• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Crocodile

Lost an external hard drive this week. Had an non-insignificant amount of data, manuscript drafts and references related to my doctoral research. I've not been in a good mood this week :/

Going through the comments, it's the Witchblade anime.

It's been a while since I saw it but I remember the Witchblade anime being much better than it had any right to be. Like I thought the mom & daughter dynamic was good and the main character was good in her own right. Super Powered "Mom" is not a protagonist role often explored in anime.

following sentai on tumblr was the greatest decision of my life

That shirt........why.jpg

Oh my god, just nearly got into a head on collision on my way to work.
I was traveling down this long and curvy two lanes road near my house and I'm going 55 miles an hour(limit is 55). I come around the blind corner and all I see is this white car that had been trying to pass somebody heading directly for me. He was probably going 70. He gets on his brakes and I swerve to the left of him to avoid and he hits the cop car behind me. Crazy stuff and I thank goodness I was paying attention or it could've been me.
Both cars looked totaled and the cop was knocked out. Other dude in the white car is lying on the ground in pain and shit.
Some photos I took.
Not a scratch on my car or me.i thank goodness. It was like time slowed down though for real.

Thank goodness you came out of that incident unharmed and safe

I like how many people including me got a ps4 in the last week and now won't play it for a month thanks to xcx

I need to get a PS4 eventually but I know I would be too busy to really play it anytime soon. I'm sure I can find a good price for it later. I mostly want one because I have like 6+ crowdfunded games I backed for that system and I feel it would probably be a good idea to get to play those games :p

So many flavors and you chose to be salty

I think COMPLETELY changing the battle system is something fans of the original or turn-based rpgs have a right to be upset about. Like people shouldn't be dicks or assholes about it but its not an insignificant change and its not like a strict upgrade either.

Grexeno

image.php

Do you have a thing for topless women
With sunny-side up eggs in their hair.

Regiruler

Lost an external hard drive this week. Had an non-insignificant amount of data, manuscript drafts and references related to my doctoral research. I've not been in a good mood this week :/

It's been a while since I saw it but I remember the Witchblade anime being much better than it had any right to be. Like I thought the mom & daughter dynamic was good and the main character was good in her own right. Super Powered "Mom" is not a protagonist role often explored in anime.

That shirt........why.jpg

Thank goodness you came out of that incident unharmed and safe

I need to get a PS4 eventually but I know I would be too busy to really play it anytime soon. I'm sure I can find a good price for it later. I mostly want one because I have like 6+ crowdfunded games I backed for that system and I feel it would probably be a good idea to get to play those games :p

I think COMPLETELY changing the battle system is something fans of the original or turn-based rpgs have a right to be upset about. Like people shouldn't be dicks or assholes about it but its not an insignificant change and its not like a strict upgrade either.
I watched witchblade in its entirety ages ago. I remember it being ok.
That subplot with the machines was kinda creepy tbh

I had always had a fear of that so I used one of those online reference things so I can always just sync everything, and then the other stuff servers, multiple copies of everything on my laptop + work pc + drives + print out all my excel/R stuff and presentations and slides. (afraid to use the cloud for that stuff)

Hope it wasnt a big setback.

Line_HTX

I'm sorry, Crocodile. I had to replace a laptop just this past week. Finally arrived on Wednesday and I'm somewhat back to normal. Good thing all the homework I did was not on that hard drive, and I mostly lost my notes and study guides that I can easily get again.

Of course, I'm more mad that I lost all my pictures, music, anime, screenshots, and copypasta and passwords to a few places, and first thing I did for the new laptop was log onto GAF, Twitter, and Twitch immediately on Firefox.

#Priorities

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Frieza hulks up as the FINAL COUNTDOWN begins on Namek, Night Raid sets its sights on an Imperial plant within the religious organization the Path of Peace, Shinichi's various upgrades make his classmates wonder if he's actually the real Shinichi, Satoshi tries to rope another local crime boss into aiding the hunt for Hiroshi while Michiko tries to reunite with Hatchin somehow, Kakashi's new team arrives at Orochimaru's hideout, Portgas D. Ace's long search for Blackbeard comes to an end on Banaro Island not far from Water 7 and he plans to finally exact his vengeance for his crewmate's death, and Ryuko and Mako take a spin in Gamagoori's sweet ride.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 49 - Avenge the Fallen, Goku! Countdown to the Planet's Destruction!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 15 - Kill the Religion
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 8 - Freezing Point
1:30 - Michiko e Hatchin - 21 - Last Waltz Blooming Out of Season
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 91 - Orochimaru's Hideout Discovered
2:30 - One Piece - 325 - The Most Heinous Power! Blackbeard's Darkness Attacks Ace!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 8 - I Will Wipe My Own Tears

BBboy20

BBboy20 on PSN despite Splatfest going on and a lot of us playing XCX.

I will not be playing Xenoblade Chronicles X because of this character

q9vRR6R.jpg

her face honestly scares the shit out of me

im playing Legend of Heroes Trails in The Sky cause ive heard such good things about SC
Seems like a pretty cool cat so far.

Nope it was the worst show evar. The VR killed my baby, those american pig swine indie games raped my dog, etc, etc.
Yeah, the fuck is going on with the indie bashing in the gaming thread.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So basically how I view Toonami each week.

Listening to Toonami Faithful last night (really need to tone down the "ESDEATH IS DA BEEESSSTTTTT" talk. If I had a dollar for each pervy &/or Esdeath comment made in the latest podcast, I could afford to buy Toonami) & they brought up a good point for M&H's replacement: wouldn't it be more likely that it'll be an "older" show (M&H is from 2008, but I think got a dub in 2012) since it seems at 1:30 & later, it's older shows right now on the block, with newer stuff (excluding Kai) leading the block off.

Grexeno

ANNOUNCING, THE FIRST ANNUAL TOONAMIGAF AWARDS (WITH PODCAST)

In one week's time, nominations will open in the following categories:

Best Promo
Worst Moment
Best Moment
Best Fight
Worst Character
Best Character
Best Villain
Biggest Disappointment
Best Surprise
Most Wanted New Show
Best Performance by a Voice Actor
and Best Performance by a Voice Actress

while the following categories need no nominations:

Best Opening
Best Soundtrack
Worst Looking Show
Best Looking Show
Worst Ending
Best Ending
Best Cast
Worst Show of the Year
and Best Show of the Year

Once the nominations have been sent in, a crew of handpicked ToonamiGAF luminaries will be armed with tridents and nets, locked in a podcast studio, and forced to fight to the death over the winners!

Please start considering your nominations now! Nominations open next Sunday!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For best/worst show, would that include shows still airing? Like, Parasyte is only about 1/3rd done and will finish next year, so would people judge it based on what they've seen so far or would it count if someone has already seen it before it aired?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Based on what I remember, the following shows finished this year:

- Gurren Lagann
- SAO2
- Inuyasha: Final Act
- M&H (next week)
- Kill la Kill
- I guess Deadman Wonderland if we're counting repeats, but I'm assuming we're not?

So I guess we need to keep those in mind?

So basically how I view Toonami each week.

Listening to Toonami Faithful last night (really need to tone down the "ESDEATH IS DA BEEESSSTTTTT" talk. If I had a dollar for each pervy &/or Esdeath comment made in the latest podcast, I could afford to buy Toonami) & they brought up a good point for M&H's replacement: wouldn't it be more likely that it'll be an "older" show (M&H is from 2008, but I think got a dub in 2012) since it seems at 1:30 & later, it's older shows right now on the block, with newer stuff (excluding Kai) leading the block off.

Hrm. We at the Show Rundown keep going on about Esdeath is the fucking worst.

Maybe this is grounds for that wrestling feud we've been thinking about.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hrm. We at the Show Rundown keep going on about Esdeath is the fucking worst.

Maybe this is grounds for that wrestling feud we've been thinking about.
There are certainly times where I tend to agree with you guys over the other podcast. Though to be fair, it's kind of interesting hearing other opinions on the other side of the spectrum, even if I don't agree, just to see where they're coming from.

They (well, one guy) also said Esdeath was the only anime character they "like liked". So yeah, have that wrestling feud.

....Oh god, that's right, after checking, Gurren Lagann was replaced by SAO2, which was then replaced by M&H. So at least we got GL for Best categories & SAO2 for Worst.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh, something that's been brewing for a few weeks now. Esdeath has one of the better VAs on this show. I initially thought she was Tatsumaki/Mine tier of irredeemable, but she gets better each week.

Mizerman

Oh, something that's been brewing for a few weeks now. Esdeath has one of the better VAs on this show. I initially thought she was Tatsumaki/Mine tier of irredeemable, but she gets better each week.

Her and Leone have decent VAs on that show.

Everybody else? Eh...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, those two are fine for the most part. Really, Esdeath's VA just has bad lines to work with, which isn't her fault.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, those two are fine for the most part. Really, Esdeath's VA just has bad lines to work with, which isn't her fault.

She's bad in the first episode as well. The rest of the time since though she's been getting into the character and its fine.

Grexeno

For best/worst show, would that include shows still airing? Like, Parasyte is only about 1/3rd done and will finish next year, so would people judge it based on what they've seen so far or would it count if someone has already seen it before it aired?
Yes. All of the show categories will include every show that aired new episodes this year (excluding Samurai Jack if you were going to consider it)

Just like how anime gaf considers for anime of the year you base it upon the episodes that aired in that year. If a show falls flat down the end you don't award it next year, if it ends strong it gets nominated again.

Grexeno

However, if a show airs a very small amount of episodes in a year or something similar, it wouldn't be nominated. For example, I'm not going to be putting the second Akame ga Kill! OP or the next One Piece opening in there, because they only air this year once or twice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
KOF just looks wrong without 2D sprites. Some of them that they've shown so far are actually pretty good, but it just doesn't fit quite right.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't even want a "Worst Performance by a Voice Actor" award because I didn't want to negatively single out real people.
All the nominees would've been from Akame ga Kill....& maybe one or two from Parasyte.

However, if a show airs a very small amount of episodes in a year or something similar, it wouldn't be nominated. For example, I'm not going to be putting the second Akame ga Kill! OP or the next One Piece opening in there, because they only air this year once or twice.
Ah, okay, fair enough. So maybe Dec. would be the cutoff date since we're only getting 2 weeks of the normal schedule with the other 2 being marathons, or being the movie month in previous years.

KOF just looks wrong without 2D sprites. Some of them that they've shown so far are actually pretty good, but it just doesn't fit quite right.

Considering the last KoF was arguably the best looking 2d fighter ever, these Tekken 5 level models are just bad. Especially if you compare them to Tekken 7 or DOA5LR

Grexeno

Ah, okay, fair enough. So maybe Dec. would be the cutoff date since we're only getting 2 weeks of the normal schedule with the other 2 being marathons, or being the movie month in previous years.
There's no cutoff date, I'm just using my best judgement.

Top Bottom