• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
We should get My Hero Academia on Toonami.

Would be a fun group watch.
The first season would be pretty rough. Season 2's a lot better, but it's slow pacing-wise too. And both seasons botch some of the best aspects of the manga, though that's mostly me being bitter.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh shit a black guy!

I didn't mean to slight HxH. If I'm wrong I'm wrong - so beat it. It may be excellent shonen but its still shonen, I'm allowed to be a bit skeptical :p

I actually don't know what I'd call HxH. Broadly, it is shonen, but I feel like each arc can be its own genre entirely. I definitely wouldn't call this arc shonen, for example.

And fair enough. :p

Raxus

Agreed. It looks great. Is hype. Has good music and it's fun. I REALLY hope we get it.
Reading the reactions in the anime thread has me cackling like a mad man. Shit is going to hit that thread like a truck. I remember reading a few of those fights and losing my marbles at how good they looked.

So apparently the PS4 version of Prey has a nasty case of input delay.

I don't understand how that is such a consistent issue this generation.

Xe4

Banned
I don't think it's a horrible show or anything. It's just that everything is so middling, I feel like I have nothing to talk about. I kind of wished it was horrible like TG, so I could laugh at it.

I feel like it's a show for Gundam fans, which I certainly am not. Good production values tho.

I'll keep watching, but won't comment much on these two shows (this and Naruto), cause I'll be reading Y: The Last Man instead. Cause priorities.

So apparently the PS4 version of Prey has a nasty case of input delay.

I don't understand how that is such a consistent issue this generation.

It's a CryEngine thing. I really think Prey is a great game, but you probably shouldn't get it for the PS4 lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually don't know what I'd call HxH. Broadly, it is shonen, but I feel like each arc can be its own genre entirely. I definitely wouldn't call this arc shonen, for example.

And fair enough. :p

This arc always felt like "what would happen if we put shonen leads in a seinen manga?" to me.

Raxus

Fair.

My Hero Academia is one of those series that must be read in manga form.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get Mob later this year.
I like the recent adaptation ok thanks to music and little touches to character animation.

Though you miss out on the AMAZING paneling coming up.

cntr

Banned
The second season of My Hero Academia is great and hype, but the manga is something special in a way that the anime simply doesn't live up to.

Remember that discussion last thread about how FMA Brotherhood didn't convey the tone of the manga properly? It's like that, but amplified.

Moaradin

The second season of My Hero Academia is great and hype, but the manga is something special in a way that the anime simply doesn't live up to.

Remember that discussion from last thread about how FMA Brotherhood didn't convey the tone of the manga properly? It's like that, but amplified.

There's strengths and weaknesses to both mediums. The MHA anime is great on it's own for its incredible OST and great little touches with character animation, etc. I think most people can agree that it's a good adaption and definitely a step above most shonen manga adaptions.

cntr

Banned
I have a sneaking suspicion that Unicorn took its dialogue word for word from the novel it's adapted from.

There's strengths and weaknesses to both mediums. The MHA anime is great on it's own for its incredible OST and great little touches with character animation, etc. I think most people can agree that it's a good adaption and definitely a step above most shonen manga adaptions.
Fair. I really much prefer the balance the manga takes, though.

Crocodile

Dude is so racist against Newtypes that figuring out he is one is triggering him. Pity pity

As an aside, have they actually revealed what Laplaza's Box is yet?

ckohler

He's a Newtype?!

giphy.gif

I am officially checked out with regards to this show. I'm watching the FEH download screen instead. Gonna reroll till I get me a Chrom. Time for Naruto Shippuden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom