• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I'm thinking about it the funnier that ending to that Jack episode is becoming. Still wish the rest of it was re-worked a bit though.

RagnarokX

Chi-Chi IS amazing.

How the fuck does one adjust to this shit, let alone learn to be okay with it?

Well, she found a way.

Well, she's not adjusting. She's the daughter of the Ox King and went on adventures with Goku when they were kids. But now she wants to settle down and have her family have a normal life and puts on the nagging act to make them obey.

bigkrev

Let it Die came out 6 months ago

Then again, Rocket Leauge is sponsoring the next WWE PPV so I guess advertising old games is the in thing now

I don't really give a shit about power levels and stuff. I'll agree about what happens in the Buu Saga but that's really just because everything done with him beforehand in that arc ended up being a transparent waste of my time because of it.

That's the one thing I've never been able to get over when it comes to how people usually see this series. If you're not strong, your "ruined" or trash no matter how admirable your actual qualities as a person are. Not saying that's entirely what you're doing but I see it all the time and it's annoying.

Like, my favorite character is probably Yajirobe and it's because he makes me laugh. Could give less of a shit about how strong he is.

i think the issue is that Dragon Ball stories are structured around the idea that the people who are strong are the people who matter so if you fall behind that basically means you're gonna get marginalized.

Gohan becoming a scholar isn't necessarily the issue, it's that being a scholar means he participates that much less in the plot.

Moaradin

Let it Die came out 6 months ago

Then again, Rocket Leauge is sponsoring the next WWE PPV so I guess advertising old games is the in thing now

Rocket League is huge now. Let it Die is the last thing I'd expect to see commercials for, especially 6 months in.

Well, she's not adjusting. She's the daughter of the Ox King and went on adventures with Goku when they were kids. But now she wants to settle down and have her family have a normal life and puts on the nagging act to make them obey.

Right.

Being also insane in your own right helps.

To be fair, everyone is weird as a kid. Chichi just incorrectly assumed Goku would grow up to be normal. But that brain damage he suffered as a baby must have really been bad cuz even PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS MUST DEFEAT KAKAROT is an adult.

AT says it's a Saiyan thing and they don't have a concept of family.

caliph95

Samurai Jack
"Somethings poking me"
oh god it's hapenning isn't it
"the temperature is rising"
*meet cute music*
oh no
*Fighting starts* oh thank god
more awkward moments
whelp it's happening

cntr

Banned
well hey, My Hero Academia has a non-zero chance of having properly done dating romance, so maybe we'll get a show with a real relationship years down the line. Maybe.

Sign me up to the Adult Gohan being cool train too. Same goes for Krillin and all the other Z-Fighters.

i think the issue is that Dragon Ball stories are structured around the idea that the people who are strong are the people who matter so if you fall behind that basically means you're gonna get marginalized.

Gohan becoming a scholar isn't necessarily the issue, it's that being a scholar means he participates that much less in the plot.
this is true too

Morlas

the latest arc in super is doing a lot about that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
AT says it's a Saiyan thing and they don't have a concept of family.
Intact toriyama says that vegeta's line is Tue only lineage that had any real contact of family, gokus family also sorta has a family thing in that they're nicer than other saiyans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom