• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
So, yea, I have been informed on things, Naruto things on Twitter and I wish I could unknow them now.

You've seen it. You can't UNSEE it.

Yeah...it is pretty bad.

You guys were under the impression that it would be good?

I haven't seen or heard, but endings for long running manga tend to be major letdowns in relation to the series as a whole. Naruto has had some moments of brilliance mixed with a good helping of meh and ass pulls for the last several years, so I'm not surprised the ending would disappoint.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You guys were under the impression that it would be good?

I haven't seen or heard, but endings for long running manga tend to be major letdowns in relation to the series as a whole. Naruto has had some moments of brilliance mixed with a good helping of meh and ass pulls for the last several years, so I'm not surprised the ending would disappoint.

No, but this is like ending of Harry Potter bad.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No, but this is like ending of Harry Potter bad.

I always felt Harry Potter and Naruto were very similar.
Three kids (two boys, one girl) going to a specialty school to train in a very dangerous art that could get them killed, and it's lead by an old man.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Three kids (two boys, one girl) going to a specialty school to train in a very dangerous art that could get them killed, and it's lead by an old man.

And they both got shit endings.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Voldemort is a low rent Orochimaru.

In the grand scheme of things,
I'd say Orochimaru is more Snape
Madara is Voldemort, if Voldemort was suddenly beaten by another lackey and then summoned a rabbit woman from out of nowhere

Raxus

Voldemort is a low rent Orochimaru.

Say what you will at least they (spoiling just in case, nothing major)
stuck with Voldemort as the central villain.

For the record I liked Harry Potter's ending the epilogue was just completely unnecessary which I will get into later.

MikeMyers

Happy Birthday SSJ Dave.

I dont even remember the end to HP. What was so bad about it again?

My power level went up by one.

Thanks!

ovrwx.gif

Seda

Here is Turner's latest statement on Dish Network:

TURNER BROADCASTING RESPONDS TO DISH COMMENTS

We are disappointed in the aggressive nature of the comments from Dish Network, particularly given the fact that Dish agreed to our rates and carriage proposals weeks ago. We were supportive of the Dish OTT effort and had found common ground on the major issues there. While there were clearly deal points to get done, they were not the type you would usually go dark over. So it is still unclear to us exactly what this dispute is about. We've been told our networks were taken down because we would not move an expiration date later in the year.

Other top 5 distributors have signed up for what Dish has walked away from. The value of the Turner news, entertainment, kids and young adult brands and content are reflected in the leadership positions they hold across the media landscape. That includes 5 of the top 30 cable networks. So we honestly have no idea what Dish was talking about yesterday.

We've had a long-term relationship with Dish that has been good for both of us. That's one of the reasons we agreed to multiple extensions during this negotiation process and have worked diligently to address their issues. We stayed at the table even after Dish removed our networks from their service and we’re hopeful we can get a deal done in the near future.

I also updated the OP, now using smaller thumbnails for some of cataloging stuff (accurate after this Saturday). That front half schedule is what we have until Gurren Lagann ends sometime late February/Early March, basically.

Sharpeye

I'm happy with the pairings being confirmed in the final naruto manga chapter so woo
I am too, jusr wish it was better handled with more character growth. Oh well hopefully he learns from his mistakes and improves his writing in part 3 which is totally going to happen.

Here is Turner's latest statement on Dish Network:

I also updated the OP, now using smaller thumbnails for some of cataloging stuff (accurate after this Saturday). That front half schedule is what we have until Gurren Lagann ends sometime late February/Early March, basically.

One of them needs to suck it up.

BTW, News Flash, Tony Oliver is in the process of simuldubbing an anime that will premiere on "network television" sometime in 2015. Ideas?

I sat in on Tony Oliver's Q&A session at Youmacon this past weekend, and he revealed that he is currently working on a new simuldub project for "network television" sometime "next year" (or "2015"), but I'm not sure if that is referring to the upcoming winter or fall season. They have already started doing voice work to sketches (not finalized animation), so I would assume this will premier sometime around January, just like Space Dandy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Shokugeki no Soma?!?

Also, I have no idea who Tony Oliver is....*wikis him* OH, he was Bat from the 1986 Fist of the North Star movie....also Sigurd & one of those slugs from SAO.

Seda

Shokugeki no Soma?!?

Also, I have no idea who Tony Oliver is....*wikis him* OH, he was Bat from the 1986 Fist of the North Star movie....also Sigurd & one of those slugs from SAO.

Toonami relevant:

He was this guy:

RzHrU3km.jpg

....and also this guy

Seinayall.jpg

Rutger

Banned

Tony Oliver, I know I've seen that name before.

Oh yeah, he voices the less cool Arc System Works ninja.

More relevant to Toonami, he's also the narrator in Gurren Lagann.

Whatever it is, it'd be nice to have something I haven't already seen on Toonami again.

Hm, isn't there a new Lupin III anime being made? It would be cool to see him reprise his role.

RedBoot

Hm, isn't there a new Lupin III anime being made? It would be cool to see him reprise his role.

That's the most likely thing in my opinion (though I mostly just want it to be true). That being said, that series is already being simul-dubbed into Italian, I think? So it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Although he did the voice in Pioneer's dub, not Funi's, and I can't imagine Funi would drop their own cast to match a different one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom