• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Gundam would be better off without Newtype bullshit

Or at least lean more into it and make your show a Super Robot show ala G Gundam/TTGL?

Animation and Music for this show were on point but otherwise..........meh

Xe4

Banned
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not the worst ending imaginable. I feel like if I knew Gundam lore it would be better, but it kind of goes in one ear and out the other.
Time for Naruto. Kind of actually looking forward to this episode, if it's the same quality as last.

cntr

Banned
Gundam would be better off without Newtype bullshit

Or at least lean more into it and make your show a Super Robot show ala G Gundam?

Animation and Music for this show were on point but otherwise..........meh
Oddly enough, G Gundam's one of the few timelines without an equivalent of newtypes.

So is IBO, for that matter.

ckohler

One of the highest quality shows I've seen that I gave zero shit about. Impeccable animation and soundtrack. Completely boring.

Xe4

Banned
One of the highest quality shows I've seen that I gave zero shit about. Impeccable animation and soundtrack. Completely boring.

The production values were fucking insane, that's for sure. Shit on the story and characters all you want (and I do), this show was top notch in pretty much every other respect.

So I've been thinking about how to save the story of Kingdom Hearts.

The first time Xehanort shows up in 3, Donald just pulls out a gun and shoots him.

Crocodile

Oddly enough, G Gundam's one of the few timelines without an equivalent of newtypes.

So is IBO, for that matter.

Oh I know I was just saying if you're going to have characters with super powers running around in your mecha show - lean into so that your show becomes a super Robot Show. Ala TTGL with its Spiral Energy and Getter Robo with its Getter Rays. Whatever........that was isn't working >_<

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Was Naked Banageher Baby basically ready to give up the ghost, only to have his father remind him "Naaa dude, you gotta girl! Go do stuff with her and stuff!"? Because... it's not like hearing Riddhe screaming at a person would make you wanna stay around.

cntr

Banned
Cyborgs are a lot more acceptable writing-wise than psychics, imo. Allenby and Mika might be equivalents of cyber-newtypes, but that doesn't really matter if they have no normal newtypes, and they're a lot more restrained in terms of ability as a result.

Xe4

Banned
Lets kill all the momentum we built last episode by focusing on fucking kids.
The only worse thing they could've focused on is Naruto. Him being taught by that frog guy was the best thing that could've happened to this arc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cyborgs are a lot more acceptable writing-wise than psychics, imo. Allenby and Mika might be equivalents of cyber-newtypes, but that doesn't really matter if they have no normal newtypes, and they're a lot more restrained in terms of ability as a result.
George is super moody and has telepathic control of funnels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom