• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

Damn it I cant go anywhere without people talking about smash wii u, it sucks being poor and only having a 3ds ;-; but what should I expect smash is like the biggest thing in gaming.
And rightly so. It's practically a gaming event that happens once every generation.

Line_HTX

Interstellar

Pretty good film. Would rewatch again for McConaughey and the emotional impact of gravitational time dilation. Once again Hans Zimmer delivers on the music. This time there were no explosive BWONGS and I love the incoporation of the organ. The organ brought a nice effect on certain scenes and kind of reminded me of the sound of Bach's organ pieces except in different chords. Hans Zimmer is da God.

Gurren Lagann

Ahh, I forgot about the air kick to the face and Boota diving. I remember I didn't like this episode initially, but looking back, when "Chad"-genome flaunted that cape, I was like OH, THIS IS ON and felt like the setup before
the continuous craziness of hype and tears
. Also, not enough closeups of Nia's face.

+___+

Inuyasha: The Final Act

Was it really confirmed that the episode was sped up by 10%? Man, that would probably explain why Goryomaru and Moryomaru spoke unusually fast. It sounded like they were in a hurry that they had no time to speak. IIRC in the old Adult Swim Action only the Ending themes were played at their normal speed while there was no opening. I guess this was to fit the opening in while still having the same amount of commercial air time.

As for the plot pacing of the first episode... This felt like me playing Gran Turismo 5 a couple of years ago and using the Red Bull X2011 Prototype to go 440 km/hr down the long straightaways of Circuit de la Sarthe. It was like heelturn-ception all over the place. I remember Kagura wanted to be free from Naraku. I thought that Hakudoshi was the spawn with the heart because of the shield, so at first I was confused as to why he would want to kill Naraku as well, but it turns out the one with the real Naraku's heart was the other spawn? Need an explanation please Mike. As for the end, I hope they explain those monks with Kikiyo and PLEASE slow down the pacing! Also, I'm sorry if I didn't feel a little cringe for Miroku when Sango and Kohaku had their reunion. It didn't help that Shippo was like "Sorry Miroku, this is onee-chan loves little brother and you can't do anything about it."
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

My Funny Valentine

Strangely enough, I never saw this episode before. Great development for Faye, and she always looks good despite being frozen for 54 years. :p That Wendee Lee voice is simply the best at those adult characters.

That Faye tableflip gif is going to be very useful for
Sword Art Online II

Pu-239

Another one where I missed and never saw it. Kazundo Gouda is a pure troll. The whole canister was empty and the actual package was being delivered by sea. He just made fools out of Section 9 with those needless refugee deaths in addition to the empty canister. I still don't remember or understand the motivations of Gouda or the refugees and why they are refugees to begin with. =/

Stripes

Roger and Angel should've kissed IMO. LOL at Roger's nightmares and BARCODES! TOMATOES! What do they mean! Damn those European Union people! Rewatching these episodes are so much fun because I see something new or remind myself of the meaning of each episode, except for the Beck ones.

AoT news...

94d82784afc52a331657f7707318ba7a1416629169_full.jpg

The anime director Tetsuro Araki is on the far right, and y'all can guess who the other three are. That Wall Maria cake though...

2016... I HOPE that they have better pre-production preparation and not suffer the same weird crap from all the horror stories I've heard from other people that watched the broadcast version. I thought they would start at Fall 2015, but this confirmation gives them more time to plan things out. I hope this gets the Space Dandy treatment of airing the dub on Toonami roughly around the same time as the JP broadcast.

Why do you people call Wall Sina "Wall Cena?"

MikeMyers

I thought that Hakudoshi was the spawn with the heart because of the shield, so at first I was confused as to why he would want to kill Naraku as well, but it turns out the one with the real Naraku's heart was the other spawn?

Naraku originally removed his heart in the Band of Seven arc of the first TV anime so Onigumo's heart wouldn't prevent him from attacking Kikyo. The emotional parts of his heart were left in Mt. Hakurei (where the Band of Seven arc took place), and the physical manifestion became the infant, who has a will of its own. During a battle with a priest, the Infant was later split into two, Hakudoshi and the small baby, with the latter being the link to Naraku's lifeline and also the one hiding in Mōryōmaru.

2016 AoT s2 is fine with me, will give them another 12 chapters of content to work with so that they don't have to panic mode into a 1:1 pacing half way into the season

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"See guys, if you just remain positive, then the shows you want will happen! How do you think we were able to get Hellsing Ultimate 9 & 10, not to mention get Toonami back on Dish!"

Remember, they blew their budget this year :p Movie night's not expected to be the best this year.

GASP, if One Piece keeps it's full OP tonight, Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star is possibly saved!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One man's trash is another man's treasure. I think it's one of the better One Piece OPs.
Crazy Rainbow gets a lot of hate because it preemptively ended one of the fan favorite openings, Brand New World. It also is rather generic and spends most of the animation going over all the characters who have nothing to do in the arc. Which is fine now but in 2007 the fanbase was sick of it.

Now the Crazy Rainbow edit that shoehorns in the two singers? That's the worst opening ever.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Remember, they blew their budget this year :p Movie night's not expected to be the best this year.

GASP, if One Piece keeps it's full OP tonight, Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star is possibly saved!
True to be told, I'm worried about what it means if One Piece keeps being allowed to run for two extra minutes. Makes me wonder if they plan on pushing OP to the later timeslots with the other longer running shows.

Line_HTX

Bryce Papenbrook acting for Kirito-chan...

"Cheer for me guyz~! <3"

*Looks up Cena*

Oh, that's where it came from. He seems like a cool dude. I don't follow wrestling so I don't know much about this stuff lol. Lesnar is a perfect fit for the Armored.

I would love it if Toonami plays more retro music vids.

Aviator shades on after 1 AM aww yiss.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Eren and friends begin their training to become Titan chum, Goku and Piccolo go all out to try to take down Raditz, Yamato's team decides to read a book instead of doing something productive and Orochimaru's group arrives at his lair, this week we tackle recaps for Zoro and Usopp but that's ok because afterwards we get a special interview with the original East Blue crewmembers, Team Dai-Gurren is closing in on Teppelin but before they can approach the capital they'll have to deal with a really pissed off Cytomander and Guame, Kagura tries to free herself from Naraku's control for good but she may be playing right into the trollmaster's hands, Starrk makes a last stand, Dandy goes all Wacky Races on us, Jet's past catches up with him as he teams with an old partner, everybody in the North converges on the mining town of Baschool and all hell breaks loose, Section 9 splits their attention between the Individual Eleven case and a former GSDA officer linked to a shooting, Alex shows off Big Fau, and finally Jack finds himself in a giant mecha series.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 3 - A Dim Light Amid Despair: Humanity's Comeback, Part 1
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 3 - A Life or Death Battle! Goku and Piccolo's Desperate Attack!
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 46 - The Unfinished Page
1:00 - One Piece - 280 - The Ways of Men! Zoro's Techniques, Usopp's Dream!
1:25 - Straw Hat Theater - 2 - Report Time
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 14 - Well Met, Everyone
2:00 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 2 - Kagura's Wind
2:30 - Bleach - 283 - Starrk, the Lone Battle
3:00 - Space Dandy - 7 - A Race in Space is Dangerous, Baby
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 16 - Black Dog Serenade
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 38 - Conflict at Baschool
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 8 - FAKE FOOD
5:00 - Big O - 21 - The Third Big
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 41 - Robo-Samurai vs. Mondo Bot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DBZ Kai and AoT should really be swapped IMO.

But then Kai is currently my favorite on the block, so maybe I'm just biased.

I don't play favorites but if I did it would be top five material.

Who am I kidding, I do play favorites. One Piece, Cowboy Bebop, DBZ Kai, Space Dandy, 2nd Gig, Inuyasha: The Final Act, FMA:B, Big O, TTGL, Samurai Jack (despite makeing me sleepy), Shippuden, Bleach, AOT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really should have ordered two GCN adapters when I had the chance to get them for 15 each. I just spent 3 bucks more than that to get one shipped from the UK in the next three weeks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bleh, had a meh day (dozed off, woke up at 1 AM, then again at 4 AM but with my eye hurting like hell, slept until 11:45) and haven't felt all that well, but saw Big Hero 6 in 3D & I can finally watch Toonami on my TV again.....plus Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom