• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I don't see the big deal. Historical naming references are neat, and you might as well ask for justification on every name anyway.

Lucas is also well known for stealing most of his ideas and names from Rome and such

Just look at the name of generals, a lot of them have roman sounding names

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It stopped being funny to me around the time I got to college. As a 16 year old I thought ATHF and the like were the funniest things ever.
The same happened to me. I enjoyed it in high school, but afterwards, I think I outgrew Adult Swim's humor, along with Family Guy. Think part of it was the rush of "OH MAN I'M WATCHING SOMETHING MY PARENTS WOULDN'T WANT ME TO SEE" was gone.

Soulflarz

Banned
It stopped being funny to me around the time I got to college. As a 16 year old I thought ATHF and the like were the funniest things ever.

Im 17 and I think ive always hated it. The art style for most of their stuff is creepy enough for me to go "ew"

also Luffy vs Eneru, Luffy is way smarter than we give him credit for...

Mike Tyson Mysteries is awesome, and Rick and Morty will be one of the best comedy cartoons ever made if it maintains the same level of quality as its last season

Soulflarz

Banned
Why the hell is Eneru so nice to Nami? Does this fall under the logic of "Everyones head over heels for her so hes going to be nice too" or did i miss something?

daveo42

Banned

The last shows that aired on old AS that were really good and always made me laugh were Frisky Dingo, Harvey Birdman, and Home Movies. After that, there wasn't much anything that was worth watching for the humor.

Morel Orel had moments of poignancy and depth, while stuff like 12oz Mouse went straight for insanity, trying very hard to masquerade as intelligent with its hidden meanings. I'd say we do have some recent stuff that's been good, like Superjail (for the absolute brutality) and Rick and Morty (for actual comedy and intelligence). Mike Tyson is actually pretty dang impressive for what it is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like a lot of AS shows, and I dislike a lot more. The ones that work, work.

Venture Bros.
Harvey Birdman
ATHF
Morel Orel
Home Movies
Superjail
Korgoth
Rick and Morty
Robot Chicken (though that promo is awful)

Some of their live action stuff has been great as well, including most recently Too Many Cooks. Why they didn't air this for Halloween I have no idea. I also really enjoyed the anthology series that was the greatest show in the history of television.

Soulflarz

Banned
^works for me

Or "Toonami is BACK, bitches!"

(reminds me of my times when that was the hastag and dbz=toonami for so many people)

Levyne

Banned
Someone I follow retweeted this, thought it was relevant enough.

BqH846dIYAAgTY6.jpg

Though obviously we have plenty of gals here who might be watching DBZ too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom