• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being in school anymore means no longer having those big holiday breaks to look forward to. I know it's kinda silly, but these movie months and special events with you guys are the only thing that makes the weeks seem special anymore. Will definitely be watching all month.

And now i'm at the top of the page. Awkward. Hahahah.

Soulflarz

Banned
Not being in school anymore means no longer having those big holiday breaks to look forward to. I know it's kinda silly, but these movie months and special events with you guys are the only thing that makes the weeks seem special anymore. Will definitely be watching all month.

Not counting very large holiday breaks of two weeks (which have been painful sometimes because of this, but not usually), I don't get these big breaks of joy from missing days even in high school. For example, I have a 4 day weekend (I had thursday and friday off) but my teachers offset it with enough additional homework that I would have rather been in school for those two days.

And yeah, I think we all put a notable chunk of our free time into watching Toonami as a group. It's worth it though!

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFCZ2NPBszI&list=UU4hEVD_KqNx8ZeAMV1PsHVg
My God it's beautiful >.<

I know that feel. I always used to love the big break season around the holidays.

I'll probably skip the last two weeks of movie month out of the fact that it's going to be repeats.

Overall very happy with these movie nights. Totally down to rewatch Akira and Summer Wars and glad to see Hellsing Ultimate 9/10 first time with everyone

Soulflarz

Banned
Ill try to make it for Akira seeing as I missed that the first time. I have two blu rays of Summer Wars in my house though, soo I think I may pass :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEEESSS, they got Hellsing 9 & 10. So glad that whole ordeal didn't last long. So we only have to wait a few weeks after 8.

Glad to see Sacred Star of Milos is gonna air. Gonna be fun rewatching it, but with you guys this time.

Though damn, it seems like almost all the movies from last time are repeating, excluding Trigun. Heck, Milos is the only new movie....But getting Hellsing 9 & 10 will suffice.

I'll probably rewatch all the movies, though still debating on Akira. Summer Wars returning is nice.

daveo42

Banned

Looks like a good amount of good news there. Nice to see Hellsing on the list to finish the OVA up instead of holding out for some point in the future. Hopefully I'll make it back in time to at least watch 8 with you guys tonight.

2 new movies for me and Hellsing and Summer Wars and Akira. Dunno If I can make it through Eva 1.11 again.

Eva 1.11 isn't so bad. At least it's somewhat close to the original. 2.22 is much better though. Kind of want to see 3.33 with you guys
just for the reactions.

i kinda question the decision to start Milos at what will probably be 1 or 1:30.

Lets be real when given the option to but a DBZ movie at 12 on the 3rd weekend or put a FMA movie at 12 you're gonna go with the dbz movie always as it'll make more money

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i kinda question the decision to start Milos at what will probably be 1 or 1:30.
Do we even know if the movies or Hellsing will air first? I imagine they'd aim to have Hellsing air at its normal time at 2 AM with Milos & Summer Wars being first at 11:30 or Midnight.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hellsing Ultimate X is kind of like a movie. It's the longest episode at 68 minutes (not including commercials).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
|OT| Broly's Hellstar Summer of Akira 1.22

....I've got nothing, I just wanted to work in all the stuff into one sentence.

LOLDSFAN

They Got Hellsing 9 and 10 which is cool, other than that it's a pretty crap line up filled with reruns and DBZ movies

Considering we should have finished Hellsing this month, it makes this even more disappointing.

Anywho guess I'm watching the Black Lagoon OVAs now since I held out hoping they'd show them next month.

Toonami |Nov14| Two Steps Forward, X Steps Backward
(However many shows are reruns :p)

Lol that's great.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
thank goodness for Hellsing

unfortunately, they probably blew their movie budget on picking those up, so the rest of the movies aren't going to be new for you guys

I haven't seen any of the movies, though, so I guess the real winner is me.

phew, this movie announcement saved me from buying the latest Hellsing Ultimate set. And Summer Wars again? Works for me. Now that I've seen the rest of Eva, maybe I'll like 2.22 this time around

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
phew, this movie announcement saved me from buying the latest Hellsing Ultimate set. And Summer Wars again? Works for me. Now that I've seen the rest of Eva, maybe I'll like 2.22 this time around

Just know that 3.33 is going to be completely different from the original series.

Moaradin

Glad they worked out Hellsing. Kinda wish we got more movies though. I'll watch Summer Wars and FMA. Ain't going anywhere near Broly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Then after waking up the first time I walk over to my folk's place (half a mile through back roads) crib some Nyquil gel caps from them and go back to my place. I skip the SAO2 this time and put on something even more snooze worthy, 1993 episodes of RAW.

Then I wake up, too shakey to play video games and decide to watch some more anime on Netflix. Freezing comes up first. It is the most shameless fanservice/sci fi show I've ever watched, and that's saying something. Then after that since I'm not able to game at the same time I decide to watch something with subtitles and settle on the first episode of Ghost in the Shell:Arise. Pretty dope. Don't like the character art but the story is on point and the animation is good.

Jarate

Banned
Then after waking up the first time I walk over to my folk's place (half a mile through back roads) crib some Nyquil gel caps from them and go back to my place. I skip the SAO2 this time and put on something even more snooze worthy, 1993 episodes of RAW.

Then I wake up, too shakey to play video games and decide to watch some more anime on Netflix. Freezing comes up first. It is the most shameless fanservice/sci fi show I've ever watched, and that's saying something. Then after that since I'm not able to game at the same time I decide to watch something with subtitles and settle on the first episode of Ghost in the Shell:Arise. Pretty dope. Don't like the character art but the story is on point and the animation is good.
You should drop everything and watch the greatest anime of all time

Twin Peaks

daveo42

Banned
I still need to watch the 2nd half of Arise. Really liked the first half overall. Also, this season of anime has been spectacular so far.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait GMN is waiting for post 50? Why are you waiting for it to be in the back half of the page? Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom