• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Our long national nightmare is almost at an end, Gravity Falls was canceled for "creative reasons" and will not return after this season is over. Can't have too many cartoons on stations designed to air cartoons, after all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got hit with a major snowstorm. Not leaving this house today!
I woke up to a few inches of snow that'll most likely melt tomorrow or so. Thankfully, I finally got my car back last week, so I have 4-wheel drive so I hopefully don't have to worry about the roads.......though I have to drive on them during the night.

Our long national nightmare is almost at an end, Gravity Falls was canceled for "creative reasons" and will not return after this season is over. Can't have too many cartoons on stations designed to air cartoons, after all.
SCHADENFREUDE, ARE YOU OKAY!?!

To clarify, the creator of Gravity Falls, Alex Hirsch, said during the first season that he intended to make the show three seasons and a movie. But then during later interviews, he mentioned that working on the show was much harder than he thought and revised it down to two seasons and a movie. By the time season 2 started, he downplayed the movie part during interviews.

Now, it's been revealed that since before season 2 started, he decided to end the show at season 2, but Disney forced him to delay this announcement, out of hope that he would reconsider and decide to make more of the show.

With Naruto hitting the shit filler zone into next year and One Piece joining it soon, the Toonami block is about to get real mediocre.

I hope they announce Michiko's replacement soon.

Grexeno

With Naruto hitting the shit filler zone into next year and One Piece joining it soon after, the Toonami block is about to get real mediocre.

I hope they announce Michiko's replacement soon.
At least One Piece is only in filler for 11 weeks. Shippuden will be in filler for like half the goddamn year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You watch they'll just make up filler even after they adapt the ending.

Considering what comes after, I could live with that. They'd have a lot more freedom and wouldn't have to reset everything back to jump at the end of each arc, which is part of the reason filler so often sucks.

I'd be fine with a Naruto GT, as long as Pierrot stops with this
Infinite Tsukuyomi
filler already. They can even pull a current Toei and straight up adapt The Last and Boruto into the anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Considering what comes after, I could live with that. They'd have a lot more freedom and wouldn't have to reset everything back to jump at the end of each arc, which is part of the reason filler so often sucks.

Eh, they messed up the easiest lay-up filler concept in the Chunin exams already, I have less faith than ever in them...though they did give Twenty a couple of episodes to shine so they aren't completely incompetent...

Remember how in the Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, the Prince accepted his dark side, and thus it could no longer hunt him?

If we accept anime filler, then perhaps it can no longer hurt us.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Remember how in the Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, the Prince accepted his dark side, and thus it could no longer hunt him?

If we accept anime filler, then perhaps it can no longer hurt us.

Yep, I'm downright immune to it.

Except this upcoming One Piece filler, which will likely break me.

Note I used to talk about Naruto's 80 episodes of filler in the same way, and now I like almost all of it, so I've softened a bit.

I've probably watched the first 400 episodes of One Piece four or five times now all the way through and could only stomach watching these episodes once.

Regiruler

The dark nights return?

The dark nights' rerurn
https://twitter.com/Star_Overlord/status/667827498135121920

It seems that the rights to prior Shippuden episodes expire very fast.
Not sure if this is just a streaming thing.

Shippuden marathon of the tail end of the immortals arc would actually be some good watching material.
It is only now that I realize the changing of my avatar from Dipper to something else was all too prophetic.

What on earth is your current avatar anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Frieza's done fucked up now, Tatsumi and Esdeath fight off some Danger Beasts, Shinichi gains an unlikely ally, Satoshi challenges Shinsuke and tells Hatchin more about her dad, the longest filler arc in all of Shippuden gets under way, the Straw Hats' new king of beasts gets itself a name while the crew's friends and loved ones around the world react to the arrival of their latest wanted posters, and Mako shows off her new Stand.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 48 - The Angry Super Saiyan! Goku Throws Down the Gauntlet!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 14 - Kill the Giant Dangerous Beast
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 7 - A Dark Night's Passing
1:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 20 - Rendezvous of Extermination
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 90 - A Shinobi's Determination
2:30 - One Piece - 324 - Wanted Posters Make It Around the World! Celebrations in Their Hometowns as the Ship Moves Forward!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 7 - A Loser I Can't Hate

So tonight's episode of Akame Ga Kill kinda doubles as a beach episode. I don't mean that in terms of fanservice, but in terms of plot advancement.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So tonight's episode of Akame Ga Kill kinda doubles as a beach episode. I don't mean that in terms of fanservice, but in terms of plot advancement.

dL0bNBm.png

Seda

considering we only get two actual weeks of premieres in December i might not make a new thread for the month, just keep this one.

Top Bottom