• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's the game they play in Summer Wars. It's Japanese for "come on", which is said when the player wants to continue the hand.

It's the game they play in Summer Wars. It's Japanese for "come on", which is said when the player wants to continue the hand.

GALE01-44.png

Gorillaz

GMN's avatar is now staring into my soul. Like it was already enough that it was judging me by giving my avatar the side eye

but now it's like...face to face

Levyne

Banned
When did Toonami start airing the new Inuyasha series? Has it been good? :eek:

Last 2 weeks. Episode 3 this weekend. If I recall correctly, everything is up on Hulu, so you could either catch up and then watch with us, or watch in your free time otherwise.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When did Toonami start airing the new Inuyasha series? Has it been good? :eek:

2 weeks ago and yes, it's been pretty good so far.

In other news I keep waffling between buying a PS4 with no games for 70 bucks off or getting one with two games...but then I remember that if I buy it with no games I'd have to get something (probably Diablo III) and play it offline because hell if I'm paying to play online, or get two games, one of which I know I don't like in The Last of Us, and one I probably won't like in GTA V because, well, I didn't really like any of the GTA games after III. Then I also remember that my Wii U backlog is around 20 deep, about TWICE as deep on the 3DS side, and I've got about five Vita and PSP games to get through and that when I'm home these days I rarely have time or energy to play anything that's not Smash.

I think November 2015 might be the better time for me and PS4. GTA V if I want to give it a chance will be dirt cheap. Diablo 3 will hit 15 or 20 by then. Bloodborne will be cheap if I want it and FF XV and KH III will be a year closer. Of course there's an equal chance that I'll be knee deep in Xenoblade X or Zelda or whatever and won't have the time then. Plus those fuckers at Atlus had the goddamn nerve to announce two EO games this week, meaning three have a shot at showing up next year. THREE.

Jarate

Banned
2 weeks ago and yes, it's been pretty good so far.

In other news I keep waffling between buying a PS4 with no games for 70 bucks off or getting one with two games...but then I remember that if I buy it with no games I'd have to get something (probably Diablo III) and play it offline because hell if I'm paying to play online, or get two games, one of which I know I don't like in The Last of Us, and one I probably won't like in GTA V because, well, I didn't really like any of the GTA games after III. Then I also remember that my Wii U backlog is around 20 deep, about TWICE as deep on the 3DS side, and I've got about five Vita and PSP games to get through and that when I'm home these days I rarely have time or energy to play anything that's not Smash.

I think November 2015 might be the better time for me and PS4. GTA V if I want to give it a chance will be dirt cheap. Diablo 3 will hit 15 or 20 by then. Bloodborne will be cheap if I want it and FF XV and KH III will be a year closer. Of course there's an equal chance that I'll be knee deep in Xenoblade X or Zelda or whatever and won't have the time then. Plus those fuckers at Atlus had the goddamn nerve to announce two EO games this week, meaning three have a shot at showing up next year. THREE.

I got a ps4 opening day and dont regret it. It's got games, just none that are super awesome that are only on the PS4

Bloodborne will probably be that game though

Man God

Non-Canon Member
From what I played of it this winter the PS4 secretly had one of the blandest launches ever. Nothing with any real wow factor, nor any absolute stinkers, but nothing that really stood out over XBONE or even the last gen systems. It's also very fair to say that in the year since launch they really didn't do much with exclusives. I still think out of the two 2013 launch systems it is the better purchase and it deserves its position as top dog and it's clearly the benchmark system for the gen like the 360 and PS2 before it but it still bugs me that whenever I go over what I'd really want to play on the system I come up with a tiny, tiny list of games and even worse most of those could be played on my PC better if I was just willing to make a few minor upgrades and that even then I'd probably still just use this thing for work and for gifs.

Sad thing is that if PS4 had DLNA support out of the box I would have bought one at launch and used it almost only for that. It's pretty much all I do with the PS3 right now, that and watch WWE Network/Amazon/Netflix.

Line_HTX

I should change my avatar to Lili with a Texans' logo, but I don't know how to put those together into one lol.

WWE on the PS3? Needs Cena and Honey.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This year in gaming>last year in gaming.

I'm a portable guy first and foremost and 2013 was literally the most ridiculous year in portable gaming on the 3DS. Wall to wall releases that I'm still not done playing. Add to that a pretty solid year for my other system, the Wii U, and we're cooking with gas.

2014 did pick up lately though on my end of the field. Smash 3DS delivered. Fantasy Life blew me away, I've barely gotten into Bayonetta, and now Smash Wii U and ORAS are ruling my life.

Jarate

Banned
From what I played of it this winter the PS4 secretly had one of the blandest launches ever. Nothing with any real wow factor, nor any absolute stinkers, but nothing that really stood out over XBONE or even the last gen systems. It's also very fair to say that in the year since launch they really didn't do much with exclusives. I still think out of the two 2013 launch systems it is the better purchase and it deserves its position as top dog and it's clearly the benchmark system for the gen like the 360 and PS2 before it but it still bugs me that whenever I go over what I'd really want to play on the system I come up with a tiny, tiny list of games and even worse most of those could be played on my PC better if I was just willing to make a few minor upgrades and that even then I'd probably still just use this thing for work and for gifs.

Sad thing is that if PS4 had DLNA support out of the box I would have bought one at launch and used it almost only for that. It's pretty much all I do with the PS3 right now, that and watch WWE Network/Amazon/Netflix.

Having a laptop become my dedicated media player was the best decision of my life.

Remember everyone in this thread, build a computer for your tv, it is literally the best with Plex, and XBMC and other various programs. Hell, you can even do Steam Streaming!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Having a laptop become my dedicated media player was the best decision of my life.

Remember everyone in this thread, build a computer for your tv, it is literally the best with Plex, and XBMC and other various programs. Hell, you can even do Steam Streaming!

I know this feeling.

LOLDSFAN

Using Plex with Chromecast and I can confirm it's literally the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom