• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

Big Hero 6 is a pretty fun movie. Worth seeing. Stay after the credits.

I'm interested to see it but all the "Baymax is lovable" stuff is putting me off it. I don't mind too much when movies depart from their source material but turning Baymax into a childlike balloon just for gags... I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BIG HERO 6 HAD SOURCE MATERIAL?

All I know is it was some obscure Marvel comic that tried to appeal to the manga crowd.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm interested to see it but all the "Baymax is lovable" stuff is putting me off it. I don't mind too much when movies depart from their source material but turning Baymax into a childlike balloon just for gags... I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

He's less childlike and more robotic. His whole thing is that he's a healthcare robot, and is only looking out for Hiro's best interests and safety.

BIG HERO 6 HAD SOURCE MATERIAL?

All I know is it was some obscure Marvel comic that tried to appeal to the manga crowd.

It does feature actual Marvel characters (that they couldn't use because Fox has them...)

From what I understand the film is so far removed from the original comic it really doesn't matter if you know what it was originally inspired by or not.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So...........why base it on said comic if it's so far removed, then? Who would make a movie based on a movie/book/game/etc. & not stick to the source material?

WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING.

ckohler

From what I understand the film is so far removed from the original comic it really doesn't matter if you know what it was originally inspired by or not.
Which is why I don't really mind so much they changed it. What concerns me is the overall tonal shift from cool-looking teen action story to what appears to be mostly slapstick comedy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Which is why I don't really mind so much they changed it. What concerns me is the overall tonal shift from cool-looking teen action story to what appears to be mostly slapstick comedy.

There's not that much slapstick. Most of it is in the trailers.

So...........why base it on said comic if it's so far removed, then? Who would make a movie based on a movie/book/game/etc. & not stick to the source material?

WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING.
You really asking Disney to be faithful to a 90s Marvel series?

Grexeno

So I come home from work to find a pipe has burst in my apartment. However, the only things that seem to have gotten wet are the floor in small spots directly below the ceiling areas where the pipe was................and my Physical Chemistry textbook.

This may be an omen.

Soulflarz

Banned
So I come home from work to find a pipe has burst in my apartment. However, the only things that seem to have gotten wet are the floor in small spots directly below the ceiling areas where the pipe was................and my Physical Chemistry textbook.

This may be an omen.

Run away from college while you can.

The past few episode of Terraformars have been pretty good. Some parts of it reminds me of JoJo with the amount of detail that goes into some of these powers.

Soulflarz

Banned
Save your money and don't see Interstellar

This. It was very well directed, but the plot...welll
My friends and I have been discussing it for longer than the movie was. Simply put, the plot was very stupid, especially
once it jumps the shark after the black hole

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually liked it. Sure it had a couple of problems and
some might argue the black hole sequence comes out of no where, but it's actually pretty well foreshadowed so I had no problems. I kinda saw all the twists coming, there was nothing really shocking about any of them.

Soulflarz

Banned
I actually liked it. Sure it had a couple of problems and
some might argue the black hole sequence comes out of no where, but it's actually pretty well foreshadowed so I had no problems. I kinda saw all the twists coming, there was nothing really shocking about any of them.

I moreso have an issue that
its a paradox in itself, or it makes no sense in the only explanation that isnt a paradox
(we can get into this more in a chatroom if youd like, i believe globalgamers IRC for toonamigaf still exists :p

There, avatar dbz-ified

bigkrev

The other problem is that outside of the Robots and the younger version of Murphy, all the characters were dull cardboard boxes

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I moreso have an issue that
its a paradox in itself, or it makes no sense in the only explanation that isnt a paradox
(we can get into this more in a chatroom if youd like, i believe globalgamers IRC for toonamigaf still exists :p

There, avatar dbz-ified

Nah, that's cool. I think I know what you mean by
paradox, but that was just a closed loop. It happened because it happened. Basically think Futurama time travel and not Back to the Future.

fOWoJev.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom