• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

though if we wanna talk worldbuilding Oda's got all of them beat, that's part of the reason why One Piece is still going strong.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
My eyeballs will defeat your eyeballs because I stole these eyeballs from another guy whose eyeballs were even more eyeballier than my original eyeballs and once you're beaten I'll take your eyeballs for my eyeball collection. Eyeballs!

I think the only way those two get new voices is if they do either a time skip or they bring back the anime and they run into an Aaron Dismuke situation where he hit puberty.

Gon and Killua are voiced by adult women in both the original and the dub, so any recasting is unlikely. Even if the characters grow older I don't think it's likely. I know Goku and Naruto both kept their original female voice actresses, even after becoming adults.

cntr

Banned
I really liked how they handled all the niche characters, like the Blue Beetle. Best version of Aquaman, too.

Also, that goddamn musical episode.

Chase17

A way out looks neat. Battlefront 2 is a very pretty game. Glad that sports games are getting story modes though I don't think I'll be playing them anytime soon. The Bioware teaser didn't really do anything for me.

Also lol at the NBA live comeback attempt.

Though I only had it on in the background.

As bad as the art is in the boruto manga the story has been very enjoyable

Also Mineta is hilarious comic relief in mha though I totally get why people don't like him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also Mineta is hilarious comic relief in mha though I totally get why people don't like him.
Considering he usually gets his comeuppance, other characters aren't really fond of him as well, & has one or two times where he's actually useful/someone makes use of his sticky ball quirk, I can tolerate him, but yeah, understandable why he's not liked, though I would argue he wasn't meant to be a likable character in the first place.

Also, probably the first time in a few years I'll bother with the Xbox press conference. Didn't watch it last year, & just glanced over live tweets during 2014. I had to remind myself that I did see it in 2013 just because of X1 details like release date & price.

cntr

Banned
Considering he usually gets his comeuppance, other characters aren't really fond of him as well, & has one or two times where he's actually useful/someone makes use of his sticky ball quirk, I can tolerate him, but yeah, understandable why he's not liked, though I would argue he wasn't meant to be a likable character in the first place.
Yeah, nah, he's not meant to be likable. The manga pulls this off better, as I've said.

Also, probably the first time in a few years I'll bother with the Xbox press conference. Didn't watch it last year, & just glanced over live tweets during 2014. I had to remind myself that I did see it in 2013 just because of X1 details like release date & price.
Expecting anything interesting to happen? Haven't really been keeping up with gaming news in...forever, pretty much.

Grexeno

Tonight on Toonami, the Daughters of Aku close in on Jack, Frieza's forces arrive on Earth but even without Goku the Z Fighters are formidable opponents for the galactic emperor's forces, the tinge of darkness in Vegeta's heart catches the attention of Dabura and Babidi turns his magic on the prince of all Saiyans, Eren throws down with the Armored Titan, Touka's brother crashes the party at Anteiku and Kaneki finds himself in a world of trouble as Jason tries to finish the job on Rize, Kurapika meets up with Gon and Killua and ponders his purpose going forward in a world without the Phantom Troupe, Banagher and Riddhe attempt to stop the colony laser from destroying Magallanica in Gundam Unicorn's grand finale, Pain's assault continues and even Konohamaru is forced to join the action, and Section 9 is tasked with protecting the Chinese vice foreign minister whose controversial visit to Kagoshima has attracted the attention of a would-be assassin.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 21 - The Start of Vengeance! The Frieza Force's Malice Strikes Gohan
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 54 - XCIII
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 21 - The Start of Vengeance! The Frieza Force's Malice Strikes Gohan
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 120 - A Heart of Evil Awakened: Vegeta, Prince of Destruction
12:30 - Attack on Titan - 32 - Close Combat
1:00 - Tokyo Ghoul - 10 - Aogiri
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 54 - Fortunes × Aren't × Right?
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 22 - Return - END
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 161 - Surname Is Sarutobi. Given Name, Konohamaru!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 18 - LOST HERITAGE

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Expecting anything interesting to happen? Haven't really been keeping up with gaming news in...forever, pretty much.
Eeeh, I guess the only thing that's making me watch it this year is Scorpio & the fact I'll actually be able to catch it this year. I have a Switch & PS4, meaning I pretty much can get all the games I want, but considering I do have a 360, maybe something will convince me to eventually get a X1 as well. Plus it'll just keep me up to date & inform my friend who has a X1 but will most likely sell it & keep his PS4 since he needs some money.

I stopped watching because I realized there was pretty much nothing that appealed to me, & the only announcement over the last two years that had any interest to me was Rare Replay.

For sure, he serves the role of both being an unlikeable perv, and having someone acknowledge that most of the female characters wear sexy skin tight outfits as super heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom