• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Grexeno

Count number of irrelevant gifs mangod posts
CNuVsa5.gif

I got a group presentation this Wednesday and another one on Monday.

I would rather write three fifteen page papers about boring ass nothing topics, than have to go give those presentations.

I wouldn't mind if they were solo presentations. Solo presentations are easy.

Group presentations are the worst.

I'll give it a shot then. I'm pretty easily amused so I should be good.

Besides, reading ToonamiGAF during Toonami is the best thing about Toonami anyway.

Seda

So how is Parasyte? I've been wanting to check it out and this marathon sounds cool.

Opinions are mixed, but there are definitely some people watching for the first time in this thread who are now invested in the show (they aren't as loud as the detractors, which is pretty normal haha)

It's more drama than action. It tries to lay on semi-"morals" pretty thick at times, with characters sometimes pushing to give some sort of lesson at the detriment of acting believably. It's worth noting the source material manga started in the late 80s.

The dub is okay, although the main character has some awkward reads / takes some getting used to and some of the bit-part extras are bad.

While I like Parasyte a lot it's not really a show I'm in the mood to marathon right now even though I'm not really tired I'll just take advantage for an early nights rest after Intruder 2.

While I'm interested to see where Parasyte ends up, it's not a show I see myself watching again, so I don't know how much I might stick with the marathon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm here for Intruder II, and then I'm out.

Probably means going through the first 12 minutes of Parasyte again

Opinions are mixed, but there are definitely some people watching for the first time in this thread who are now invested in the show (they aren't as loud as the detractors, which is pretty normal haha)

It's more drama than action. It tries to lay on semi-"morals" pretty thick at times, with characters sometimes pushing to give some sort of lesson at the detriment of acting believably. It's worth noting the source material manga started in the late 80s.

The dub is okay, although the main character has some awkward reads / takes some getting used to and some of the bit-part extras are bad.
Thanks for the write up, good to know stuff. I'm a fan of The Thing from '82 and I'm hoping it's like that, at least a little bit.

Also, so many Xbone commercials!

Thanks for the write up, good to know stuff. I'm a fan of The Thing from '82 and I'm hoping it's like that, at least a little bit.

Also, so many Xbone commercials!

If you like Carpenter's The Thing you'll probably enjoy Parasyte, I'm a big fan of that film though Parasyte manga/anime is no where near as good as The Thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, Xbox One.

........that reminds me, I should see if the exclusive Final Fantasy 15 demo finally downloaded on my brand new PS4, designed #4theplayers

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If you like Carpenter's The Thing you'll probably enjoy Parasyte, I'm a big fan of that film though Parasyte manga/anime is no where near as good as The Thing.

It feels a lot more like a Spider-man type show that takes too long to get going than Carpenter's The Thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, I've got it, how this ties to Thanksgiving.

See, the Parasyte is consumerism, & the human is Christmas....

oh, short OP.

Top Bottom