• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I know I've only been posting infrequently as it is, but going to miss tonight. Working till late and then working early tomorrow.

Gorillaz

I would say that it does get a bit bigger in it's execution in the 2nd half of GL but if you aren't already on board with it at this point, then it might not hit you as hard

I look at it as part one being more plot focused and part 2 more character development focused

daveo42

Banned
I can agree that the first half of GL can be a bit hit or miss and your own level of enjoyment is more tied to being a mech fan and being able to shut your brain off. Personally, the first half was good for me, but it didn't become real earth shattering until about this week. The General fights are good, but I could take or leave the beach episode.

I never said GL is a bad show, just that I think it's overrated based off of the insane thread hype. It's mediocre in my opinion but apparently thinking that is grounds for crucifixion. I'll keep watching with an open mind.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't like the term overrated as people like various things to various degrees.

I will say that I share a lot in common with Seda and Gucci on this show. It's technically brilliant and deserves recognition but only a few key moments ever wowed me and the beginning is very VERY soft.

In the end of the day is it an all time classic that deserved to air on TOONAMI? Yes. It's one of those perfect fit type of shows.

Also the Opening is nothing special.

daveo42

Banned
I don't like the first ending and can't even remember if there was a second one, usually a bad sign for my opinion on something.

The first ending is more about the journey Simon walks and not the song, though it's okay. The 2nd is a combo of both. The 2nd ending song is much better than the first.

Edit: All of these spoilers are benign and aren't really related to the story, if any first time watchers are wondering.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hope I can make it to InuYasha TFA. I made the mistake of taking walks in the cold cold weather this week, and now my body is paying for it (scratchy throat, painful coughing, aches).

I do know tonight's goody is related to Halo: MCC (and is likely a paid endorsement considering they promoted it this week)

Korigama

Hm, pretty much wound up missing viewing with the thread the past two weeks. That said, I've been skipping pretty much everything except Gurren Lagann and Final Act, sticking around for some previously aired shows that come on late aside.

Rutger

Banned
Seperate post because it is THAT important. EVERYONE needs to watch Gurren Lagaan tonight.

Mmmmmm...that's good anime. Yes.

Oh yeah, it's that episode of Gurren Lagann. Looks like there is something on Toonami tonight that will be able to pull me away from Persona Q.

Line_HTX

So it looks like things are slowing down as the year ends. I'm guessing Toonami is going to have some crazy lineup for next year right? I wonder if it's going to be
entertaining rage and flipping tables...

Grexeno

So it looks like things are slowing down as the year ends. I'm guessing Toonami is going to have some crazy lineup for next year right? I wonder if it's going to be
entertaining rage and flipping tables...
Lineup is probably the exact same after Movie Month. Earliest shakeup would be when something in the back half ends, but realistically we're probably looking at nothing new until Gurren Lagann is over.

Lineup is probably the exact same after Movie Month. Earliest shakeup would be when something in the back half ends, but realistically we're probably looking at nothing new until Gurren Lagann is over.

Well we could lose Bleach at anytime and AoT could always slide down later in the night to make way for something new so its possible we'll see something before GL ends, but I imagine if we were getting something new in January it's be announced by now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't wanna turn this into a Buy/Sell/Trade thread, but I was reminded that I should try selling some of my manga since I never read them nor plan on collecting the rest of them, plus I should really earn money after spending more than I wanted to last week. Toonami-wise, I've got both of the short Cowboy Bebop ones (man, were those disappointing), FLCL (man, was that different), & Samurai Champloo (man, was that short).

.....also Evangelion: Angelic Days Vol. 1, Death Note: How to Read (13), and Soul Eater vol 2.

I guess to try and keep this on topic/not completely derail the thread, does anyone else have manga based on Toonami shows? I remember getting the Cowboy Bebop & Samurai Champloo ones after seeing them on Adult Swim.

Grexeno

Well we could lose Bleach at anytime and AoT could always slide down later in the night to make way for something new so its possible we'll see something before GL ends, but I imagine if we were getting something new in January it's be announced by now
Inuyasha was probably going to be our January show before they realized they didn't have all the Hellsing Ultimates.

ckohler

I just saw a promo for tonight's Toonami. It looks like the Halo: MCC will be a night long sponsorship thing. Tom said something like, "Sarah and I will be playing the Halo: Master Chief Collection all night."

Inuyasha was probably going to be our January show before they realized they didn't have all the Hellsing Ultimates.

Agree with you on that, I still feel like 2015 will see the return of Sailor Moon to the block either as Bleach's replacement whenever they decide to stop rerunning it or AoT's replacement when its second run ends. There really is no other big hype dub show arguably the biggest two with general audiences would be Kill La Kill and SAO s2 and both of those are Aniplex shows, and the latter isn't even dubbed.

Levyne

Banned
EW, m$ sponsored toonami?

Micrapsoft and their puny weak baka gaijin console are gonna tarnish my enjoyment of glorious nippon animation, Sony should have sponsored the block

/sarcasm

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so while I was banned last week, I actually fell asleep during Inuyasha

gonna give it another shot while the AoT rerun is on

Line_HTX

Sarah will be AI aim botting all night? That's lewd.

Maybe Tom should play Destiny for that RNG.

There's not enough Annie Leonhardt in AoT.

Man, I'm still stunned that Kagura's gone just like that. At least she went out smiling and not alone.

I hope I can make it to 2nd Gig and Big O without having my sis's baby waking everyone up.

=|

Why were you banned? Oh... never mind.

Line_HTX

In Halo 4,
didn't Cortana become very bitchy and OH-HOHOHO haughty or something? Can't imagine Sara go heel turn like that. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom