• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Pokemon airs on Cartoon Network already
According to Bulbapedia, there's not much of a wait between Japanese and English now.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_XY_series_episodes

I just meant could this simuldubbed series that this VA mentions be something like Pokemon or Doraemon (yes I know that is older) or Tenkai Knights (this actually seems to air in Japan after the US) or any show more geared towards young kids, moreso than Toonami shonen. Basically something not suitable for Toonami.

Tamanon said:
Didn't Funimation just announce they were doing it for a few series on their website?

He said "network television".

Crocodile

So is anyone other then Toonami seriously gonna simul dub any anime?

I mean who else is airing anime in the US besides Cartoon Network/Toonami?

Simuldubs are also super rare. To my knowledge you've got Kurokami (on a specialty Asian Cable channel) and Space Dandy as mostly concurrent with their JP counterparts and Tenkai Knights (I think?) and IGPX premiering in the States first way ahead of time. Pokemon is only ever about 15-20 episodes behind Japan so that's pretty close but not quite simuldub status.

The more I think about it the more it seems like it'll be the new digimon show probably on Nickelodeon, they're currently airing Digimon Fusion right?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The more I think about it the more it seems like it'll be the new digimon show probably on Nickelodeon, they're currently airing Digimon Fusion right?

Technically it's on sister channel Nicktoons (same place that aired Kai), but they haven't aired new episodes in months. They plan to for 2015.

Considering the English trailer for the new series used Butter-fly, I have a tiny feeling Toei wants someone else to handle the series (not Saban Brands)

Technically it's on sister channel Nicktoons (same place that aired Kai), but they haven't aired new episodes in months. They plan to for 2015.

Considering the English trailer for the new series used Butter-fly, I have a tiny feeling Toei wants someone else to handle the series (not Saban Brands)

Well I have no complaints about that <_< but who knows how the contract is written they may not be able to let anyone else use the license.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well I have no complaints about that <_< but who knows how the contract is written they may not be able to let anyone else use the license.

I do hope they get someone else...
I tried watching the Xros Wars dub, it was awful.
Full of this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LullDestruction

It also changed Lillithmon's name to Laylamon, despite Lillithmon having been present in old games.

Lull Destruction seems to be a common thing with Saban these days *glares at Power Rangers with nobody shutting up*

Looking at the upcoming winter 2015 anime and 2015 confirmed anime in general there really isn't much that would make sense or be worth that kind of investment other then the new Digimon series. Durarara s2 is really the only other confirmed show/second season that makes any kind of sense for a simuldub and IIRC you guys said it didn't do so hot on Adult Swim when it aired originally. Obviously it could be something OUTTA NOWHERE but I just don't see any new properties being simuldubbed unless they have a major reason to draw people in like Space Dandy did. The only other new shows of note I can see that someone might take a risk on would be

Assassination Classroom/Shokugeki No Soma: Popular and fairly new shonen jump anime getting manga adaptations. Neither would really seem to fit the Toonami brand and neither would work on any other channel. Maybe if Seraph of the end is doing really well for Viz they might be planning to simuldub that to help push it's sales if they think it can be the next Attack on Titan. Nothing else even seems to come close, maybe Kekkai Sensen which is a Bones anime and looks like an Adult Swim show.

20727.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair, Orochimaru did kill Gaara's dirtbag father who is primarily responsible for the shitty childhood he had. So they might be bros.

MikeMyers

ifVjmfhAZLPdj.gif

Just rewatched the first episode of Final Act alongside the corresponding chapters. I counted at least 12 chapters covered in 21 minutes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
ifVjmfhAZLPdj.gif

Just rewatched the first episode of Final Act alongside the corresponding chapters. I counted at least 12 chapters covered in 21 minutes.

Sweet Jesus, that's nuts. I mean if it were Bleach that would probably work, but I'm not sure Inuyasha's pacing was bad enough to justify it.

MikeMyers

Sweet Jesus, that's nuts. I mean if it were Bleach that would probably work, but I'm not sure Inuyasha's pacing was bad enough to justify it.

Bleach the anime adapted to 479 according to its Wiki. The comic is now at 603. (603 - 479) / 12 would equate to about 10 episodes for this current arc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach the anime adapted to 479 according to its Wiki. The comic is now at 603. (603 - 479) / 12 would equate to about 10 episodes for this current arc.

That actually sounds about right. There's been a lot of fights that are going to get entire episodes but really deserve like 5-10 minutes tops.

Raxus

It's over. Hard to believe.
Believe it.

RIP Naruto.

No matter my thoughts on the ending I will keep everything spoiler free from this point. Just wanted to pay my respects.

Soulflarz

Banned
Believe it.

RIP Naruto.

No matter my thoughts on the ending I will keep everything spoiler free from this point. Just wanted to pay my respects.

At first I thought that was a spoiler but then I realized you
hopefully
meant the show not the character

daveo42

Banned
Believe it.

RIP Naruto.

Yeah, it is an odd feeling that the manga is over. I'm sure the anime will be close on its heels.

Raxus

At first I thought that was a spoiler but then I realized you
hopefully
meant the show not the character

I went back and edited a joke in before someone beat me to it.

Cool easter egg from two mangaka's.

In the final chapter there is a blatant One Piece reference. In the One Piece cover has a somewhat more hidden salute to Naruto. Pretty neat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If the price is right, I'm in. Just wish Nintendo would finally do a sale on the Picross e series. I want 3 & 4, but would like them to be at least get some kind of discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom