• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That entire back half of that episode was impressive as hell. Quick and clever brainwork and footwork FTW. Nobunaga has a lot of explaining to do when the others get back. Not sure how Gon & Killua are going to level up quick enough to take on the Phantom Troupe but I'm sure they will find some shonen bullshit way LOL

Oh ye of little faith.

cntr

Banned
Gon's an idiot, but he's not an idiot in the sense that Naruto is an idiot.

Like breaking through the walls, that's simple and straight-forward, but it's genuinely not obvious, so it works.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh ye of little faith.

Seriously, when has this show ever done the "shonen bullshit" thing lol.

You can say "Kurapika's ability" but:

1. It wasn't pulled out of his ass when we was getting a huge beatdown, which is the usual stupid shonen trope.

2. He had done a hell of a lot of research on the Troupe going into the fight.

3. The ability completely gelled with what we'd learn of Nen and contracts until that point. The only wild card was his eyes, and that was positioned as a surprise, but it kept the fight engaging at least (both seeming to have the upper hand at various points.)

great

i literally just slept through hunter x hunter

i hate tokyo ghoul

Don't we all.

A nice tip: play a game or masturbate for 30 min. Do ANYTHING until it's time for HxH. Such a shame Tokyo Ghoul doesn't put me to sleep because I'm wide awake to witness that trainwreck.

1. It wasn't pulled out of his ass when we was getting a huge beatdown, which is the usual stupid shonen trope.

3. The ability completely gelled with what we'd learn of Nen and contracts until that point. The only wild card was his eyes, and that was positioned as a surprise, but it kept the fight engaging at least (both seeming to have the upper hand at various points.)

Naruto burned them so many times that they can't let their guard down. lol

Crocodile

Oh shit a black guy!

I didn't mean to slight HxH. If I'm wrong I'm wrong - so be it. It may be excellent shonen but its still shonen, I'm allowed to be a bit skeptical :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom