• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Durarara x2 streaming with Eng subtitles in Jan. on Crunchyroll, Hulu, & Aniplex Channel.

Wonder if news of a dub won't be far off.

DominoKid

Durarara x2 streaming with Eng subtitles in Jan. on Crunchyroll, Hulu, & Aniplex Channel.

Wonder if news of a dub won't be far off.

hope so. it's one of the few shows i've watched subbed and dubbed all the way through. of course i like it better dubbed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got my copy of SSB Wii U. I saw freakin' two guys wearings SHORTS, and it's about 10*F right now.

I feel like I wouldn't be surprised at AoT continuing to air during movie month. I'd assume the movies would start at midnight.

cYBRR4B.png

previously:
73: Darkness on Umbara
74: The General

IiLO3Pu.png
o6h8nQM.png

The fight for Umbara continues in episode 75 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. We begin as General Krell receives a transmission from Obi-Wan. He takes the call in the airbase’s control center, which features technology different from the fuzzy blue holograms we’re accustomed to. Instead, we have an Obi-Wan constructed out of blue cubes with an even more pronounced voice filter, which actually looks really damn cool. He reveals that the airbase’s capture was not the definitive victory they hoped for because a large ship high in the atmosphere is still resupplying the capital. Rex suggests an attack on the airship, which Krell ignores, telling Obi-Wan that they will resume their attack on the capital. Obi-Wan’s transmission cuts out as the signal is jammed.

BuXjPWv.png
w4tal1Z.png

Krell tells Rex to prep the troops to move out in 12 hours. He also denies another one of the clone’s requests, this time to attempt to get a message to Obi-Wan in order to coordinate a plan of attack, because he doesn’t want to wait for a messenger to go to the capital and back. Krell observes that even though Rex doesn’t agree with his decisions, he is at least smart enough to follow orders. We cut to the hangar, where the clones again debate Krell’s decisions, with everyone but Dogma reaching the conclusion that the general’s thirst for victory has blinded him to the lives it sometimes costs. The missiles being used to defend the capital have a massive blast radius, and Fives says that they may not even make it there because of this. He suggests using the Umbaran fighters to destroy the supply ship because they’ve managed to acquire the access codes thanks to a trooper called Jesse. Later, Rex presents this plan to Krell, who again shuts him down, saying that he can’t afford to waste clones (because treating them like Pikmin is clearly not doing exactly that). The general says that none of Rex’s men are pilots, and that the fact that they’re able to adapt quickly simply isn’t good enough.

TTqxnwx.png
y4iB5Fh.png

He does have a bit of a point. When Rex explains that it’s a no-go to Fives, Hardcase, Jesse (gear tattoo on his face), and Tup (topknot and teardrop tattoo), he uses largely the same reasoning. Fives suggests going through with it no matter the consequences, but Rex is hesitant because he sees Krell’s point. Dogma eventually comes in to crash the party and make everyone pretend they weren’t planning anything. Rex leaves, but Fives follows to confront him, saying it’s clearly about more than following orders. Rex tells him that it’s about honor, because they’re a part of something bigger and not independent of each other. Fives responds with some bad lines like “I can’t just follow orders when I know they’re wrong!” and “I’m not just another number!” before storming off to round up pilots. After this we get a scene meant to lighten the mood a bit, as Hardcase attempts to pilot an Umbaran fighter and pretty much destroys the hangar while Fives lies to Krell over the radio. After Hardcase blows up the door, Krell comes down there with Rex, and Hardcase says the whole thing was a booby trap built into the fighter’s control system. Krell says, “Told you so!” to Rex and leaves, ordering the fighters to be locked down. Hardcase and Jesse volunteer to pilot the fighters with Fives, who informs them that Anakin told him the best way to blow up a big ship: hit the main reactor from the inside.

vqGx6jT.png
2LS19A6.png
QfU04Jp.png
baE8NPk.png

On patrol, Fives asks Rex if he plans to stop the plan to attack the supply ship. Rex says only that he can’t help them when they get caught. The three sneak aboard the fighters and take off. On the way up through the clouds, Jesse remarks that he’s only doing this because he thinks Krell is a total dick. Hardcase says that he’s doing it because it’s fun. They eventually reach the battle, which is absolute chaos. No Umbarans fire on them, but they have to restrain themselves from firing at the Umbarans, who are taking out clone pilots. Back at the barracks, nobody has informed Dogma that snitches get stitches. He awakens to find their bunks empty, and he gets confirmation that they’re going to disobey orders from Tup, because Tup is the worst liar in the world. Dogma convinces him that they have to report what’s going on so they are not also held responsible. Cut to Krell, who confronts Rex about the launch of the fighters. Rex states that their goal is simply to provide reconnaissance for the impending attack on the capital, which Krell is mildly annoyed by since he did not give any orders to do so. He sees the value in it and leaves without much of a fuss, but Tup and Dogma approach soon afterwards. Rex intercepts them and eventually turns them away after Dogma makes a couple of flimsy excuses to try to talk to Krell.

jSi5hsc.png
6NbXpf0.png
9BvhmMF.png
pRhdMhp.png

The clones fly inside the supply ship, and one of them decapitates a droid with the wing of a fighter. This understandably catches their attention and the doors in the hangar begin to close. Hardcase blasts a hole through one, though the debris damages one of his engines. Ray shields activate to enclose the reactor and the fighters are unable to proceed, trapped between the ray shields and droids that gradually whittle away at their shields. Hardcase, as the most badass motherfucker in the galaxy, detaches a cannon from his fighter and drags it through a doorway into the reactor room (the cannons seem to float on their own, but still). Fives and Jesse fly out of the ship as Hardcase opens fire, destroying the reactor and the ship by sacrificing himself. Upon landing, Fives and Jesse are taken to the control tower, where Krell informs them that they will be placed under arrest and court martialed.

This episode really doesn't need to exist. We already got a bit of dissent last episode when Rex has Fives and Hardcase (R.I.P.) sneak into the airbase, and it really wouldn't be difficult to rewrite that to have the same end result as this episode does. I would imagine this episode exists because this is a CGI show and when you make all these new models and environments and stuff, you want to use them as much as you can. But with that being said, outside of the weird comedy scene and Fives's argument with Rex, this is a very good episode. It's different enough so that it doesn't feel redundant while also offering some great action. Sure, it's padding out the storyline, but I'll sure as hell take this over more politics because it's actually really good.

Grade: B+

Next time, the Umbara arc concludes...
nHrk6LG.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Good week for gaming, but tonight was especially good.

SSB for Wii U is ultra legit. Had the game fully installed at 11:59. Went and unlocked all characters and listened to all of the Palutena conversations. Most of them are great. The game looks good.

ORAS also went without a hitch.

But other great things happened. The announcement of more Hyrule Warriors DLC (That Twilight Pack was everything I'd ever hoped for and more) and the director of Xenoblade X Chronicles saying the game was almost done.

Raxus

The Umbra arc. An arc so good you don't even notice that guy looks like Slippy's dad and will never get that image out of your head after being told.

Seda

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS. This is exactly what I needed to hear after a rather "blah" week! & just in time for tomorrow night!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dish users are back? Nice! Welcome home!

By the way, Smash Bros Wii U is badass. This along with all the other great Wii U games makes it an amazing console to own.

Seda

So yeah, the December 6th schedule

W2Pb2Ja.png

So Attack on Titan will continue to air. Summer Wars is after Hellsing.

Also, best Bebop episode ^^

daveo42

Banned
So yeah, the December 6th schedule

W2Pb2Ja.png

So Attack on Titan will continue to air. Summer Wars is after Hellsing.

Also, best Bebop episode ^^

Haven't seen Summer Wars so that'll be a nice follow up after new Hellsing. Looks like I'll be doing something else for the first 30mins of Toonami all the way through Movie Month.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I guess they're allowed to show Hellsing Ultimate that early.
I figured the later timeslot was to get away with some of the darker elements.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Strange, Funimation said the Amazon Edition of Space Dandy would be up by the end of the week, but still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom