• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

So I was scimming that "worst hated character" thread in OT and I highlighted a spoiler out of instinct. It was Naruto related, and it was so stupid and so far ahead that I'm not even going to specify what it was to ensure I don't remember it.

So I was scimming that "worst hated character" thread in OT and I highlighted a spoiler out of instinct. It was Naruto related, and it was so stupid and so far ahead that I'm not even going to specify what it was to ensure I don't remember it.

Unfortunately, I probably know what you're talking about.

Line_HTX

Happy Thanksgiving y'all! What Toonami thing are you guys thankful for?

I'm thankful for this year's undisputed AOTY, Space Dandy. The OST is just too good. I think I might buy import it if there's no US release of it.

HIT IT! Aww yeah, boogy groovin~!

Bee mah bae!

I'm also thankful that we watched some stuff that was so obviously bad, that it was the best comedy ever.
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

Satan is the best father, the logic of Fullbringers was amazing, and Eren is the 2nd coming of Christian Bale Batman.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
thankful for all the fun with Black Lagoon of course

I should probably go watch Roberta's Blood Trail or whatever

get my Revy fix

Also Space Dandy was godlike

Line_HTX

Yeah, Terror in Resonance didn't click with me. Also, some things should never be 11 episodes long. It's one of the problems I had with C: The Money of Soul and Possiblity Control. Those kinds of shows need to be at least 24 eps.

Takashi

So got home from work earlier (fuck black friday retail) and I noticed CN is back on Dish. Was it back a long time ago?

But more importantly- holy shit, Final Act is already airing?? I mean, I knew it was coming cause I noticed the thread title change a while back, but damn I didn't know it's already been showing.. Dammit Dish you made me miss out on too much- end of dubbed AoT, end of Bleach, OP, and now I need to find time to catch up on GL and Final Act. What episodes are OP, GL, and Inuyasha on?

Final Act Episode 3 airs this weekend.

Cool thanks. Was expecting it to be farther for some reason.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Terror in Resonance was really let down by shoddy writing, this was a series that needed a point to it, and never found one, nor did really find interesting characters.

Raxus

Terror in Resonance was really let down by shoddy writing, this was a series that needed a point to it, and never found one, nor did really find interesting characters.

Aside from the detective character our main cast (the girl especially) never developed and for a short series that is a big nono.

I wish they made the main characters the bad guys with the detective tracking them down at the end.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was gonna get Tales of Xillia 2 at GS after I finished donating plasma, but considering how much I've spent on the holidays already, gonna have to skip it to make sure I stay "smart" with my money, unless it's the day 1 edition with the bonus stuff like with last year & Xillia 1.

& even then, I just shop online. Got $30 worth of eShop credit for $25. Wanted to get a book from Amazon, but might have to have my dad make that a Xmas gift now.

daveo42

Banned
Was planning to grabbing some stuff last night when stuff went on sale, but ended up just staying in and eating food while playing board games and Smash. I don't really think I need to spend the extra money on games anyway I as have way too many I need to play and don't have the time to get to them all.

Raxus

Bayonetta 2 is my GotY.

It is filled to the brim with content and none of it feels fat like certain Smash modes for me like Smash Tour.

Disappointment of the Year: Destiny

Eh, not sure about easily. We've had some really good games this year.

Bayonetta 2 is my GotY.

It is filled to the brim with content and none of it feels fat like certain Smash modes for me like Smash Tour.

Star Wars 7 trailer! My body wasn't ready so hyped!

My GotY is Trails in the Sky such an amazing game

get out

nah, stay awhile

Jarate

Banned
Can I pick FF14

I'd honestly pick Destiny at this stage, game was a lot of fun. The gaf hate train on that game is immense and I refuse to talk about it on here anymore due to a certain number of posters who shit on every Destiny thread

daveo42

Banned
Bayonetta 2 is my GotY.

While disappointing, it probably wasn't the biggest one of the year. I still somehow managed to play it for 30hrs. I have hopes that all the issues with this one will be fixed for Destiny 2.

Not really sure what my GotY will be, but I'll probably decide late and it'll end up being Persona Q. I really did dig Child of Light earlier in the year and I still need to go back and play Transistor because I've heard good things about that. Same with Jazzpunk.

We love smash, I know personally its one of my top 5 games of the year with Bayonetta 2, Shovel Knight, Trails, and Mario Kart 8 rounding it out currently.

I played MK8 for the first time two days ago and thought the controls felt really stiff. I kept running into walls, the drifting mechanic felt off. Not sure if it's a legit concern or if I just need more practice.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I played MK8 for the first time two days ago and thought the controls felt really stiff. I kept running into walls, the drifting mechanic felt off. Not sure if it's a legit concern or if I just need more practice.

You may not be starting your drift early enough because the controls are really really tight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's up with that light saber?
It was secretly designed by Square-Enix because you'll get it after beating the Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts 3 as a new Keyblade for Sora teaming up with Luke to defeat Darth Vader.

..............RIGHT?!?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Smash is really good. I still haven't fully digested the soundtrack, let alone the game. This is something I fully expect to be playing with my nephews ten years from now.

2014 was a sneaky good year for me.

BD:FF, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, ORAS, Both Smash games, Fantasy Life. Haven't played enough Bayo 2 to put it up there but it probably deserves to be.

Smash is likely the best of them but BD:FF really did wow the fuck out of me.

TheChits

I'll have to play more of Smash to see if it holds up, but I really love it so far. I think currently my favorite game that I played from this year is Tropical Freeze. Just incredible. Playing 3-1 (Grassland Groove) for the first time was a magical experience for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom