• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
"The only thing they found is a mask."

Well, actually coming into the thread for the last 3m of OP for a good few months, I actually know who did this I think/What their title is. Whoops.

I dont like franky so far. I hope I never have to see him again after this arc, because that would be ever so annoying.
:/

Wait Patrick Seitz? Nvm franky you can stay forever
Wait its mostly the same voice as my profile pictures voice? <3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gundam Build Fighters is basically a miracle show that can do no wrong. How you may ask?

1. It's a shamelessly toyetic show. Possibly the most toyetic show ever released. But it has heart and feeling and even a decently structured plot.

2. It looks good! Most toyetic shows have a budget of about five dollars while this show literally has most of the best animated Gundam fights ever. From a franchise this old and storied.

3. The last few Gundam series were a trainwreck and I'd seriously begun to wonder if they had completely lost it. Gundam 00 Season 1 was bad. 2 was unwatchable and AGE was somehow even worse.

4 This is the spiritual sequel to G Gundam, one of my favorite shows of all time. I never thought they'd ever approach something like that again, yet about 20 years later they basically did it again for a new generation.

5. It's a great show that while has a ton of Gundam fanservice is still a great show if you've never seen Gundam before. Yeah you might miss a slight nod here or there but the core of the show is perfectly fine to watch even if you've never seen a single moment of Gundam.

6. The openings are really good!

7. Ain't nobody who don't like Mr. Ral or the best mom ever.

8. For a completely implausible situation the characters manage to somehow come across feeling real for the most part.

Line_HTX

Wait Patrick Seitz? Nvm franky you can stay forever
Wait its mostly the same voice as my profile pictures voice? <3

Seitz is everywhere. Ragna, that fabulous guy in Paradise Kiss, George, and the AoT drill sergeant Keith to name a few out of many.

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION JAEGER?! STRAIGHTEN YOURSELF UP!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Eren and the others graduate from training, Goku arrives in the afterlife and has to travel the million mile long Snake Way to meet King Kai, Sai meets Sasuke while Yamato's team reaches the entrance to Orochimaru's lair, it's time to relive all the upbeat happiness of the Arlong Arc, Straw Hat Theater brings us a terrifying world in which the Straw Hats are all gossipy middle aged ladies, the true form of Teppelin is revealed as Simon and Gurren Lagann face off against Spiral King Lordgenome in the epic final showdown (wait, for real?!), Sesshomaru is in need of new weaponry while Team Inuyasha gets wrapped up in Shippo hijinx, as usual Bleach brings us a villain flashback just in time for their defeat, Dandy and friends meet Laika and a strange pair of fleas, the Bebop crew gets a hold of some bad mushrooms, Winry comes up with an escape plan while Alphonse has an out of body experience, the Major hacks into Cabinet Intelligence to try to find out what Goda is up to, Roger is faced with dealing with a gigantic electric eel, and Jack faces off against a fellow samurai...of sorts.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 4 - Night of the Closing Ceremony: Humanity's Comeback, Part 2
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 4 - Run in the Afterlife, Goku! The One Million Mile Snake Way
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 47 - Infiltration: The Den of the Snake!
1:00 - One Piece - 281 - A Bond of Friendship Woven by Tears! Nami's World Map!
1:25 - Straw Hat Theater - 3 - Obahan Time
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 15 - I Will Head Towards Tomorrow
2:00 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 3 - Meido Zangetsuha
2:30 - Bleach - 284 - Chain of Sacrifice, Halibel's Past
3:00 - Space Dandy - 8 - The Lonely Pooch Planet, Baby
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 17 - Mushroom Samba
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 39 - Daydream
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 9 - AMBIVALENCE
5:00 - Big O - 22 - Hydra
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 42 - Samurai vs. Samurai

GBF is the new Digimon, a show meant to only sell toys to kids that is somehow better written and sometimes animated the main steam anime made for adults

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Digimon had a main stream anime for adults?

I think he means in general.
That a merchandise-driven series for kids has better writing than most anime for adults.

I imagine that 1999-2001 had just as much shit as now.
Maybe not on the audacious level of SAO or Cross Ange, but still pretty shit.

EDIT: By the way, stupid question. For those that haven't dropped Cross Ange, how much worse does it get?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm now reminded of that new Digimon series with the original first season cast all grown up now. It would be amazing if they somehow got some, if not all, of the original voice actors to return.

& yeah, tonight's Straw Hat Theater sounds like One Piece: Rule 63 Edition.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
why is this a thing D:

Eiichiro Oda has a very bizarre sense of humor.
He made it for a databook.

I'm now reminded of that new Digimon series with the original first season cast all grown up now. It would be amazing if they somehow got some, if not all, of the original voice actors to return.

& yeah, tonight's Straw Hat Theater sounds like One Piece: Rule 63 Edition.

Oh, don't even mention One Piece and Rule 63
SPOILERS FOLLOW
There's a character later in the series that has the power of the Hormone Hormone Fruit, and one ability is to change the genders of other characters (and himself). This opened the god damn floodgates for Rule 63 art. Which Oda himself has contributed to

Is this the last Final Act of 2014?

Sounds like it. Last new anything for 2014 really. Except Hellsing Ultimate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm strangely tempted to check out this data book.

& count me as another person who disliked Shippo. He's the cute tag-along character who barely helps out & is annoying BUT GOSH DARN IT HE'S SO MARKETABLE AS A PLUSH.

I'm strangely tempted to check out this data book.

& count me as another person who disliked Shippo. He's the cute tag-along character who barely helps out & is annoying BUT GOSH DARN IT HE'S SO MARKETABLE AS A PLUSH.

at least we can take solace in the fact that InuYasha regularly beats the shit out of him

daveo42

Banned

Oh, don't even mention One Piece and Rule 63
SPOILERS FOLLOW
There's a character later in the series that has the power of the Hormone Hormone Fruit, and one ability is to change the genders of other characters (and himself). This opened the god damn floodgates for Rule 63 art. Which Oda himself has contributed to

Additional spoilers
I specifically remember the rumors and even fake chapter surrounding Luffy becoming a female during the course of that arc. Oda is awesome, but damn is he also weird.

Raxus

Speaking of parodies. The newest DBZ:A was pretty funny.

Goku just woke up from his pirate dream. He had a ninja dream...but it ended :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think it's been just as good as S1. The first season didn't get really awesome until the main tournament started, and I assume the same here.

Maybe so, but there are some fundamental problems with this one, like it is way more overwrought in the dramatics for example.

Raxus

Maybe so, but there are some fundamental problems with this one, like it is way more overwrought in the dramatics for example.

Last season was that way at points too.

My biggest problem is I want an all out brawl ala the Red Comet vs. the imperfect Gundam Strike. It is nice the Burning Gundam finally took actual damage in a fight but seeing each Gundam torn to pieces as the fight goes on makes the fights more visceral.

Next week's episode should be good.

Raxus

Seperate post because it is THAT important. EVERYONE needs to watch Gurren Lagaan tonight.

Mmmmmm...that's good anime. Yes.

had to deal with some bullshit today. Retail during the holidays is the worst. Thank god I don't work at Wal-Mart or Best Buy. Also thank god I don't directly interact with people.

Raxus

I try not to hype up episodes unless it is extemely important to the series. Considering this is a
mid season finale
I figured mentioning it was important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom