• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Casshern Sins is my goto example of the classic fault of sci-fi/fantasy in that almost any rumor, no matter how outlandish it is, comes true.

The rumor gets spread that if you eat this dude named Casshern you'll cure the Ruin and become Immortal. Friender eats a piece of Casshern and is shown to be immune to the Ruin.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Three of the next five, including tonight, yeah.

DEU5nvE.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, it's a Turkey Day Weekend Marathon featuring everybody's favorite alien parasite hand and his boy

12:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 1 - Metamorphosis
12:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 2 - The Devil in the Flesh
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 3 - Symposium
1:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 4 - Tangled Hair
2:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 5 - The Stranger
2:30 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 6 - The Sun Also Rises
3:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 7 - A Dark Night's Passing

Are we getting a ton of marathons because they don't have anything to show after M&H right now or is this par for the course
Last two years it was movies in December. They did terribly last year while marathons seem to do pretty well, so no more movies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Are we getting a ton of marathons because they don't have anything to show after M&H right now or is this par for the course

2013 and 2014 were Movie Months.
2013 had Akira, Summer Wars, FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa, and Trigun Badlands Rumble.
2014 had Hellsing Ultimate IX + Summer Wars, Hellsing Ultimate X + FMA: Sacred Star of Milos, DBZ: Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan + Akira, and Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22.
The 2014 month was a bomb, probably combined with airing Attack on Titan repeats before them (AoT is not a show that repeats well)

What are the other two marathons again? Kai and what else?

Tonight is Parasyte
The other two are DBZ Kai and One Piece

Regiruler

Checked out a new comic store that is about 4 minutes from my house.

I was depressed they didn't actually have much other than comics. They did have a small manga section, but it was so tiny that it was actually smaller than the selection at the public library (they had the first 3 One Punch Man volumes which I was tempted to pick up, but decided against it). I was mainly interested in the place being a new Yugioh locals since MY only other option is 40 minites away, but their TCG options were pathetic (only 3 different products for Magic and Pokemon in their display, and nothing at all for yugioh). I felt awful not buying anything but I just don't like comics for whatever reason.

Was also hoping that they might have positions open during the holidays, but that was a no go as well

Seda

Toonami had only a few marathons in 2014 and earlier, during labor day and such - sometimes using movies on those nights instead. Sometimes, like Thanksgiving 2014, they just went with a normal schedule. Knowing December ratings are poor, they went with a movie month in 2013 and 2014. Neither rated too well, especially 2014 because they reaired a few of the movies from the prior year.

It seems like they realized ratings on those holiday weekends are going to fall significantly, and movies are both <too expensive> and <not catching viewers>, so those are out in favor of marathons, which are "free". Even though of course anyone posting in this thread would prefer movies.

Also that Halloween and the 4th of July landing on Saturdays this year replaced a few normal schedules with marathons.

ckohler

I don't have a huge problem with dubstep inherently...

...but the music in Parasyte is pretty bad.

I mute the opening to be honest.

While I don't advertise it, I too enjoy some dubstep. I wouldn't call the opening to Parasyte dubstep, though. It sounds more like some weird combination of autotune and metal.

Line_HTX

I always likened the edited cut Akame OP to a slow In Flames track or Killswitch Engage when Howard Jones was still the vocalist.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Screw it, I'll keep track how many times people ask if he's the real Shinichi/Izumi or whatever variations come up during the marathon.

Grexeno

Zonic really won't have a good thing to count again until Log Horizon airs and he can count the number of *adjusts glasses*

Soulflarz

Banned
wait wtf
it's saturday?

FUCK MY LIFE

*goes back to college tomorrow, where he will study 3 days straight for a test then rush a project due friday, then write a paper over the weekend and then study for finals for a week straight*

Top Bottom