• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I usually like anime that're not very anime, especially western-influenced ones. It's hard to find ones that are.

But it's pretty easy for manga, which is why manga is infinitely better than anime.

context please?
He's fanservicing Sarada, who's literally 11.

Moaradin

00icgPA.png

Yeah, it's pretty gross. Thankfully, the anime is completely ignoring these designs (and has much better art).

caliph95

I usually like anime that're not very anime, especially western-influenced ones. It's hard to find ones that are.

But it's pretty easy for manga, which is why manga is infinitely better than anime.

He's fanservicing Sarada, who's literally 11.
........................ugh

at least if she was a teenager you can excuse it for being pandering to its demographic but ugh

Morlas

seriously if there's one thing i can't really knock Kishimoto for it's his character designs are at least practical maybe barring Naruto's use of bright orange, none of the Kunoichi wore freaking stripper heels when he was writing it, even the "sexy" ones like Anko oh what should i have these 12 year old ninja girls wear? oh i know short skirts and super high heels, those are totally what a ninja would wear.

Like look at this dope shit:
She's a very well designed character, this hack Ikemoto just opted to fuck it up and drag her down a path she wasn't supposed to be going down anyway. Just mix in some of that Uchiha edge and she's perfect.

Line_HTX

Erica Mendez‏ @tsunderica 26m26 minutes ago

I voice Mash in Fate/Grand Order: First Order. It's premiering at Anime Expo!

DB-tNN_VoAACEhZ.jpg

DB-tNODUQAQTs9n.jpg

Yuuki from SAO 2.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Didn't realize Gon was voiced by a woman but I don't pay attention to many of the VA's in an English dub unless its one of those who always has a familiar voice *cough Steve Blum *cough*

caliph95

Didn't realize Gon was voiced by a woman but I don't pay attention to many of the VA's in an English dub unless its one of those who always has a familiar voice *cough Steve Blum *cough*
Rule of thumb in anime if its a kid not in their teens its a female voice actress

Crocodile

1) RIP Adam West

2) I agree that Moe tropes are the worst

3) E3 is starting early this year no? Was their Saturday conferences last year?

4) LOL wut @ Sarada's design in the manga. The heels are the worst part >_<

Kind of weird to realize that Yorknew's ending in a few weeks. It's faster paced than I remembered.

If I remember right, tonight's HxH is pretty good?

As a HxH neophyte this is hard to believe. Almost the entire Troupe is still alive. This arc must not be ending how I thought it would.

Morlas

Because using a male kid as a VA doesn't always work out since the voice changes a lot and they can't make them sound the same, luckily Zack Callison found a better Voice for Steven Eventually.

caliph95

I guess since luffy is very childlike both Japanese and English have a female voice actress for it. It fits for him to have a kids voice and i can't imagine otherwise
Because using a male kid as a VA doesn't always work out since the voice changes a lot and they can't make them sound the same, luckily Zack Callison found a better Voice for Steven Eventually.
How does he sound so young

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well I mean Gon and Killua do grow up during the run of HxH so their voices probably would be changing anyways but I can understand.

00icgPA.png

Yeah, it's pretty gross. Thankfully, the anime is completely ignoring these designs (and has much better art).

Which is especially weird because when you think about it, outside of the Sexy Jutsu (which even then was more used for the sake of comedy), Kishimoto actually avoided inserting fanservice. You'd think his assistant would stick to that trend.

caliph95

Which is especially weird because when you think about it, outside of the Sexy Jutsu (which even then was more used for the sake of comedy), Kishimoto actually avoided inserting fanservice. You'd think his assistant would stick to that trend.
and Tsunade though its very tame but yeah idk why have it for a kid

I actually think there are more female voice regulars than males in HxH, not sure though. Gon, Killua and Kurapika are females, Matt Mercer is the only male voiced main that I can think. Sure a lot of males pop up but they're not really series mainstays outside of the Troupe.

cntr

Banned
yeah oda does a lot of fanservice, but at least he doesn't put prepubescent ninja girls in stripper heels.
Oda's already bad with fanservice, but thank god and buddha for that.

I guess since luffy is very childlike both Japanese and English have a female voice actress for it. It fits for him to have a kids voice and i can't imagine otherwise
Helps that his Japanese VA manages to sound masculine at appropriate moments.

caliph95

I actually think there are more female voice regulars than males in HxH, not sure though. Gon, Killua and Kurapika are females, Matt Mercer is the only male voiced main that I can think. Sure a lot of males pop up but they're not really series mainstays outside of the Troupe.
i wish
anyway thait is interesting and never thought about it also hisoka's Keith if he counts

Well I mean Gon and Killua do grow up during the run of HxH so their voices probably would be changing anyways but I can understand.
I think the only way those two get new voices is if they do either a time skip or they bring back the anime and they run into an Aaron Dismuke situation where he hit puberty.
i wish
anyway thait is interesting and never thought about it also hisoka's Keith if he counts
I keep forgetting Hisoka is a bit of a regular. I love Keith's Hisoka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom