• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

I hope Overlord comes to Toonami just so I have an excuse to use this gif...

tumblr_nvr89dqwZK1uaylcyo1_400.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been watching Aldnoah Zero just so it doesn't come to TOONAMI.

It's a bland ass by the numbers giant robot show...with a great dub!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you sign up before the 23rd, yeah. It's like Lootcrate & Crunchyroll combined, it seems.

As cool as the idea for those types of services are, I can't bring myself to sign up since it feels like I'm gambling if I'll get something good that month. Granted, this package looks decent, but then I don't know if the next one will be worth it.

If you sign up before the 23rd, yeah. It's like Lootcrate & Crunchyroll combined, it seems.

As cool as the idea for those types of services are, I can't bring myself to sign up since it feels like I'm gambling if I'll get something good that month.

Yeah I agree. With my luck I'd sign up and probably get the Akame ga Kill or Attack on Titan package month.

As cool as the idea for those types of services are, I can't bring myself to sign up since it feels like I'm gambling if I'll get something good that month.

29 bucks for 2 months? Worth it for that scarf. Even if the second month is a crapshoot i'll be satisfied. Thanks, Zonic ol' buddy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
29 bucks for 2 months? Worth it for that scarf. Even if the second month is a crapshoot i'll be satisfied. Thanks, Zonic ol' buddy.
No problem. $15 per month (you get charged $30 at a time, which I guess is nice) isn't toooo bad, but again, despite $15 being worth it for the Kill la Kill package, I would feel rather bummed after waiting 2 months (since this is bi-monthly), I get stuff I don't want/care for.

I guess with Lootcrate, you can do JUST one month, so you can be more selective as to when you want to do it. But you still can't see what it is you're exactly getting, just a vague idea of what franchises will be represented.

But I guess that sense of mystery works for some people.

Lootcrate is a lot like OG PS Plus. They didn't know what the content was gonna be, but they still subbed to it because they liked the stuff they did get.

Never tried Lootcrate myself, but they're still around so they must be doing fine.

BBboy20

I don't get fallout's appeal
RPG+FPShooting+Surviving=Success.

Being bland as fuck is apparently hot as hell
Ben Carson's boring voice apparently is hot these days.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if i'm really alive.
f39b45614853ec3b51e46c5ee130f2061267240629_full.jpg

Next week on Satoshi & Hatchin...
Man, If Space Dandy really introduced the following episode with Sad Dandy...

Yes. After this episode we'll be in filler until, like, June.
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

Lara Croft is tough, but why is this game good?

I can't wait for Into the Badlands.
Just watched it.

I am really enjoying it. I haven't played a COD game in ages.
Which version? Me and Guchhi got PS4.

The whole crew is back together! Onto adventure once again!

And I'm off to bed, got to get up early to get to Toys R Us
I got no TRU over here.

i found a picture of zonic

YXLRpyDl.png
Too perfect.

No problem. $15 per month (you get charged $30 at a time, which I guess is nice) isn't toooo bad, but again, despite $15 being worth it for the Kill la Kill package, I would feel rather bummed after waiting 2 months (since this is bi-monthly), I get stuff I don't want/care for.

I guess with Lootcrate, you can do JUST one month, so you can be more selective as to when you want to do it. But you still can't see what it is you're exactly getting, just a vague idea of what franchises will be represented.

But I guess that sense of mystery works for some people.
I have ultimately adamant about not trying it out considering I'm running out of room and have a lot of subscriptions...though if Nintendo really go with that...good god...

But

Gaming....Gaming Never Changes.
Get Ron Pearlman in The Flash and then you can make SnakexHellboy excuses.

The Shadow the Hedgehog 10th Anniversary thread on Gaming side made me sad. Not because of the game or the thread, but because I decided to look up one of my old hangouts, The Sonic Foundation, only to find that it's completely gone now. It still existed as of about two years ago, the last time I got an urge to revisit the site. I checked out the Internet Archive of the site, but unfortunately, it doesn't have access to the forums after 2001.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still can't believe I asked for Shadow the Hedgehog for Xmas when I was 14. & I got it along with my slim PS2.

It was perhaps one of the first video games I ever recall playing that I flat-out disliked. & even Lego Star Wars which I also got was more "meeeeeh" than anything.

Mizerman

Real life footage of TUSR's RAW debut

Nisemonogatari-Episode-10-gif1.gif

Afterwards, TUSR will go on a undefeated streak and get into a program with John Cena. TUSR will win non-cleanly (because the kiddies do wanna see their hero fall), then Cena will pick up the clean victory and chew on some APPLEDOUGH. TUSR will be relegated to the mid card division after that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 158

Right, so after taking a vacation last week I have return and so have these reviews and thank the stars this shitty season is almost over. So this episode, one the one hand we do break from the usual formula but instead of anything interesting or clever we get one of the most stock of stock plotlines for children's cartoons, the Freaky Friday switch. Basically Palla-Palla, who has actually upping the ante and casting a wide net, which is something that really should have happened before now changes Usagi and Chibi-Usa and honestly not much happens. Really it is mostly so we can finally get the backstory on the finally named Helios, things I might add that were disclosed very early in the manga arc. Indeed, most of his manga backstory, like everything else this season has been stripped away, not that unusual but this ends up more like the Amazoness Quartet then the Amazon Trio. The backstory is not only a lot more generic but lacks any connection to the larger mythos which is something that will bite them on the ass. TOEI was good at doing that with this series. One thing that is retained is they are trying to make Helios the formal love interest here and it is about as boring. Still, recommendation to watch just for the formula break.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 159

Ah here we go, down the the scale of quality goes for this episode as even though some actual plot details are dropped in this episode is still comes across as filler and the series stretches out the revelations due to reasons. Really poor reasons as even though ChibiUsa and Helios should have a pretty strong connection for you know an episode that is happening at the end of the season Helois declines to advance shit because they have to get to know each other better. God damn this season is useless since they have had ample time to do that shit and they couldn't be assed. We the audience however do learn the fate of the actual body of Helios, so that is something. The rest of the episode had the Scouts mistaking some rando for ChbiUsa's boyfriend and really stupid shit ensued. Strongest recommendation to avoid this episode.

Jarate

Banned
Only game Toonami likes to play is the sick and twisted game where we stay up to the wee hours of the night to post about Japanese children's shows that we don't like

We should have a game night together, although I refuse to at DOTA 2 or any Mona for that matter

Jarate

Banned
Also, what are all betting on for the next Toonami show to replace Mitchiko and Hatchin

Y'all know what my vote goes to

Raxus

Which version? Me and Guchhi got PS4.

PS4! When I dig out of the timesink that is Fallout I will hop on. My GT is College_Boy

New anime for Toonami.

My list hasn't changed much.

JoJo
One Punch Man is basically inevitable at this point aside from Netflix/Hulu shannigans
Ushio & Tora, Sentai be damned.

Speaking of OPM...

So good.

You can still enjoy it for it's awesome characters and action.

That's my other problem, I like the characters to a certain extent but the action does nothing for me because every scene basically builds towards Saitama showing up and one punching something. The only fight that even remotely got me excited was
the alien invasion arc... and that was because it took TWO punches for Saitama to beat the bad guy cause he had armor...
. The action looks gorgeous in the manga because Murata da gawd drew it and the anime from the gifs and clips I've seen does a very good job, but that general problem still remains. The way I feel reading/watching OPM is the way Saitama feels about his own super strength, we're both equally bored by how easy everything is for him to beat. The only thing that makes me smile is when Saitama makes a reaction face to someone.

Top Bottom