use.

Morlas

Also i want a special that's just the Guardian fighting all sorts of different opponents that ends on his encounter with jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom